• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nunes: There Was NO OFFICIAL INTELLIGENCE USED to Start DOJ Spying on Trump[W:895]

Re: Nunes: There Was NO OFFICIAL INTELLIGENCE USED to Start DOJ Spying on Trump

McCabe was fired. Strzok, Page and Ohr were demoted and transferred. There's the evidence. Y'all--not ya'll--need to learn to live with that reality.

Demoted and transferred for participating in one of the biggest and most wide ranging conspiracies to leverage the DOJ against a political candidate at another's behest. Sounds plausible...

Start a thread on that and perhaps I will. But you posted in this thread without bothering to listen to the video in the OP. That sort of renders your opinion worthless, no?

Answer the question: would you watch an eight-minute long Alex Jones rant?

Demoted and transferred for participating in one of the biggest and most wide ranging conspiracies to leverage the DOJ against a political candidate at another's behest. Sounds plausible...

What's plausible is that they are singing and that's why they weren't outright fired.

In fact, we KNOW that Page already sang. It's in the McCabe portion of the IG report.

Interesting video with the usual FOXNews slant.

Nunes is doing his best, grabbing for straws, trying to protect his team.

It's clear in the video that he intends to invoke some kind of "traditional" technicality's to defend Comrade Trump, et al. That's much like a defense attorney contesting a search warrant over a typo or grammar error. Desperate.

Notice, Nunes doesn't appear to be able dispute the evidence the F.B.I. has gathered in their investigation so he going for throwing it out on some kind of technicality.

Got news for you Nunes. Pandora's box has already been opened. Too late now to whine about how. It won't make it go away or cover it up.

Answer the question: would you watch an eight-minute long Alex Jones rant?

Probably not. But I wouldn't likely post in the thread either. You posted in this thread. How about you watch it and tell me what you think about what he said. If you don't want to, why are you posting here?

If there is an issue with this, then Nunes can go to the OIG and have them look into it. So why is he going on TV and tainting that investigation? Seems pretty obvious to me.

1. He doesn't have to go to the OIG. He is the Chairman of the House Committee that has oversight.

2. He hasn't tainted anything. He has simply let the public know some facts.

Nune's statement boggles the mind. This information is sure to make anti-Trump hater's heads explode. Amiright?

The local Trump haters are sticking their heads in the sand to keep them from exploding.

LOL!!

Probably not.

Since you would not be eager to watch an eight minute long Alex Jones video, then you can understand why I would not be eager to watch an eight minute long Nunes video.

But I wouldn't likely post in the thread either. You posted in this thread. How about you watch it and tell me what you think about what he said.

Watch this entire video and I will.

1. He doesn't have to go to the OIG. He is the Chairman of the House Committee that has oversight.

2. He hasn't tainted anything. He has simply let the public know some facts.

Nobody said he "has" to do anything. But the OIG is responsible for investigating these things. If he was truly concerned, and there was a credible case, then he wouldn't be on the news spouting this crap off, he'd be working with the OIG to prove it.

Going on television and publicly discussing an investigation that is ongoing does taint it unless he is part of the investigation which he is not.

Seriously? Nunes? Don't tarnish your own credibility by suggesting you take him seriously. Nunes adds nothing to the discussion that serious people would even talk about. The man has no shame. He is a bad joke of man. If you stand with him, you are in the same bucket of shamelessness.

Let's make a deal.... don't post anything with Nunes' name on it as if it were serious; and we won't post anything with Maxine Waters name.

No deal. You can post Waters stuff as much as you want.

The local Trump haters are sticking their heads in the sand to keep them from exploding.

LOL!!

Nobody's heads are exploding because Nunes has been saying the exact same bs for months now. There is nothing new stated here. His original claim was that the FISA warrant was based on the dossier alone.

Interesting video with the usual FOXNews slant.

Nunes is doing his best, grabbing for straws, trying to protect his team.

It's clear in the video that he intends to invoke some kind of "traditional" technicality's to defend Comrade Trump, et al. That's much like a defense attorney contesting a search warrant over a typo or grammar error. Desperate.

Notice, Nunes doesn't appear to be able dispute the evidence the F.B.I. has gathered in their investigation so he going for throwing it out on some kind of technicality.

Got news for you Nunes. Pandora's box has already been opened. Too late now to whine about how. It won't make it go away or cover it up.

Actually, Nunes has already determined that there was no Trump/Russia collusion. He's past that part of the issue. Now, he's investigating a different matter: The possible criminality of DOJ/FBI actions.

"Official" intelligence? What the heck is that? What an idiot. I'm going to love it if he gets smacked with an obstruction charge too.

i have a crazy theory: nunes is doing this not because he has relevant information, but because he is trying to rally conservative interest groups in support of his reelection bid.

Nobody said he "has" to do anything. But the OIG is responsible for investigating these things. If he was truly concerned, and there was a credible case, then he wouldn't be on the news spouting this crap off, he'd be working with the OIG to prove it.

Going on television and publicly discussing an investigation that is ongoing does taint it unless he is part of the investigation which he is not.

He has oversight responsibility. He is conducting his investigation. He will do that as he sees fit. He doesn't answer to the DOJ OIG. The DOJ and the FBI answer to him.

If he wants to release what he has found to the public, he has every ability to do so...as long as he doesn't release classified information.

Nothing he has said so far has had any effect on the OIG investigation. In fact, we don't actually know if the OIG is investigating this particular issue.

i have a crazy theory: nunes is doing this not because he has relevant information, but because he is trying to rally conservative interest groups in support of his reelection bid.

You're right...that's a crazy theory.

"Official" intelligence? What the heck is that? What an idiot. I'm going to love it if he gets smacked with an obstruction charge too.

Nunes explained during the interview what official intelligence is. Did you watch the video?

Or, do you avoid Fox News like you do the Daily Caller?

Actually, Nunes has already determined that there was no Trump/Russia collusion. He's past that part of the issue. Now, he's investigating a different matter: The possible criminality of DOJ/FBI actions.

It has long been said that he best defense is a good offense.

What I notice that seems to me lost on most folks is that Nunes is on the Intelligence Committee. A committee that is supposed to be bi-partisan and serve as an oversight to our intelligence community. Yet, his partisanship is blatantly and un-apologetically on display at every turn and his efforts mostly appear to be running block and defending President Trump.

He has no business sitting on that committee so I, personally, give him little, if any, credibility. His objectivity flew out the window a LONG time ago if it was ever there to begin with.

You're right...that's a crazy theory.

is Nunes in a competitive race this year?

and i am not the only one who is suspecting the motives of Nunes

In a way, this is worse than merely seeking to protect Trump by placing party above the nation's interests. By continuing down this path, these House Republicans are placing their True Conservative goal above the party, its president, and the national interest.

Eleven of them are urging the prosecution of Hillary Clinton, James Comey, and a bunch of other people. Their reasoning, let's just say, is specious. At the same time, three House chairs and other House Republicans pressured Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to release Comey's memos. This is almost certainly not legitimate congressional oversight, as the Washington Post's Greg Sargent detailed; it's simply a means of interfering with the Mueller investigation. This is more of the same from the folks, including House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes of fast-to-fizzle #releasethememo controversy.

Everyone is assuming that in doing this, the House radicals are seeking to protect Trump. But it's very possible that they are seeking a Saturday Night Massacre type event for their own reasons. How did the release of the Comey memos help Trump, for instance? They certainly burnished the reputation of Nunes to the strong conservatives who might help him overcome a surprisingly competitive re-election campaign -- both through national fundraising and district support:

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-04-20/comey-memo-release-is-not-about-protecting-trump

Here's my take...maybe I should have included it in my OP, but oh well.

So...it's been established that the DOJ/FBI counterintelligence departments had no official intelligence to cause them to start their Trump/associates investigation. That means they had to have some other motivation, such as "unofficial intelligence" or an ulterior motive (let's get Trump). We need to find out.

We do know that the FBI knew about the Steele dossier long before the public did. We also know that Clinton associates funneled information to the State Department, who might have sent it to the FBI. We do know that the Steele dossier has never been verified and we don't know if the information from the Clinton associates has been verified...or, even, what that information is. Was there any other information?

But people are trying to find out. We have the various House and Senate Committees, which includes Nunes and his committee, looking at this stuff, including any State Department connections. We have the DOJ OIG, who has been investigating the actions of the DOJ and the FBI in connection to a range of issues.

Considering the seriousness of our government mounting a counterintelligence investigation of a Presidential candidate and his associates...before and after the election...I think it's very important that we find out why. Especially since we already have evidence of people in the DOJ and FBI doing things that are possibly illegal.

Outstanding post. You nailed it. Especially the conclusion.

It's pretty much a fact. There's no way to argue in Strzok's, Page's, Ohr's and McCabe's defense. There's no way to argue that they were falsely accused. And, no one ever said that they were operating at another candidate's behest, although that can't be ruled out since McCabe's wife received a wad of cash from the DNC and Ohr's wife was working for Fusion GPS.

He has oversight responsibility. He is conducting his investigation. He will do that as he sees fit. He doesn't answer to the DOJ OIG. The DOJ and the FBI answer to him.

If he wants to release what he has found to the public, he has every ability to do so...as long as he doesn't release classified information.

Nothing he has said so far has had any effect on the OIG investigation. In fact, we don't actually know if the OIG is investigating this particular issue.

So you don't think that significant damage is being done to the relationship of trust between the DOJ, US Intelligence agencies and Congressional oversight committee in that classified information, or important information to ongoing investigations will be handled in a responsible nonpartisan manner?I think Devin has all but destroyed those relationships. And all in the name of partisan politics and that will have ominous complications for this country further on the road.

Last edited:

Nunes explained during the interview what official intelligence is. Did you watch the video?

Or, do you avoid Fox News like you do the Daily Caller?

Yes I watched it and he is simply playing word games because he has nothing to backup his accusations and is also resorting to invoking the ghost of Hillary again out of desperation.

And the 2 founders of Fusion GPS - up to their eyeballs in that *** - released an opinion piece in the NYT yesterday trying to shift investigation away from them and hoping to focus the pathetic left on a unicorn hunt:

"Put aside Russian collusion for a moment. Press pause on possible presidential obstruction of justice. Forget Stormy Daniels. The most significant recent development involving the president may be that the special counsel, Robert Mueller, has subpoenaed Trump Organization business records as part of his inquiry into Russian interference in the presidential election.

Those documents — and records recently seized by the F.B.I. from the president’s personal lawyer Michael Cohen — might answer a question raised by the president’s critics: Have certain real estate investors used Trump-branded properties to launder the proceeds of criminal activity around the world? ..."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/21/opinion/sunday/trump-business-mueller-money-laundering.html

All the existing talking points for the left seem to be falling apart, so let's try some new ones ... :lol:

I would like to point out that Manafort has been under FBI investigation for more than 10 years for money laundering and other "activities".
Trump - having been in real estate for 50 years - would have triggered the FBI at some point in the past, had he been involved in money laundering.
If there were something, Comey would have brought it to the forefront during the 2016 election.
Also, Trump has/had several lawyers. What makes Peter Fritsch and Glenn R. Simpson think that Cohen had all of Trump's legal records?!?

Nothing, except trying to shift focus from them to a unicorn and keep the pathetic left on that never-ending "impeach" trail ...

Back
Top Bottom