• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nuclear weapons are the most deadly and destructive weapons ever built...we spend more than $50 billion each year to maintain the nuclear arsenal.....

Don't act like you don't know that the slim majority in the Senate isn't enough to pass non-reconciliation reform. To pass most legislation they require significant Republican support, and Republicans generally oppose any/all Democratic majority legislative efforts in order to "demonstrate" that Democrats can't get anything done.
Republicans DEFINITELY oppose those things, so it's a non-starter.
Again, Republicans are the problem you seem to be trying to identify.

Same old worn out excuses for the last three democrat administrations.

Republicans bad.

You all had a excellent chance to fix healthcare, but you raped the middle class so you all could thump your chest about providing healthcare to millions.

Many will be lost to anti missile defences which need numbers to saturate and overwhelm them. The more we have the more successful any reprisal we initiate will be.
There's no such thing as success in a nuclear war.

Republicans bad.

You all had a excellent chance to fix healthcare, but you raped the middle class so you all could thump your chest about providing healthcare to millions.

Your claim is "Democrats bad."

I wouldn't say bad, it's just that they are as ****ed up as republicans and can't admit it.
No, Republicans are making a broad assault on democracy.

I've been wondering lately what will be the first U.S. state to independently create nuclear weapons.

I've been wondering lately what will be the first U.S. state to independently create nuclear weapons.

None have the capability. The closest would be Texas, but they only have the capability to *assemble* nuclear weapons.

None have the capability. The closest would be Texas, but they only have the capability to *assemble* nuclear weapons.
I don't expect it tomorrow, but I do expect it.

The production process is too dispersed. And building it could not be concealed in the US.
I guess Texas, for instance, would have to establish an independent army first. I guess that would come with secession.
I keep thinking about these things that weren't conceivable before we had a party sanctioning an attack on this country's seat of government because they were mad they lost an election, and both parties with groups using violence to support their position. It's finally come to the good ol' USA as it's been in other parts of the volatile world. Civil war is still a possibility, and the mind wanders into other heretofore unthinkable possibilities.

Republicans bad.

That inability to refute my arguments and just claim "Republicans Bad!" is the sound of your soul knowing you're in the wrong on this.

That inability to refute my arguments and just claim "Republicans Bad!" is the sound of your soul knowing you're in the wrong on this.

You can't prove the accusations you have made and you want me to refute them?

You can't prove the accusations you have made and you want me to refute them?
I thought it was "Republicans bad" you dsiagreeed with. Now you're claiming you have no "proof"? What is this, mathematics class? Let's look at what you think isn't well-known by everyone here:

NRA/Republicans block any/all gun legislation, even work against firearm related research(!)
Republicans oppose most any climate/environmental advocacy policies and actively undo policies when elected (see Trump)
Economic insecurity - #1 cost is healthcare, Republicans oppose most of the popular healthcare policies put forward by candidates
Republicans and Russia are the biggest pushers of anti-vaxx/anti-mask/anti-mandate propaganda

Those stand as common sense, in the news for a decade, being obvious positions of the Republican party.
Next thing you'll be claiming is that Republicans are advocates for gun control legislation ROFL.

You know you're in the wrong here, that's why you're in such an absurd position.

Do you think Russia or China would contemplate an attack if you told them that a random 50% of their population would die?
You don't need to kill everyone to win.
Hey it's how I win in Total War Warhammer and in Command and Conquer. A foolproof strategy.

Nuclear weapons are the most deadly and destructive weapons ever built. Yet, nuclear policy decisions are limited to exclusive spaces that permit only the most privileged to have a seat at the table.

The United States spends more than $50 billion each year to maintain its nuclear arsenal in the name of "security." That spending does nothing to solve issues that threaten real human security every day, including racial injustice, economic insecurity, gun violence, police violence, the ongoing threat of pandemics, the global climate crisis, and so much more.

And without them odds are we likely would have had world war three by now.

Hey it's how I win in Total War Warhammer and in Command and Conquer. A foolproof strategy.

It's the only strategy in those games, to be honest.
Also, backstabbing allies after signing peace treaties is always fun.

I thought it was "Republicans bad" you dsiagreeed with. Now you're claiming you have no "proof"? What is this, mathematics class? Let's look at what you think isn't well-known by everyone here:

Those stand as common sense, in the news for a decade, being obvious positions of the Republican party.
Next thing you'll be claiming is that Republicans are advocates for gun control legislation ROFL.

You know you're in the wrong here, that's why you're in such an absurd position.

No....you posted liberal talking points and nothing else.

I agree with @Gatsby here. Maybe 500 would be sufficient to deter all other nuclear powers. We don't need thousands.

You're talking about something that will never happen until there is a defense/offense weapon system that effectively replaces nuclear to then contend with that. The reason for so many warheads is that so many will be ineffective. Off target, fail to work, etc. It is certainly worth doing our best to mutually reduce warheads as low as possible. Dynamite and the atomic bomb were supposed to be so devastating as to stop wars. A more devastating weapon by x multiplier won't necessarily stop anything, like stop Russia from taking over Ukraine.

Back
Top Bottom