• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Nuclear Bombs Are Fun! Do you think?

What do you think of nuking countries

• Yes! Nuke em! Its nice, quick, clean and gets things done

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • No! Don't nuke em! It destroys the enviorment and kills too many innocents

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Maybe nuke em only as a last resort

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Duke said:
In WWII, we had a grand total of 3 nuclear weapons, and they were not nearly as powerful as the ones we have now. If we completly nuked the Middle East, the world, even the parts that were not nuked, would be sustain irreparable damage.

Duke

Nope. Thats why you centralize the ordinance. If you strike in central areas then any harful gases will dessipate into the atmosphere far before it outreaches into other surrounding countries. We have ordinance so powerful 1 will completely wipe a country the size of syria off the face of the map. That was in the yeaar 1990 so god knows what we have now.

You've gotta look at the political repercussions too. What would the rest of the world do if we used a nuke? We've been negotiating with countries to disarm for years. It would be seen as justification for countries like North Korea & Iran to expand their nuclear arsenals/use nukes themselves. It would basicly reverse any non-proliferation work thats been done, and with other countries expanding their arsenals it would be reason to expand ours, starting another arms race.

3wc_dean said:
You've gotta look at the political repercussions too. What would the rest of the world do if we used a nuke? We've been negotiating with countries to disarm for years. It would be seen as justification for countries like North Korea & Iran to expand their nuclear arsenals/use nukes themselves. It would basicly reverse any non-proliferation work thats been done, and with other countries expanding their arsenals it would be reason to expand ours, starting another arms race.

Well to tell you the truth. If this happened every country would go bankrupt. They dont have the means or the ability to industrialize themselves with such means.

Also you have to look at the way they will look at it. Nkorea for example. "Well we have one nuke that can reach a thousand miles but the US has god knows how many that can reach anywhere." It doesnt take a genius to figure out they wont even try it. No country in this world with the exception of mabe GB has the means to strike decisively and deligently against us. IN the cold war Russia was the only country that could do this. But now they cant because of their political unrests that have occurred for quite sometime now which has caused their military strewngth to really decrease. Our most threat would be GB. Then China but even then China would have a grave problem in that they are restricted to their land becasue they have no navy and very minescule air force.

SKILMATIC said:
Well to tell you the truth. If this happened every country would go bankrupt. They dont have the means or the ability to industrialize themselves with such means.

Also you have to look at the way they will look at it. Nkorea for example. "Well we have one nuke that can reach a thousand miles but the US has god knows how many that can reach anywhere." It doesnt take a genius to figure out they wont even try it. No country in this world with the exception of mabe GB has the means to strike decisively and deligently against us. IN the cold war Russia was the only country that could do this. But now they cant because of their political unrests that have occurred for quite sometime now which has caused their military strewngth to really decrease. Our most threat would be GB. Then China but even then China would have a grave problem in that they are restricted to their land becasue they have no navy and very minescule air force.

You do have a point about Nuclear Uniproliferation Theory (NUT) keeping us somewhat safe from another nuclear state (like NK) attacking us. I think though that a nuclear state like NK would be able to use it as an excuse to continue proliferating and break any agreements made in the 6 party talks. And it would create conditions making it more likely for a nuclear war between Iran/Israel or Pak/India or something.

Moreover, nuking the ME wouldn't solve the war on terror. If anything it would just make it worse. Terrorism has survived this long b/c its so organic and not tied to any particular state. It would just fuel the Anti-Americanism fire more. It wouldnt scare the terrorists or anything either, they know we can't kill them with something as large scale as nukes wo/ killing the rest of the world with them.

Ever hear of the Neutron bomb? It pretty much does little damage to buildings and infrastructure, but kills every living thing within a certain range. It uses fast neutrons, which can penetrate tanks, buildings, and even a lot of concrete, so the only survivors would be those who were very deep underground. But very little damage or residual radiation or nuclear contamination.
Good use would be if North Korea sends a million of their troops south, one or two neutron bombs would pretty much stop them.

Duke said:
Well, I don't think that nuclear weapons should ever have been invented, but its a little too late for that. So, I don't think that America should ever nuke anyone, ever. Even if the armies of (insert country here) are totally obliterating all of the USA. This is because if we use nukes, there is no hope left for anything. The word is over. Even if we are overrun, we can still fight back. If we use nukes, that is the end of the story.

Well, it's pretty much inevitable. We have them, therefore someday we'll use them.

Only as a last resort imo.

Moreover, nuking the ME wouldn't solve the war on terror

Yes it would. And dont even make me explain myself.

If anything it would just make it worse.

Mabe, but not here in the US thats for sure.

Terrorism has survived this long b/c its so organic and not tied to any particular state.

Your right and when we nuke it no organisms or organics will survive. So problem solved.

It would just fuel the Anti-Americanism fire more.

Good, and now they cant do a dam thing about it casue after the nuke they wont even have a pot to pea in cause it dissenegrated from the 10000degree blast. They will have the nerve to terrorize but wont have the means to get to the US.

It wouldnt scare the terrorists or anything either,

Well neither does sticking them in planes and run them into buildings. Or putting soldiers with M4A1's on the same ground they walk. They want to die killing as many of us as possible and they do it with a smile.

Ever hear of the Neutron bomb? It pretty much does little damage to buildings and infrastructure, but kills every living thing within a certain range. It uses fast neutrons, which can penetrate tanks, buildings, and even a lot of concrete, so the only survivors would be those who were very deep underground. But very little damage or residual radiation or nuclear contamination.
Good use would be if North Korea sends a million of their troops south, one or two neutron bombs would pretty much stop them.

Yes but the mental cases would still get a hissy fit. Not to mention the fuss it would bring from the tree huggers. But I agree with that too.

Well, it's pretty much inevitable. We have them, therefore someday we'll use them.

Yep so why wait? I have always wanted to see a hydrogen bomb blast through the ME. :lol:

Only as a last resort imo.

Me too. But IMO it has already come down to the last resort.

If we nuked the Middle-East to protect ourselves from terrorism, theworld would descend into chaos. For one, I am assuming that we would not have the UNs approval, so we would be considered an enemy of the world. And everybody would hate us, the USA would become Hitleresque in the eyes of history.

Duke

I'm speechless.This poll is ridiculous.

Duke said:
If we nuked the Middle-East to protect ourselves from terrorism, theworld would descend into chaos. For one, I am assuming that we would not have the UNs approval, so we would be considered an enemy of the world. And everybody would hate us, the USA would become Hitleresque in the eyes of history.

Duke

Exactly, we'd never get the UNs approval, they didn't give us approval to invade Iraq, they wouldn't give us approval to nuke the whole region or any part of it.

SKILMATIC said:
Good, and now they cant do a dam thing about it casue after the nuke they wont even have a pot to pea in cause it dissenegrated from the 10000degree blast. They will have the nerve to terrorize but wont have the means to get to the US.

SKILMATIC

Even if it did end all terrorism, is it worth killing off everybody in the middle east? Even if you don't care about their lives and just look at it economically, nuking the region would destroy/irradite most of the world's oil supply. Smart.

On ending terrorism, it wouldn't. You're assuming all terroists are in the middle east. The vast majority of terrorist attacks on this country have originated domestically and were carried out by middle aged white guys. Nuking the ME isn't going to do anything except make the world hate us and label us as a genocidal hegemon.

Exactly, we'd never get the UNs approval, they didn't give us approval to invade Iraq, they wouldn't give us approval to nuke the whole region or any part of it.

Exactly, they would never give us approveal to save a million lives they would never give us approval to help starving people, they would never approve of us stoping genocides. Yeah we should always follow what the UN wants us to do for they are the moderators of the world. Get a freaking clue you numskulls.

Even if it did end all terrorism, is it worth killing off everybody in the middle east?

You did not just ask this question.

Even if you don't care about their lives and just look at it economically, nuking the region would destroy/irradite most of the world's oil supply

Good, we have the technology in other means. THis will also cause the tree huggers to go party cause it will in their eyes stop global warming. I see no real negative affect.

You're assuming all terroists are in the middle east

No I am not. I know thats where its craddle is. And therefore we take that out it ends all funding and 90% of the harboring of it. Dont even try to debate against me on this. I know very well who and what kinda people are over there. And I know exactly what the reprocutions are.

The vast majority of terrorist attacks on this country have originated domestically and were carried out by middle aged white guys.

Link to prove this incessant claim? :liar :bs

Nuking the ME isn't going to do anything except make the world hate us and label us as a genocidal hegemon.

:lol: We are already labeled this now so lets live up to the claim. What difference does it make? Wd are already seenas this so I could care less.

Duke said:

Duke
I haven't made a decision on this poll yet, but the argument here in non-valid...

Let's rearrange a couple words and see if the connotation will be the same...

If THE FUNDAMENTAL EXTREMISTS nuked the UNITED STATES to protect THEMSELVES from US, the world would descend into chaos. For one, I am assuming that THEY would not have the UNs approval, so THEY would be considered an enemy of the world. And everybody would hate THEM, THEY would become Hitleresque in the eyes of history.

9/11 didn't change the world's opinion...They still believe we're arrogant a-holes that brought this on ourselves...

What would a nuke do to change this way of thinking?...Nothing...It would be "You deserved it!" all over again...:roll:

I think I'd rather be seen as "Hitleresque" and alive than be considered a "victim" and dead...

Last edited:
cnredd said:
I haven't made a decision on this poll yet, but the argument here in non-valid...

Let's rearrange a couple words and see if the connotation will be the same...

If THE FUNDAMENTAL EXTREMISTS nuked the UNITED STATES to protect THEMSELVES from US, the world would descend into chaos. For one, I am assuming that THEY would not have the UNs approval, so THEY would be considered an enemy of the world. And everybody would hate THEM, THEY would become Hitleresque in the eyes of history.

9/11 didn't change the world's opinion...They still believe we're arrogant a-holes that brought this on ourselves...

What would a nuke do to change this way of thinking?...Nothing...It would be "You deserved it!" all over again...:roll:

I think I'd rather be seen as "Hitleresque" and alive than be considered a "victim" and dead...

If you consider what we were debating about earlier in the post, you would understand what I mean. I do not see what your changing of words in the post has to do with anything. Are you struggleing to say that we should nuke the Middle-East before someone nukes us?

Duke

Duke said:
If we nuked the Middle-East to protect ourselves from terrorism, theworld would descend into chaos.

I don't know about that one.

For one, I am assuming that we would not have the UNs approval, so we would be considered an enemy of the world. And everybody would hate us, the USA would become Hitleresque in the eyes of history.

So what? 1. I don't give a ****, it'snot like I'm going to live forever.2. Most of the world probably already despises us, so what difference does it make?

So what? 1. I don't give a ****, it'snot like I'm going to live forever.2. Most of the world probably already despises us, so what difference does it make?

I was actually goingto say the same thing. Very logical.

A man once said, "Every man dies, but not every man really lives"

kal-el said:
I don't know about that one.

So what's your point?

Duke

FinnMacCool said:
So what do you think about bombing countries with nukes? Is it an efficent way to solve problems despite moral repruccusions?
You have nukes so I guess you qualify to be nuked also.

robin said:
You have nukes so I guess you qualify to be nuked also.

This will never happen for no one can penetrate this country in a all out nuclear attack on the US. The opponents country will be ruble for before they even think about where they shall launch. If we want a country extradited and non existant from the earth it can be done very easily. And we will just simply :yawn: .

Any questions?

SKILMATIC said:
This will never happen for no one can penetrate this country in a all out nuclear attack on the US. The opponents country will be ruble for before they even think about where they shall launch. If we want a country extradited and non existant from the earth it can be done very easily. And we will just simply :yawn: .

Any questions?
Why yuze talking mighty tough ain't ya boy ?
Ah owlweez luvved them Jaan Wayne movies :lol:

Last edited:
Why uze talking mighty tough ain't ya boy.
Ah owlweez luvved them Jaan Wayne movies

Well considering back in the revolutionary war where we were literaly a laughing stock to the Britts we were still able to beat a country that was far more pwerful, far much richer, far more organized, and far more industrialized. I think the odds are in our favor. I pitty the country that has the balls to actually declare war on us. You guys were full of pride and underestimation. We are just sure of ourselves.

SKILMATIC said:
Well considering back in the revolutionary war where we were literaly a laughing stock to the Britts we were still able to beat a country that was far more pwerful, far much richer, far more organized, and far more industrialized. I think the odds are in our favor. I pitty the country that has the balls to actually declare war on us. You guys were full of pride and underestimation. We are just sure of ourselves.
I won't mention New Orleans & organisation.
As for 'the richest'..... for how long ?

The American Dollar, R. I. P.
Saudi Arabia, immediately after the death of King Fahd, announced that it was going to repatriate $360 billion invested overseas in the last 18 months. Of course, the majority of this was invested in the United States, and Saudi Arabia can't possibly absorb all that money, so this is a polite way of saying that they will invest their oil revenues in countries other than the United States. Thus quietly ends the scheme that Saudi oil surpluses would be invested in the United States. This has worked exceptionally well for the Americans, and the thanks the Saudis got for it was to be constantly blamed for financing terrorism, financing which started at the insistence of the United States! The replacement of Prince Bandar - a man perceived as very close to American interests, particularly the Bush crime family itself - as Saudi ambassador to the United States almost certainly also signals that the Saudis are tired of propping up the American economy and receiving only aggravation in return. The loss of the very close friendship of the Saudis is another gift the Americans have received from the Zionists in the Bush Administration. Sometimes it helps to know who your real friends are.

The American Dollar, R. I. P.
Everybody has started to pick on the poor Americans:

South Korea, which holds the fourth largest currency reserves in the world, traditionally held in American debt instruments, announced in the spring that it was going to diversify into other currencies.
http://money.cnn.com/2005/02/22/markets/bondcenter/bonds/

Russia now calculates the value of the ruble in terms of a basket including the American Dollar and the Euro, with the Euro weighting in the basket gradually increasing. It is also considering denominating the value of its oil in Euros rather than Dollars.
http://english.pravda.ru/main/18/88/351/14927_euro.html

China has announced that the value of its currency will be determined by a basket of currencies, instead of being fixed against the American Dollar. The relative weightings of currencies in the basket is a secret, which will allow the Chinese to quietly divest themselves of American holdings without triggering a panic that would suddenly reduce the value of these holdings. The American political opposition of the Chinese acquisition of Unocal is going to turn out to be a very dumb move.
http://www2.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-08/11/content_467988.htm

With the new Chinese approach to valuing its currency, other Asian countries are likely to begin valuing their currencies against the Chinese currency, rather than against the increasingly pressured American dollar.
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/DD4E54C1-FF0E-4DA7-B5C3-4363A933EC73.htm

The Iranian oil bourse, a new international market for oil in which the oil will be priced in Euros rather than Dollars, is slated to open next spring.
http://usa.mediamonitors.net/content/view/full/17450

Saudi Arabia, immediately after the death of King Fahd, announced that it was going to repatriate $360 billion invested overseas in the last 18 months. Of course, the majority of this was invested in the United States, and Saudi Arabia can't possibly absorb all that money, so this is a polite way of saying that they will invest their oil revenues in countries other than the United States. Thus quietly ends the scheme that Saudi oil surpluses would be invested in the United States. This has worked exceptionally well for the Americans, and the thanks the Saudis got for it was to be constantly blamed for financing terrorism, financing which started at the insistence of the United States! The replacement of Prince Bandar - a man perceived as very close to American interests, particularly the Bush crime family itself - as Saudi ambassador to the United States almost certainly also signals that the Saudis are tired of propping up the American economy and receiving only aggravation in return. The loss of the very close friendship of the Saudis is another gift the Americans have received from the Zionists in the Bush Administration. Sometimes it helps to know who your real friends are.
http://interestalert.com/brand/site...ller&Fid=WORLDNEW&Type=News&Filter=World News

In the last six months, Americans are starting to get a taste of what the rest of the world thinks of the policies that came out of the last two crooked American Presidential election results. These are a series of irreversible attacks against the hegemony of the American Dollar. Putting up with dumb politicians has a price.

http://xymphora.blogspot.com/2005/08/american-dollar-r-i-p.html

Petrodollar Warfare: Dollars, Euros and the Upcoming Iranian Oil Bourse by William R. Clark

(Friday August 05 2005) who is linked by Xymphora (on the forthcoming Iranian oil bourse)Clark was of course the originator (publicly) of the belief that the invasion of Iraq was launched essentially to snuff out the potential for crude oil sales in Euros which Saddam Hussein introduced just about the time Dubya was being sworn in after having being elected by the Supremes…. To maintain dollar hegemony, the US Trade deficit and the lifestyle of the West.

www.counterpunch.org/teague02262003.html

Central banks seek to calm dollar fears
By Anna Fifield and Song Jung-a in Seoul, David Pilling in Tokyo and Kathrin Hille in Taipei Financial Times Published: February 23 2005

It is a popular fallacy that the international FOREX market is as “free” as any market possibly could be. This article made clear that it was the heads of the major central bankers who basically operate a cartel in collusion with the Fed.

No Longer the “Lone” Superpower: Coming to Terms with China
By Chalmers Johnson March 2005
http://www.sandersresearch.com/Sanders/NewsManager/ShowNewsGen.aspx?NewsID=877

http://www.jpri.org/publications/workingpapers/wp105.html

3wc_dean said:
Even if you don't care about their lives and just look at it economically, nuking the region would destroy/irradite most of the world's oil supply. Smart.

Don't be silly. Go out and learn something about radiation and about oil.

1) Oil is usually found under thousands of feet of rock, or on politicians. No one wants oily politicians, and thousands of feet of rock make an excellent radiation barrier.

2) There's a trillion barrels of hydrocarbons in Colorado shale, and the means to develop it ecomically has been developed (Oil-Tech has a prototype process that costs less than $20/bbl to extract). Let Saudi Arabia burn and the US can make money supply energy to the rest of the world.

SKILMATIC said:
Duke, has that boarding school of yours taught you anything?

Why, yes, as a matter of a fact, it has. I was wondering what Ka-el was implying by that statment exactly.

Duke

Back
Top Bottom