• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Now What !!

Tashah said:
PeacefulMuslim,
Since you keep reminding us that Islam is a peaceful and respectful religion, I am curious as to how you explain this:

{Bold emphasis added}

-----
KABUL, AFGHANISTAN-March 26, 2006
Copyright 2006 by the Associated Press

Muslim leaders predict big protests against Afghanistan, following a court's decision to free a Muslim man who converted to Christianity.

Muslim clerics had wanted Abdul Rahman put to death. But the case against him has been dismissed for lack of evidence. A Sunni leader says there will be big protests. He says Afghanistan is "shamed" in the eyes of other Muslim countries.

Rahman is to be released from prison. A Western diplomat says it's uncertain whether Rahman will stay in Afghanistan or leave the country. Muslim clerics have threatened to incite Afghans to kill Rahman if he is freed.

-----

Sharia 'law' didn't save Abdul Rahman. Only the direct intervention of Afghan President Hamid Karzai, Pope Benedict, and the governments of Western nations saved this innocent man from being beheaded. Muslim clerics sought the death penalty and now threaten huge protests because this man converted from Islam to Christianity.

Islam is respectful of people's opinions and beliefs? What I see here is medieval intolerance and supposed 'Muslim holy men' inciting mayhem and murder. How do you explain this violent and sadistic Islamic behavior to non-Muslims PeacefulMuslim? I remain curious.

Ha! Saying Muslim clerics represent Islam perfectly is like saying a child molesting Catholic priest represents Catholocism perfecly.

Sir_Alec said:
Ha! Saying Muslim clerics represent Islam perfectly is like saying a child molesting Catholic priest represents Catholocism perfecly.

You fail to see the difference. A child molesting priest does not have the backing of millions of Christian Radicals who support this or go out and adhere to the example and begin a crusade of molestation. Mullahs in the Middle East have the attention of millions of Radicals who hang on every word and adhere to the teachings of such perversion. It's the difference between a civilization raised with diverse cultures and tolerations versus a civilization raised in oppression and under the rule of a single dogmatic brutal religion. The Radicals in Afghanistan will protest and riot on the single whim of one Mullah.

Stop being obtuse. The "political correctness" is sickening.

Sir_Alec said:
Well put Gunny. I also cannot recall when a molester priest addressed his Sunday flock from the lectern and exhorted them to go forth and molest children. Your exculpatory analogy is a bit lame Sir_Alec.

Originally posted by GySgt:
You fail to see the difference. A child molesting priest does not have the backing of millions of Christian Radicals who support this or go out and adhere to the example and begin a crusade of molestation. Mullahs in the Middle East have the attention of millions of Radicals who hang on every word and adhere to the teachings of such perversion. It's the difference between a civilization raised with diverse cultures and tolerations versus a civilization raised in oppression and under the rule of a single dogmatic brutal religion. The Radicals in Afghanistan will protest and riot on the single whim of one Mullah.

Stop being obtuse. The "political correctness" is sickening.
Their no different than the immoral majority in this country. Jerry Falwell and his sick lot. The same American Christian Mullah's that voted for Bush and this bullshit war! Why don't you stop, dude!

Originally posted by teacher:
Whom I'm sure W. got on the horn with and told him the deal straight up. I'm sure you can imagine how that conversation went.
I'm pretty sure, you're not sure, about anything.

Quote Tashah: Well put Gunny. I also cannot recall when a molester priest addressed his Sunday flock from the lectern and exhorted them to go forth and molest children. Your exculpatory analogy is a bit lame Sir_Alec.

Mayhap, as exculpatory as your contention? Your arguments, so far and to such extents, are curved by soundbites, quotes and the readings of figures like Bernard Lewis and Golda Meir. Do your arguments also develop out from Joan Peters? or peevish and mendacious websites such as Masada2000.org, which, indeed, attract a broad audience of jubilant extremists?

Billo_Really said:
Their no different than the immoral majority in this country. Jerry Falwell and his sick lot. The same American Christian Mullah's that voted for Bush and this bullshit war! Why don't you stop, dude!

Umm...what? Mullahs that preach blowing people up are no different from Christians who voted for Bush? Shirley you must be joking.

Billo_Really said:

Simpleton,

How many of Jerry Falwell's lot has formed into organizations to execute acts of violence upon non-believers? How many of Jerry Fallwell's lot will blindly walk themselves into a crowded market and murder for "God?" Your quest to defend these zealots by depreciating their willingness to cause terror in order to compare them to "Jerry Fallwell's lot" is pathetic. Extremely laughable.

The individuals are different. The civilizations in which these individuals practice their religions are different. The religions are different. Your desperations continue to walk you down a path of embarrassment. When an Islamic Mullah speaks to the Radical masses, they riot in the street or strap bombs to their chests. When Christian preachers speak to the radical Christian masses they all agree that abortion is wrong. Big difference.

You see, this is why you continue to get dragged about the site. Your posts lack any sense of worth.

Kelzie said:
Umm...what? Mullahs that preach blowing people up are no different from Christians who voted for Bush? Shirley you must be joking.

No...he is not joking...and yes, call him "Shirley."

GySgt said:
Simpleton,

How many of Jerry Falwell's lot has formed into organizations to execute acts of violence upon non-believers? How many of Jerry Fallwell's lot will blindly walk themselves into a crowded market and murder for "God?" Your quest to defend these zealots by depreciating their willingness to cause terror in order to compare them to "Jerry Fallwell's lot" is pathetic. Extremely laughable.

The individuals are different. The civilizations in which these individuals practice their religions are different. The religions are different. Your desperations continue to walk you down a path of embarrassment. When an Islamic Mullah speaks to the Radical masses, they riot in the street or strap bombs to their chests. When Christian preachers speak to the radical Christian masses they all agree that abortion is wrong. Big difference.

You see, this is why you continue to get dragged about the site. Your posts lack any sense of worth.

Gunny....ahem. :naughty

Kelzie said:

This Excludes MG "Pat" Robertson, I expect.

Brigand said:

No. No one listens to him when he says Chavez should be assassinated. As opposed to the Mullahs.

Brigand said:

And what Christian fundamental terrorist group does he lead?

Kelzie said:
No. No one listens to him when he says Chavez should be assassinated. As opposed to the Mullahs.

Pat Robertson's ideas unfold across a wider area than just calling for death of Chavez and "taking the oil", and furthermore, to a larger reach than "No one".

Brigand said:
Pat Robertson's ideas unfold across a wider area than just calling for death of Chavez and "taking the oil", and furthermore, to a larger reach than "No one".

And? People can listen all the want. I would have no problem if Islamic extremists were just listening to the Mullahs. It's the fact that they carry out their suggestions that makes the Mullahs so dangerous. And last I checked Chavez was still alive, so....

Brigand said:

This is desperation. Again...what Christian fundamental terrorist group does he lead? This is where this type of obtuse arguments fall apart.

GySgt said:
And what Christian fundamental terrorist group does he lead?

Sorry, the point is influence. Compratively, Mullahs don't essentially lead any fundemtalist groups.

Brigand said:
Sorry, the point is influence. Compratively, Mullahs don't essentially lead any fundemtalist groups.

Exactly. And who do they influence? Again, I see no great Radical Christian movement formed into numerous organizations. I don't see where the "abortion clinic bomber" is cheered for by the Christian masses and preachers. I don't see where the perverted Christian cult, of whose members commit suicide at the site of Haley's Comet, is held on a pedestal. I do not see where a Christian zealot, who may commit a despicable crime in the name of "god," would go unchallenged by a legion of Christian preachers who would condemn that action.

You will always find an exception, but that is exactly what it is - an extreme exception. What you might find when you do locate that preacher who urges his congregation that "abortion clinic bombers" are standing up for god's children, you will only find a very small congregation. You will not find an entire region and you will not find an entire region of religious leaders remaining silent.

Last edited:
Kelzie said:
And? People can listen all the want. I would have no problem if Islamic extremists were just listening to the Mullahs. It's the fact that they carry out their suggestions that makes the Mullahs so dangerous. And last I checked Chavez was still alive, so....

The last I time checked the US administration said it knew precisely nothing about the military coup to overthrow Chavez, too.

Brigand said:
The last I time checked the US administration said it knew precisely nothing about the military coup to overthrow Chavez, too.

And this has what to do with Pat Robertson?

GySgt said:
Exactly. And who do they influence? Again, I see no great Radical Christian movement formed into numerous organizations. I don't see where the "abortion clinic bomber" is cheered for by the Christian masses and preachers. I don't see where the perverted Christian cult, of whose members commit suicide at the site of Haley's Comet, is held on a pedestal.

You will always find an exception, but that is exactly what it is - an extreme exception. What you might find when you do locate that preacher who urges his congregation that "abortion clinic bombers" are standing up for god's children, you will only find a very small congregation. You will not find an entire region.

Elements of Christian fundamentalists are one of the strongest components of "support for Israel" -- support in an unsusual sense, because they essentially want to see it destroyed in a cosmic battle at Armageddon, after which all the proper souls will ascend to heaven - I suggest, you seriously undertake the project about Christian fundamentalism in fulfilling the prophecy of Armageddon. Furthermore, they Support Israeli military power and expansionism, and help fund it and lobby for it; but they also support actions that are essentially harmful to most of its population as do Jewish fundamentalist groups, which is one of the most extreme religious fundamentalist societies in the world.

Brigand said:
Elements of Christian fundamentalists are one of the strongest components of "support for Israel" -- support in an unsusual sense, because they essentially want to see it destroyed in a cosmic battle at Armageddon, after which all the proper souls will ascend to heaven - I suggest, you seriously undertake the project about Christian fundamentalism in fulfilling the prophecy of Armageddon. Furthermore, they Support Israeli military power and expansionism, and help fund it and lobby for it; but they also support actions that are essentially harmful to most of its population as do Jewish fundamentalist groups, which is one of the most extreme religious fundamentalist societies in the world.

Oh, please. This is pure desperation and smacks of conspiracy theorem. The Book of Revelation speaks on the future and the "upcoming" armegeddon. Christians believe in this. Bin Laden and his ilk are also seeking to jump start armegeddon. I only see one side slaugheting and murdering for their "God."
I have not seen Israel, despite the justifications, roll out over Muslim lands on a conquest to conquer and convert.

Trying to twist anything to demean the enemies agenda is irresponsible at best.

Kelzie said:
And this has what to do with Pat Robertson?

Because, Pat Robertson remarks were supported.

Back
Top Bottom