• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Now we know the real reason many southerners aren't worried about Covid.

So the purpose of this thread is to mock Mississippians and people of faith.
If that’s all you’re taking away from this thread, then that’s on you. If you want to twist it into attacking you and people of faith in Mississippi, excuse me while I take a moment to laugh.

More so to mock an inept governor. For those that believe the blood of Jesus will protect them , yea pretty much. The problem is the moron of a governor has constituents that aren't Christian.
Not all people of faith are so reckless to put themselves and others at risk. I have a hard time understanding why @nota bene twisted your OP into an attack on “people of faith.” People of any faith can use their religion to excuse and enable bad behavior and decisions. If nota wants to protect the reputation of all faithful people, acting like they are all anti vaxxers isn’t the way to go. All Christians are not making the same decisions when it comes to Covid.

I recommend that the proud denizens of the glorious state of Mississippi join me in declaring that the only thing more noble than owning liberals in your lifetime is owning those Chinese communists in the afterlife.

Perhaps the real reason they aren't 'afraid' is that they aren't all a bunch of mindless leftist ******s. Perhaps they believe in the science and statistical facts regarding COVID...that 99.6% of the people that have contracted it survive it and that of the .4% that died from it, 94% of THOSE individuals were senior citizens, mostly in their 80s, and that of ALL the people that died from it they all had 4 co-morbid and already life threatening ailments. Or perhaps its because they aren't like the bunch of mindless leftist little sheep that dug holes and jumped in them on command, only going outside when their masters told them it was OK. perhaps they are smart enough to recognize the hypocrisy in the politicians bleating on about the importance of masks and social distancing while those same politicians laughed at them and said **** you to the pathetic leftist sheep and the rest of the world and only bothered with masks when the cameras were on.

I don't know....maybe there are a lot of reasons.
then tell them to stay the **** out of the hospitals then and let those that are truly sick get the help that they need. If they are not "******s" tell them to RiP in their trailer.

If that’s all you’re taking away from this thread, then that’s on you. If you want to twist it into attacking you and people of faith in Mississippi, excuse me while I take a moment to laugh.
I'm a pretty good reader, SheWolf, and I think that the use of large font, bold, and color signaled intent. But good for you that you're a more discerning reader and that you're so very easily amused.

YES!
we must point out the stupidity!
Because pointing out stupidity is
Not all people of faith are so reckless to put themselves and others at risk. I have a hard time understanding why @nota bene twisted your OP into an attack on “people of faith.” People of any faith can use their religion to excuse and enable bad behavior and decisions. If nota wants to protect the reputation of all faithful people, acting like they are all anti vaxxers isn’t the way to go. All Christians are not making the same decisions when it comes to Covid.
No twisting required.

So the purpose of this thread is to mock Mississippians and people of faith.
why is it perfectly OK to mock people of political difference and not religious? I mean, you CHOOSE both of those beliefs.
People are so god damn defensive when they get their religious feeling hurt.

never understood this

“I’m often asked by some of my friends on the other side of the aisle about Covid… and why does it seem like folks in Mississippi and maybe in the Mid-South are a little less scared, shall we say,” Reeves said. “When you believe in eternal life — when you believe that living on this earth is but a blip on the screen, then you don’t have to be so scared of things.”
Ah, yes. The religious right. What a wonderful group of folks. If they had their way, only women would be punished for adultery, and we'd have to sacrifice a live chicken every day.

why is it perfectly OK to mock people of political difference and not religious? I mean, you CHOOSE both of those beliefs.
People are so god damn defensive when they get their religious feeling hurt.

never understood this
I don't think it's "perfectly okay." I don't think mockery is helpful at all.

Ah, yes. The religious right. What a wonderful group of folks. If they had their way, only women would be punished for adultery, and we'd have to sacrifice a live chicken every day.
That made me laugh. Reminded me of the All in the Family episode where Archie is in the hospital and is attended by a black, female doctor. One of her answers was in part "we sacrifice a live chicken" IIRC.

That made me laugh. Reminded me of the All in the Family episode where Archie is in the hospital and is attended by a black, female doctor. One of her answers was in part "we sacrifice a live chicken" IIRC.
I don't remember it, but I did watch "All in the Family", so that's likely where I got the joke!

Perhaps the real reason they aren't 'afraid' is that they aren't all a bunch of mindless leftist ******s. Perhaps they believe in the science and statistical facts regarding COVID...that 99.6% of the people that have contracted it survive it and that of the .4% that died from it, 94% of THOSE individuals were senior citizens, mostly in their 80s, and that of ALL the people that died from it they all had 4 co-morbid and already life threatening ailments. Or perhaps its because they aren't like the bunch of mindless leftist little sheep that dug holes and jumped in them on command, only going outside when their masters told them it was OK. perhaps they are smart enough to recognize the hypocrisy in the politicians bleating on about the importance of masks and social distancing while those same politicians laughed at them and said **** you to the pathetic leftist sheep and the rest of the world and only bothered with masks when the cameras were on.

Well, there are those *excess deaths* occurring basically every month since the pandemic started. Maybe, per your view of stats they're unrelated to Covid. But they did happen.

Lots of sources.

I think you nailed the bulk of it.

Well, there are those *excess deaths* occurring basically every month since the pandemic started. Maybe, per your view of stats they're unrelated to Covid. But they did happen.

Lots of sources.
Yes, and incentives to report all deaths as a covid death when the person would have died from something else in short order.

When Covid is the straw that broke the camels back, then the reported cause should be what the person was most burdened with. Not covod.

Funny how vaccine deaths were reported as wht the person was most burdened with instead of the vaccine. If the vaccine had been given the same reporting parameters, more people would be leery of it.

I don't think it's "perfectly okay." I don't think mockery is helpful at all.
mockery conforms people to live in a civilized society. We dont want any nefarious idiots to ruin what we have going.

mockery conforms people to live in a civilized society. We dont want any nefarious idiots to ruin what we have going.
But one person's idea of what society needs to conform to is sometimes disgusting to another.

Mockery is bullying, and often bigotry as well.

now, now, now, wasnt that in the Bible part I? Come on man, we are following part II now. They say part III will be a hoot! Cant wait for it.

Get with the program, man!

But one person's idea of what society needs to conform to is sometimes disgusting to another.

Mockery is bullying, and often bigotry as well.
These people are choosing to harm society, and us. It's not even just about them dying.
They are spreading the virus more. They are overcrowding our hospitals, using up our expensive and limited therapies, they are attacking our health care workers with anti-vaxx conspiracy theory bullshit and making healthcare workers want to exit the profession. They are literally making the world a worse place for themselves , their community, and most of all their own families.
They choose to blast all this on Facebook.
They reap what they sow in this regard.

Their version of society is absurd and will be treated as such.

Back
Top Bottom