• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Now we know the real reason many southerners aren't worried about Covid.

Hari Seldon

Stable Genius
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Strange how in one breath they can say something like that, but in the very next they will resume cursing those terrible atheist Chinese for sending us this plague.

Until they're on their deathbed, of course.

That's the thing with religious beliefs. The louder someone screams about theirs, the less they're likely to live by them. Think 'eternal life' is a magic shield for getting people killed with the same stupid COVID disinfo that killed you, possibly living children parentless?

Don’t be silly!

“Deaths are a lagging indicator.”
Until it’s you they intubate!

Jake Tapper notes that Mississippi has the worst Covid death rate of any state, then tells Gov. Tate Reeves, "your way is failing." Reeves doesn't really take issue with that characterization.
Like yeah, so we're killing our population. We have god though...see? Eternal life after this...we don't need to fear and therefore take proper precuations against dying of Covid, see? We welcome death!!

Like yeah, so we're killing our population. We have god though...see? Eternal life after this...we don't need to fear and therefore take proper precuations against dying of Covid, see? We welcome death!!
That does seem to be a way of thinning the ultra religious in the usa.

Was it the TX Lt Governor that said that grandma and grandpa should take one for the team?

Bragging about eternal life one day....setting up a gofundme to cover funeral expenses the next. The rural American dream these days.

Two more Southerners who denied the validity of the pandemic and the family has now set up a GoFundMe page for their funeral expenses.Alabama Pickers, couple known for reselling and vaccine opposition, both dead of COVID
Dusty and Tristan Graham lived in Huntsville, where they would often post videos about various tips and tricks to reselling vintage items like clothes and home decor. They sold on eBay under the username, bama4348.

Dusty died Thursday, almost three weeks after his wife did, according to the GoFundMe page set up by one of their children.
One of the last videos the married couple posted on their now deleted YouTube channel was about how they wouldn’t get the vaccine.

“I’ve got my own passport. It’s called the ‘Bill of Rights,’” Dusty said in the video around the 41:30 mark. “I think this will be all behind us in a couple of years.”

“I’m often asked by some of my friends on the other side of the aisle about Covid… and why does it seem like folks in Mississippi and maybe in the Mid-South are a little less scared, shall we say,” Reeves said. “When you believe in eternal life — when you believe that living on this earth is but a blip on the screen, then you don’t have to be so scared of things.”
So the purpose of this thread is to mock Mississippians and people of faith.

I can only speak for myself but I took this thread as a way to show what a state should not be doing.
Listen to the Mississippi Republican, decide if his leadership is bat-shit-crazy or is appropriate.
He espouses something of a death-cult it seems...we don't care about this life, only the [fictional] after-life. Therefore they are OK to use bad policy that is getting people killed at higher numbers than the rest of the country.

It's dangerous...a word of caution. Let it educate you on what not to do. An example of bad behavior. To claim displaying political bad behavior is simply "mocking them", misses the point. And that would go for nearly every thread that's critical of the opposition.

Your state has the highest death rates due to Covid.
"We are fine with that".
But in the same breath he claims the vaccine mandate is "tyrannical" and claims "This should scare you as well.”

That's right folks. Dying a suffocating death in isolation = nothing to worry about.
Vaccine mandate intended to dramatically reduce that death toll? Fearful and tyrannical!!!

Let the viewers decide the value of showing Republican absurdity in the state of Mississippi.

“I’m often asked by some of my friends on the other side of the aisle about Covid… and why does it seem like folks in Mississippi and maybe in the Mid-South are a little less scared, shall we say,” Reeves said. “When you believe in eternal life — when you believe that living on this earth is but a blip on the screen, then you don’t have to be so scared of things.”
Many people believe in an afterlife but don’t don’t invite death so recklessly. I can understand this group acting differently if 1. they don’t like their lives very much or 2. they don’t understand how much danger they are really in.

Perhaps the real reason they aren't 'afraid' is that they aren't all a bunch of mindless leftist ******s. Perhaps they believe in the science and statistical facts regarding COVID...that 99.6% of the people that have contracted it survive it and that of the .4% that died from it, 94% of THOSE individuals were senior citizens, mostly in their 80s, and that of ALL the people that died from it they all had 4 co-morbid and already life threatening ailments. Or perhaps its because they aren't like the bunch of mindless leftist little sheep that dug holes and jumped in them on command, only going outside when their masters told them it was OK. perhaps they are smart enough to recognize the hypocrisy in the politicians bleating on about the importance of masks and social distancing while those same politicians laughed at them and said **** you to the pathetic leftist sheep and the rest of the world and only bothered with masks when the cameras were on.

I don't know....maybe there are a lot of reasons.

Perhaps the real reason they aren't 'afraid' is that they aren't all a bunch of mindless leftist ******s. Perhaps they believe in the science and statistical facts regarding COVID...that 99.6% of the people that have contracted it survive it and that of the .4% that died from it, 94% of THOSE individuals were senior citizens, mostly in their 80s, and that of ALL the people that died from it they all had 4 co-morbid and already life threatening ailments. Or perhaps its because they aren't like the bunch of mindless leftist little sheep that dug holes and jumped in them on command, only going outside when their masters told them it was OK. perhaps they are smart enough to recognize the hypocrisy in the politicians bleating on about the importance of masks and social distancing while those same politicians laughed at them and said **** you to the pathetic leftist sheep and the rest of the world and only bothered with masks when the cameras were on.

How many vaccines did you receive, while you were in the military?

More so to mock an inept governor. For those that believe the blood of Jesus will protect them , yea pretty much. The problem is the moron of a governor has constituents that aren't Christian.

Your stats are bullshit. You make shit just like that asshole of a governor. To the detriment of those that actually listen to you.

When 2022 rolls around, they're going to look out and say "whoops, maybe we shouldn't have killed off so much of our base!"

Your stats are bullshit. You make shit just like that asshole of a governor. To the detriment of those that actually listen to you.
Not according to the CDC. Your bleating like a wounded sheep doesnt change anything.

Back
Top Bottom