• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Now it's poppy burning in our multi-faith, Multi Culti mix.....

By certain people I'm glad to be considered a radical.

On the modern liberal-left, you appear to be considered as having valuable life experience if you are or were a radical. Especially if you were once in the Communist Party before becoming a leading left wing politician to serve in the British Cabinet!

Why not? They are religious with conservative values hence they are right wing.. so they are radical right wing religious types and yes they should be denounced for their arrogance and brain washing. But that goes for any religious right wing wackos, or non religious left wing wackos with radical destructive ideas.

It seems you might have finally seen the light here, Peu. You'll condemn the burka them and the treatment of women and Gays in Muslim run countries. You'll confront any Muslim who dares to threaten a member of any democracy, support the war on terror, and will stride through the Islamic "no go" areas, protest sign in hand, to prove your point.

Please let me know how that works out.

It seems you might have finally seen the light here, Peu. You'll condemn the burka them and the treatment of women and Gays in Muslim run countries. You'll confront any Muslim who dares to threaten a member of any democracy, support the war on terror, and will stride through the Islamic "no go" areas, protest sign in hand, to prove your point.

Please let me know how that works out.

Done it many times. I am not afraid of Muslims and their political view. I just dont make it a meal out it and not take into consideration why they are think the way they are. And I do support the war on terror, but not the methods and going into Iraq. In fact I have been living in countries fighting terror long before you and your Yankee friends knew what it was.

And you cant paint every muslim with the same brush, just as you cant paint every Christian with the same brush. There are radicals in both religions.. when will you start to condemn Christian paedophile cults and witch burning in Nigeria or the anti-gay evangelicals that want it to be a capital crime?

Done it many times. I am not afraid of Muslims and their political view. I just dont make it a meal out it and not take into consideration why they are think the way they are. And I do support the war on terror, but not the methods and going into Iraq. In fact I have been living in countries fighting terror long before you and your Yankee friends knew what it was.

Are you aware of the political views of many right wing Muslims? As you are also right wing you really should make yourself aware. Why do they think the way they do? And i'm sure you are quite the terrorist fighter, by the way.

And you cant paint every muslim with the same brush

You mean "not all Muslims are terrorists"? Yes, i think I have heard that some place before. Anyway, kudos to you for remembering it.
just as you cant paint every Christian with the same brush.

Really? Another insight!

There are radicals in both religions..

And all equally dangerous, I'm sure.. It must be terrible living under the threat of Christianity.
when will you start to condemn Christian paedophile cults and witch burning in Nigeria or the anti-gay evangelicals that want it to be a capital crime?

Well I never started condemning it because it wasn't under discussion, But sure, I'll condemn it right here and now! I hereby condemn it! Better?

I don't think Grant ever spoke about 'every' muslim but he's probably not the only 'yankee' Canadian on this forum.

The complaints of Muslims in the West are laughable. They should consider themselves lucky they aren't Muslim Uighurs living in Chinese Xinjiang. The Chinese would make short work of their complaints.

Pete? His Left!

He certanly seemed left to me, especially with his complaints about Americans and Christians, a usually sure sign. But it seems the spirit has moved him to the right.

Of course, for people like Peu, there is no middle..

The complaints of Muslims in the West are laughable. They should consider themselves lucky they aren't Muslim Uighurs living in Chinese Xinjiang. The Chinese would make short work of their complaints.

Ah, that's ok then.

People in the US have the right to assemble, and to peaceful protest. Freedom of speech means that they are allowed to write angry words of any design on their protest signs. These are fundamental rights of Americans.

The fundamentalist Muslims are not the only group that writes slogans on their signs that I don't like. There are many such groups. Still it's their right to do so.

Funny how, when a muslim does something that we don't like, they immediately speak for their entire religion and everyone in it is evil...

But if a christain were to do something like... hmm I dunno...

fred_phelps.bmp

They're not true christains and get a pass.

If some people on this board aren't willing to see the difference between someone who has subverted their own faith and uses it as a means to violence, and a peaceful, law abiding citizen who calls God Allah, then why should they see the difference between a white Christain racist and a regular white person. I dunno.

Freedom of speech means that they are allowed to write angry words of any design on their protest signs. These are fundamental rights of Americans.

And in Britain too, though you're not allowed to protest the protest....

timothy-allen_massacre-insult-islam.jpg

The Pope must die, says Muslim | News

Comment: Rod Liddle: Ha ha! You can’t insult Islam but I can -Times Online

....see the difference between someone who has subverted their own faith...

That's the point, Islam has not been subverted. That's how it really is and why the USSR of Islam, Saudi Arabia, still has its schools on British soil exposed on television.

Though for my part I never denied a majority of Muslims aren't ordinary people. Human nature sees to that.

Christianity's a different kettle of fish, as we explored before. And when you start to also see outrage after atrocity after countless subversion take place across the globe on Christianity's behalf, then there'll probably be some so-called 'Christophobia' there too.

That's
more like it:

6a00d8341c60bf53ef0120a6754d0f970c-600wi

Though whose polygamy are they campaigning about...?

BBC News - Malawi move to ban polygamy angers Muslims

French Muslim in polygamy row hits out at threat to revoke citizenship | World news | The Guardian

Muslim husbands with more than one wife to get extra benefits as ministers recognise polygamy | News , etc.

Might have guessed. Anything to say Obama?

Last edited:
And in Britain too, though you're not allowed to protest the protest....

timothy-allen_massacre-insult-islam.jpg

The Pope must die, says Muslim | News

Comment: Rod Liddle: Ha ha! You can’t insult Islam but I can -Times Online

That's the point, Islam has not been subverted. That's how it really is and why the USSR of Islam, Saudi Arabia, still has its schools on British soil exposed on television.

Though for my part I never denied a majority of Muslims aren't ordinary people. Human nature sees to that.

Christianity's a different kettle of fish, as we explored before. And when you start to also see outrage after atrocity after countless subversion take place across the globe on Christianity's behalf, then there'll probably be some so-called 'Christophobia' there too.

That's
more like it:

6a00d8341c60bf53ef0120a6754d0f970c-600wi

Though whose polygamy are they campaigning about...?

BBC News - Malawi move to ban polygamy angers Muslims

French Muslim in polygamy row hits out at threat to revoke citizenship | World news | The Guardian

Muslim husbands with more than one wife to get extra benefits as ministers recognise polygamy | News , etc.

Might have guessed. Anything to say Obama?

HAH to you!

I have a youtube video that will put this to rest forever.

That's right!

Funny how, when a muslim does something that we don't like, they immediately speak for their entire religion and everyone in it is evil...

But if a christain were to do something like... hmm I dunno...

fred_phelps.bmp

They're not true christains and get a pass.

If some people on this board aren't willing to see the difference between someone who has subverted their own faith and uses it as a means to violence, and a peaceful, law abiding citizen who calls God Allah, then why should they see the difference between a white Christain racist and a regular white person. I dunno.

They get a pass???

These idiots have been condemned by everyone, as well they should, from Left, Right, center and every Christian community..

Honesty is not going do you any harm! Try it some time.

They get a pass???

These idiots have been condemned by everyone, as well yet should, from Left, Right, center and every Christian community..

Honesty is not going do you any harm! Try it some time.

I mean a pass as in, they don't speak for the entire christain community... but the actions of a muslims speak for every single one of them.

That's inbalance.

These "Christians" have been active in one small area while Muslims have been murdering innocent people all over the world for a few decades now. And you can thank a Muslim every time you get a cavity search whenever you pass through airport security.

There are many groups carrying signs posting one objectionable thing or another but only Muslims are threatening to murder innocent people, and in fact thats just what they do.

Why you want to minimize Islamic terrorism is anyone's guess but I suspect denial, and perhaps some cowardice, would figure in somewhere.

I mean a pass as in, they don't speak for the entire christain community... but the actions of a muslims speak for every single one of them.

That's inbalance.

You point out pleaase, where anyone has said "the actions of a muslims speak for every single one of them".

This is clearly untrue. Why would you lie?

Why you want to minimize Islamic terrorism is anyone's guess but I suspect denial, and perhaps some cowardice, would figure in somewhere.

I would think he is probably motivated by the desire to not malign people unfairly.

It's always a sticky issue drawing comparisons, though, because as you pointed out, both the prvalence and the magnitude of what is being considered here differs greatly. As far as prevalence is concerned, a true comparison would be to show what percentage of Muslims believe in something vrs the percentage of Christians. As far as magnitude, the true comparison would involve the degree to which Christians or Muslims go towards establishing their beliefs.

My opinions on the subject are based upon reading many, many opinion polls that show peple's actual beliefs. Pew research has published many of these. Attitudes towards freedom of speech, Jewish people, the role of women in society, the separation of church/mosque and state, tolerance towards homosexuality, and any of a number of issues differs greatly depending upon who is being polled, the religion to whichthey ascribe and the region in which they live. As far a I'm concerned, glossing over these differences is just as misguided as magnifying them unduly. Knowing what people actually believe and paying attention to the extent to which they will go towards implementing such is the real key to understanding.

-- And you can thank a Muslim every time you get a cavity search whenever you pass through airport security--

If you're saying everyone gets a cavity search when going through airport security then you're being blatantly dishonest. If you're saying cavity searches only came along because of muslims then you're being blatantly dishonest.

"Why you want to continue to troll this forum with blatant untruths is anyone's guess but I suspect denial, and perhaps some cowardice, would figure in somewhere." Fixed it for you.

If you're saying everyone gets a cavity search when going through airport security then you're being blatantly dishonest. If you're saying cavity searches only came along because of muslims then you're being blatantly dishonest.

"Why you want to continue to troll this forum with blatant untruths is anyone's guess but I suspect denial, and perhaps some cowardice, would figure in somewhere." Fixed it for you.

How is it dishonest to point out that the measures airports are taking to try to ensure safety against the threats of Islamist terrorism are a resut of Muslims? Not all Muslims are terrorists, of course, nor do a majority of Muslims support terrorism other than those in certain areas, but it's not as if we are protecting ourselves from a threat arising from Bolivian Catholics, Japanese Shintoists or Israeli Jews.

IF?? If I'm saying that everyone gets a cavity search?

Why not read what i wrote, using the quote process, rather than guessing? Is that too much of a challenge?

Back
Top Bottom