• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Now it's poppy burning in our multi-faith, Multi Culti mix.....

How is it dishonest to point out that the measures airports are taking to try to ensure safety against the threats of Islamist terrorism are a resut of Muslims? Not all Muslims are terrorists, of course, nor do a majority of Muslims support terrorism other than those in certain areas, but it's not as if we are protecting ourselves from a threat arising from Bolivian Catholics, Japanese Shintoists or Israeli Jews.

It seems that stating the bloody obvious has become too much of an insult to the outrageously self sensitive boors who inhabit many discussion boards, as well as much of the media. The truth now takes second place to religious sensitivity and ideology, unless , of course, that religion is Christianity.

IF?? If I'm saying that everyone gets a cavity search?

Why not read what i wrote, using the quote process, rather than guessing? Is that too much of a challenge?

I read what you wrote - "And you can thank a Muslim every time you get a cavity search whenever you pass through airport security."

Please explain exactly what you mean then in your reference to thanking muslims for getting a cavity search.

How is it dishonest to point out that the measures airports are taking to try to ensure safety against the threats of Islamist terrorism are a resut of Muslims? --

You're qualifying his statement for him.

I read what you wrote - "And you can thank a Muslim every time you get a cavity search whenever you pass through airport security."

Please explain exactly what you mean then in your reference to thanking muslims for getting a cavity search.

I now have to parse a sentence for you! Can see where I said "every time you get a cavity search"? This "you" was in reference to the poster, not everyone who goes through airport security. Have people really become that thick?

You're qualifying his statement for him.

So what? If you don't get it someone will have to explain it to you. You should thank him.

It seems that stating the bloody obvious has become too much of an insult to the outrageously self sensitive boors who inhabit many discussion boards, as well as much of the media. The truth now takes second place to religious sensitivity and ideology, unless , of course, that religion is Christianity.

I wonder what would happen in the liklihood the most conservative Christians started, say, bombing gay bars and bookstores, tried to kill as many gay people as possible, and dozens, if not hundreds of millions of other Christians held such similar views that they tacitly supported such actions? If extra security measures had to be undertaken to protect gay people, would he still be calling out for saying they were undertaken because of Christians?

The demands political correctness places on people can defy all logic at times, especially when some are politically correct targets (Christians and Jews), and some receive knee-jerk defense (Muslims).

I wonder what would happen in the liklihood the most conservative Christians started, say, bombing gay bars and bookstores, tried to kill as many gay people as possible, and dozens, if not hundreds of millions of other Christians held such similar views that they tacitly supported such actions? If extra security measures had to be undertaken to protect gay people, would he still be calling out for saying they were undertaken because of Christians?

The demands political correctness places on people can defy all logic at times, especially when some are politically correct targets (Christians and Jews), and some receive knee-jerk defense (Muslims).

"What oft was thought but ne're so well expressd"-

--I now have to parse a sentence for you! Can see where I said "every time you get a cavity search"? This "you" was in reference to the poster, not everyone who goes through airport security. Have people really become that thick?

Ad homs on top of being caught lying. Nice.

Ad homs on top of being caught lying. Nice.

I guess you don't get out of the house much. You really figure that everyone who travels by plane gets a cavity search, huh? Can't really put it into context when the statement was in reference to a fellow who doesn't appear to understand the difference between contemporary Christians and Muslims? The traveling public aint getting these shakedowns because of Christians, Dimbulb.

Not much to add to that.

I guess you don't get out of the house much. You really figure that everyone who travels by plane gets a cavity search, huh?

That's what I was asking you, why were you trying to paint a picture that cavity searches either happen routinely because of Muslims or that everyone gets a cavity search because of Muslims.

Gardener stepped in and gave you an out but you show below that you've made the same dishonest premise.

-- Can't really put it into context when the statement was in reference to a fellow who doesn't appear to understand the difference between contemporary Christians and Muslims? The traveling public aint getting these shakedowns because of Christians, Dimbulb.

Not much to add to that.

There we go again - you've again impled that cavity searches are because of muslims. Do you want to wait for your wingman to come and give you an out again?

That's what I was asking you, why were you trying to paint a picture that cavity searches either happen routinely because of Muslims or that everyone gets a cavity search because of Muslims.

Gardener stepped in and gave you an out but you show below that you've made the same dishonest premise.

There we go again - you've again impled that cavity searches are because of muslims. Do you want to wait for your wingman to come and give you an out again?

Use quotes or I'm really not interested in this silliness.

You use words like "If", "implied". "paint a picture". etc., letting your own juvenile imagination run free. I can only debate facts.

Lying, ad homs and you've moved on to pretending I didn't quote you. Twice.

The thread's dead now, only thing left is more ad homs from you.

That's a lie.

More untruths on top of everything else. Ah well, you always run true to form. Let's see how long you keep this up before the thread gets shut down or I fall asleep from boredom.

More untruths on top of everything else. Ah well, you always run true to form. Let's see how long you keep this up before the thread gets shut down or I fall asleep from boredom.

Oh, and now we have "on top of everything else"!

What a guy!

Back
Top Bottom