• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Now, Israel (worse than Hamas) has bombed *an Embassy* of Iran in Damascus

A top Iranian commander was killed. Th IDF refused comment, which is probably a good thing compared to lies. Their decades-long effort to provoke a war with Iran to drag the US into going to war with Iran continues.

What a shame. Anyway...

I've been paying attention to the history of Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps in Syria for the past decade and a half.

To summarize it: This is nothing new. Syria is where high-ranking Revolutionary Guards Corps officers go to die in Israeli airstrikes.
It's also nothing to cry about. An Iranian general died? Boo hoo. **** those people. Right in their collective ear holes.

then share your perspective
you cite iran's involvement with october 7 as being wrong
why do you refuse to cite the USA's involvement/supply of arms to assist the israeli effort to murder thousands of innocent civilian women and children who are Palestinian?

First, before I cite the US, I cite Bibi's "Let It Happen On Purpose."

And yes, the United States needs to increase pressure on Netanyahu to stop this now.
But in the end, the responsibility for letting security lapse enough to let HAMAS terrorists INTO Israel rests with Bibi, and we were simply fulfilling our role as an ally.
Had this not turned into raw genocide few would give it another thought...Israel must defend itself.

US interaction with Israel is not going to turn around in five seconds and unfortunately we will have to let negotiations and diplomacy run its course.
If the Israelis luck runs well and they can oust Bibi, I am sure we will see major changes.
But again, Bibi or not, it's going to take some time for our interactions with Israel to change.

You seem to love war, though. Why not support a full-blown invasion?

There's seriously nothing Netanyahu and the IDF can do to make you criticize them. You're a cheerleader and it's really boring. And I seriously wonder about the motives of single-issue posters...
You asked a question and I answered it.
If you were dishonest about the question and what kind of answer you desired and didn't get, then that's just your own dishonesty and I don't care for it.
One can ask you instead why are you a cheerleader for Iran and the Islamist ideology.

Really? No one is calling for that, but it's cheap propaganda to justify genocide. It's like how Hitler claimed they were the victims of the Jews to justify what he did. You HAVE what you say you want as you dodge the question - the West Bank is governed by the PA that serves Israel (Worse than Hamas), recognizes them, and what do they get for it? Ethnic cleansing and terrible oppression.
What do you think "from the river to the sea" means?

I would think a good first step would be to quit calling for the extermination of all Israel. Kind of creeps out the negotiation process, if that’s what they’re looking for.
So you missed Oslo then?

I would think a good first step would be to quit calling for the extermination of all Israel. Kind of creeps out the negotiation process, if that’s what they’re looking for.
Effectively no one is calling for the extermination of Israel (Worse than Hamas). *Hamas* is explicitly saying they are not for that, and even if they were, they are totally powerless to act on it. In contrast, Israel (worse than Hamas) is PURSUING and ABLE to 'exterminate' Palestine, if not killing them all, killing likely hundreds of thousands, threatening all of them, and getting rid of the rest.

You asked a question and I answered it.
If you were dishonest about the question and what kind of answer you desired and didn't get, then that's just your own dishonesty and I don't care for it.
One can ask you instead why are you a cheerleader for Iran and the Islamist ideology.

I am a cheerleader for democracy which is why I want the Iranians to overthrow their theocracy.

Everyone knows you cheerlead the IDF/Netanyahu regime. You didn't even deny it. Show me where I root for Islamist ideology.

Hamas works for Iran and Iran's goal is the destruction of Israel. Iran is in need of regime change to free the Iranian people and bring peace to the region.

Everyone knows you cheerlead the IDF/Netanyahu regime. You didn't even deny it. Show me where I root for Islamist ideology.

I think we're all critical of the Islamist government; but it's worth reminding each time that's mentioned, *why it's in power* - because of the US installing corrupt dictatorship for 25 years leading to revolution. Two interesting questions, are such a terrible dictatorship versus the Islamic tyranny; and why the poor Iranian people have only those options.

Hamas works for Iran and Iran's goal

No, they don't.
is the destruction of Israel.

No, it isn't. Thy wouldn't mind. It'd be much more accurate to say Israel (Worse than Hamas)'s goal is the destruction of Iran. But you think that's fine, right?

Iran is in need of regime change

Not as much as Israel (Worse than Hamas).

to free the Iranian people and bring peace to the region.

That peace is far more threatened by Israel (Worse than Hamas). As bad as the Iranian government is, they're not the ones committing genocide. They were the victms of the British befoe 1952, under a tyrant the US put over them in 1952, attacked with chemical weapons causing a million casualties by US ally Saddam under Reagan, a peace deal sabotaged by trump and Republicans, on and on. And THEY'RE the problem?

No, they don't.

No, it isn't. Thy wouldn't mind. It'd be much more accurate to say Israel (Worse than Hamas)'s goal is the destruction of Iran. But you think that's fine, right?

Not as much as Israel (Worse than Hamas).

That peace is far more threatened by Israel (Worse than Hamas). As bad as the Iranian government is, they're not the ones committing genocide. They were the victms of the British befoe 1952, under a tyrant the US put over them in 1952, attacked with chemical weapons causing a million casualties by US ally Saddam under Reagan, a peace deal sabotaged by trump and Republicans, on and on. And THEY'RE the problem?
Hamas works for Iran and Hamas attacked Israel civilians. Have a great day.

Hamas works for Iran

No, they don't. Israel (worse than Hamas0, who wants the US to go to war with Iran, likes to lie that they do.

and Hamas attacked Israel civilians. Have a great day.

Hamas launched an attack as self-defense with its two main purposes to attack the military and get hostages to trade for the hostages taken by Israel (worse than Hamas), which led to civilians being killed as 'collateral damage' as the IDF likes to say. Iran had basically nothing to do with it, though Israel (worse than Hamas) immediately lied that they did, much like Bush linked Saddam to 9/11..

No, they don't. Israel (worse than Hamas0, who wants the US to go to war with Iran, likes to lie that they do.

Hamas launched an attack as self-defense with its two main purposes to attack the military and get hostages to trade for the hostages taken by Israel (worse than Hamas), which led to civilians being killed as 'collateral damage' as the IDF likes to say. Iran had basically nothing to do with it, though Israel (worse than Hamas) immediately lied that they did, much like Bush linked Saddam to 9/11..
Israel is worse than Hamas. Unbelievable.

The fact you don't 'believe' a truth doesn't change it. You have nothing rational to make an argument for your position, show me otherwise.

Not even the guy he allegedly supports would ever go this low.
Hell, Bernie said he doesn't even support permanent ceasefire with Hamas.

I think we're all critical of the Islamist government; but it's worth reminding each time that's mentioned, *why it's in power* - because of the US installing corrupt dictatorship for 25 years leading to revolution. Two interesting questions, are such a terrible dictatorship versus the Islamic tyranny; and why the poor Iranian people have only those options.
Simple. They have no tradition of a civil society or of democracy. Even "democratic elections" such ash the ones that installed Mossadegh are more akin to mob rule.

Back
Top Bottom