• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Not all Musulims are TERRORIEST BUT ???

Re: Not all Musulims are TERRORIEST BUT ?

jds right said:
What bothers me most about Islamic Terrorists is the lack of widespread outrage among Muslims at the actions of these cowards. And that is exactly what terrorists are, cowards. They haven't the courage to put their beliefs forward in the free market of ideas, they resort to brutality against the defensless, and that is cowardice.

I constantly hear that Islam is a religon of peace, yet we see very little protest in the Muslim community to the actions of the terrorists.

Unfortunately peaceful Muslims are not allowed to be left in peace according to the Qur’an. Sorry.

Qur’an 47:33 “Believers, obey Allah, and obey the Messenger. Do not falter; become faint-hearted, or weak-kneed, crying for peace.”
Qur’an 2:216 “Jihad (holy fighting in Allah’s Cause) is ordained for you (Muslims), though you dislike it. But it is possible that you dislike a thing which is good for you, and like a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knows, and you know not.” [Another translation reads:] “Warfare is ordained for you.”

I have been studying this in an interest to understand this viewpoint better but in reading the koran I have come across very little peaceful notions. Rape, slavery, conquering, torture, and a fondness for making formerly whole people headless, handless, and/or footless are the prevalent directives.

Protest war and you get cast into the fire.
Qur’an 48:11 “The desert Arabs who lagged behind [in fighting] will say to you (Muhammad): ‘We were engaged in (looking after) our flocks and our families.’ We have prepared for them a Blazing Fire!”

Peaceful Muslims are better off laying low or the ones on their way to eternal paradise will "assist" the peaceful Muslims to the fire.

That sucks.

akyron said:
Unfortunately peaceful Muslims are not allowed to be left in peace according to the Qur’an. Sorry.

There is one or two verses in the Koran about peace, however these were statements made very early on in Muhammed's career as prophet; when he didn't have much power.

Later when he took over Medina, his 'revelations' became more belligerent; until he stated that war on the non-believers - in Mecca, was ordained from their god.

Those "repressive" Muslim regimes are our "allies?" They stay in power with our money, and by encouraging their citizens to vent their frustrations on the United States. ?

jds right said:
Those "repressive" Muslim regimes are our "allies?" They stay in power with our money, and by encouraging their citizens to vent their frustrations on the United States. ?

Some are, indeed. Turkey is supposed to be a model of 'secularism' in the Moslem world, and yet has engaged in genocides in 1919, 1922, etc. It invaded the soverign state of Cyprus in order to create a puppet Turkish state in the north (only Turkey recognises it as a legitimate nation).

The allies are indeed culpable. They are not doing it for religious reasons, generally.

Sadaam had killed his own people before he was an enemy of the USA (or to state it in a better way - while he was a US ally)

Montalban said:
Some are, indeed. Turkey is supposed to be a model of 'secularism' in the Moslem world, and yet has engaged in genocides in 1919, 1922, etc. It invaded the soverign state of Cyprus in order to create a puppet Turkish state in the north (only Turkey recognises it as a legitimate nation).

The allies are indeed culpable. They are not doing it for religious reasons, generally.

Sadaam had killed his own people before he was an enemy of the USA (or to state it in a better way - while he was a US ally)

Turkey decided to become secular when it had the chance to join the EU. Turkey has been trying to bend over backwards to get in, free press, secular government, trying to abolish capital punishment. Same is happening in Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia. Recently Ukraine and Georgia had revolutions to be able to join the EU.

It's like that story, a farmer had three lazy sons. When the farmer was on this death bed, he said that he had buried a fortune in vineyard. The sons dug up all of the vineyard but found no fortune, however all the hard would they did digging cultivated the vineyard and they grew rich anyway with all the wine they sold. So is the story of the EU.

GarzaUK said:
Turkey decided to become secular when it had the chance to join the EU. Turkey has been trying to bend over backwards to get in, free press, secular government, trying to abolish capital punishment. Same is happening in Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia. Recently Ukraine and Georgia had revolutions to be able to join the EU.

It's like that story, a farmer had three lazy sons. When the farmer was on this death bed, he said that he had buried a fortune in vineyard. The sons dug up all of the vineyard but found no fortune, however all the hard would they did digging cultivated the vineyard and they grew rich anyway with all the wine they sold. So is the story of the EU.

I don't think Bulgaria, and Romania have had extensive periods of attempting genocide.

How have Irish types attacked the U.S.?

I rest my case....

The Irish aren't innocent. Far from it. They have worked hard and diligently for years, perfecting and getting us addicted to their cursed Lucky Charms.

Last edited:

Libertarian said:
How have Irish types attacked the U.S.?

I rest my case....
Enya.... Riverdance....Guinness... Need I go on?
;)

Muslims who preach Jihad against the West decided years ago that killing Jewish or Christian civillians is not only acceptable, but pleasing to their god when done by "martyrs." Millions of Muslims find such atrocities inspiring. Millions more view such cruelty as just. Thousands of mullahs continue to preach anti-Western hatred--the brutal specificity of which would horrify even America’s leftists and protesters, if only they stopped apologizing to terrorists long enough to listen.

After centuries of self-destructive behavior, the Middle Eastern civilization is unable to compete in a single field of human endeavor relevant to progress. Instead, Middle East societies are racing backward into superstition, bigotry and a narcotic culture of blame. They have grown so impotent in every other regard-unable even to translate great wealth into minor power-that these Muslims rich and poor, educated and illiterate, are enraptured by their rare “triumphs” over the West, from 9/11 to the barbaric murder of "infidel westerners" doing the work that Arabs themselves are too slothful or incompetent to do. (Ralph Peters). One can’t say that, of course. Arab Muslims are allowed to spew anti-Western, anti-Christian, anti-Jewish, anti-Hindu, anti-everybody-else hate speech. That’s just their culture, you see. But it’s taboo for an American to suggest that the roots of terror may go a bit deeper than a few organized terrorists. The world community would rather blame America for their Middle Eastern self-inflicted problems then to face the reality of being less than politically correct.

The Middle East is broken — governmentally, socially, educationally and, despite its unevenly distributed oil wealth, economically. It has stagnated on every front that might allow it to compete. That stagnation bred the terrorism that plagues the world today. If Muslim religious leaders, so called "men of faith", around the world will not publicly condemn the murdering of American civillians and Iraqi civillians through despicable acts of terror, then no one need pretend any longer that all religions are equally sound and moral. The perversion of Islam in the Middle east is dominant over what used to be the peaceful Muslim faith.

Last edited:

Libertarian said:
Straw argument.....
Well, you can just claim straw argument, or you could answer the question. Your choice. One makes you a debater, the other doesn't.

GySgt said:
The Irish aren't innocent. Far from it. They have worked hard and diligently for years, perfecting and getting us addicted to their cursed Lucky Charms.

They are magically delicious.

They just came out with chocolate lucky charms..:)

re you saying that the Irish terrorism is ok because they only attacked England?

Because I said nothing of the sort, and that sentence is a total and complete creation of your account so you could challenge its premise, it meets the definition to a t of a straw argument.....

nice try.....

GySgt said:
The Middle East is broken — governmentally, socially, educationally and, despite its unevenly distributed oil wealth, economically. It has stagnated on every front that might allow it to compete. That stagnation bred the terrorism that plagues the world today. If Muslim religious leaders, so called "men of faith", around the world will not publicly condemn the murdering of American civillians and Iraqi civillians through despicable acts of terror, then no one need pretend any longer that all religions are equally sound and moral. The perversion of Islam in the Middle east is dominant over what used to be the peaceful Muslim faith.

Nice post.
One question. How was Islam perverted exactly?
I have taken to reading the translated version and there is lots of absolutes.

Fighting
Qur’an 9:5 “Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war.”
Qur’an 8:39 “Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah.”
Terrorism
Qur’an 8:12 “I shall terrorize the infidels. So wound their bodies and incapacitate them because they oppose Allah and His Apostle.”
Qur’an 8:57 “If you gain mastery over them in battle, inflict such a defeat as would terrorize them, so that they would learn a lesson and be warned.”
War
Qur’an 8:7 “Allah wished to confirm the truth by His words: ‘Wipe the infidels out to the last.’”
Qur’an 8:39 “So, fight them till all opposition ends and the only religion is Islam.”
Jihad
Qur’an 2:216 “Jihad (holy fighting in Allah’s Cause) is ordained for you (Muslims), though you dislike it. But it is possible that you dislike a thing which is good for you, and like a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knows, and you know not.” [Another translation reads:] “Warfare is ordained for you.”
Qur’an 4:95 “Not equal are those believers who sit at home and receive no injurious hurt, and those who strive hard, fighting Jihad in Allah’s Cause with their wealth and lives.
Martyrs
Qur’an 33:22 “The Believers said: ‘This is what Allah and his Messenger promised us.’ It added to their faith, obedience, and submission. Among the Believers are men who have been true to their covenant with Allah and have gone out for Jihad (holy fighting). Some have completed their vow to extreme (and have been martyred) fighting and dying in His Cause, and some are waiting, prepared for death in battle.”
Militant Muslims
Qur’an 8:72 “Those who accepted Islam and left their homes to fight in Allah’s Cause with their possessions and persons, and those who gave them shelter and aided them are your allies. You are only called to protect Muslims who fight.”
Ishaq:570 “The Messenger turned to Abu Sufyan, who stood fast fighting that day. He had become an excellent Muslim after embracing Islam.”
Peaceful Muslims
Qur’an 8:55 “Verily the worst of creatures, the vilest of beasts in the sight of Allah are those who reject Him and will not believe. They are those with whom you make an agreement, but they break their covenant every time, and they keep not their duty [to fight].”

It appears clear the "good" muslims are terrorists and the peaceful muslims are hypocrites destined to become prey of the faithful.

Harsh words for a "holy book", but I shy away from reciting quotes from the Koran. One could make an argument that some of the scriptures in the Bible condone a sense of barbarism too.
The perversion is the translation or interpretation and the application of it to justify oppression, terror, and bad behavior. Terrorist display their deeds behind a masque of religeon. If Christians were to start planting bombs where Muslim women and children commonly inhabit, and then claim that we did it in the name of God, the entire world would rise up in outrage against us. Of course this wouldn't be anything new, because it is world fashion to blame all of the worlds problems on the one nation that always rushes to fix it. When a Muslim does his deeds in the name of Allah, it is more or less globally excepted, because it is their culture. Why shouldn't they be held accountable for their bad behavior just like everyone else?

I do not believe that you have the authority or the intelligence to make that statement.

In English lessons at 15 I learned three simple things.

Point. Evidence. Analyse.

slim said:
I do not believe that you have the authority or the intelligence to make that statement.

I, teacher, the giant brain in charge, doth decree, Islam and France and Blackflagx's statement that in his system you can't start your own business, all suck.

Well, Slim, one day when you grow up, you will realize that there is more to the world than what you read in your little text books.

[
QUOTE=GySgt]Well, Slim, one day when you grow up, you will realize that there is more to the world than what you read in your little text books.
[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see, he's just a baby. I remember before my balls dropped and I started shaving.

Do not lecture me on the outside world.

As for the rules of point, evidence, analyse. They speak for themselves. If your'e going to make a point you should at least have evidence for it, it might actually be listened to.

A simple and isolated statement does not carry any weight.

teacher said:

Oh, I see, he's just a baby. I remember before my balls dropped and I started shaving.[/QUOTE]

Haha...ouch!

You can actually remember before your balls dropped. Oh dear!

Islam is the militant and the perverted form of Muslim. There is a difference. There are Muslims all over the world that do not subscribe to the Islamic harshness of the Middle East. We should not excuse and tolerate their bad behavior, because it is their religion.

Back
Top Bottom