• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Not all Musulims are TERRORIEST BUT ???

Re: Wrong target

GarzaUK said:
I never said Christ and Muhammed preached intolerance, I said some members of each faith do!

What does that mean? You do not need to be a member of a particular religion to be intolerant. That can be said of anyone. Religious people have no monopoly on intolerance although they are easier to spot.

Seems maybe mohamed made stuff up to justtify his behavior. Christian spun their interpretation of the existing word to justify theirs. Overall it's just men using whatever means they can to gain wealth and power. Same old story.

teacher said:
Seems maybe mohamed made stuff up to justtify his behavior. Christian spun their interpretation of the existing word to justify theirs. Overall it's just men using whatever means they can to gain wealth and power. Same old story.

I agree. When I passed by some of the fantastic churches I have seen over the years (many different faiths). I often wondered how many people all that money would have fed. I marveled at the wasted resources used to satisfy men.
Does God really care whether you worship in a multi million dollar citadel or an outhouse? I doubt it.

Re: And regarding violence

teacher said:
What does the Koran say about beating women with sticks. The bible I know had Jesus pretty well frowning on such behavior.

No one seems to have answered this one, so...
"Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them" (Sura 4:34) (though some Islamic scholars claim that this is a symbolic 'beating' only where-by the husband just 'taps' his wife on the arm. Although the wording does not say it should be but a symbolic tap, (and it is an interpretation that is in the minority)

akyron said:
I agree. When I passed by some of the fantastic churches I have seen over the years (many different faiths). I often wondered how many people all that money would have fed. I marveled at the wasted resources used to satisfy men.
Does God really care whether you worship in a multi million dollar citadel or an outhouse? I doubt it.
No it does not matter what/where you worship but the primary goal of Christians to save the souls of the people.Sure feed the poor and nurse the sick but focus on the relationship with God and how sin cuts people off from him.(this is where the "intolerance" comes in) Open for insults. Start now.

akyron said:
If you consider the worth of "Church treasures" as several billions of dollars, it works out to less than a buck a head, and then it's all gone. What then?

Consider a church, not as a museum for saints, but as a hospital for sinners.

Far better that religious resources are used to educate those who are ignorant so that they may learn to sustain themselves.

Of course, no discussion involving religion can succeed unless all parties "speak the same language".

Montalban said:
No one seems to have answered this one, so...
"Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them" (Sura 4:34) (though some Islamic scholars claim that this is a symbolic 'beating' only where-by the husband just 'taps' his wife on the arm. Although the wording does not say it should be but a symbolic tap, (and it is an interpretation that is in the minority)

Dear Diary;
I'm a beautiful young teen Arab girl. Yesterday was the summer family picnic. It was positively dreamy.

teacher said:
Dear Diary;
I'm a beautiful young teen Arab girl. Yesterday was the summer family picnic. It was positively dreamy.
Thanks for your entry for "Weirdest Post on a Debate Forum"

teacher said:
Your welcome and thank you back. I'm honestly quite honored by such a distinction. However (not saying you don't get it) there is a point to it.

You can say it. I don't get it. When you say that out of any context.

Okay, I'm game... what's the point?

Montalban said:
You can say it. I don't get it. When you say that out of any context.

Okay, I'm game... what's the point?

Sarcastically saying life for Arab girls might not be so peachy in the context of the Koran having rules about beating them.

Free the women.

Last edited:

Fantasea said:
If you consider the worth of "Church treasures" as several billions of dollars, it works out to less than a buck a head, and then it's all gone. What then?

Consider a church, not as a museum for saints, but as a hospital for sinners.

Far better that religious resources are used to educate those who are ignorant so that they may learn to sustain themselves.

Of course, no discussion involving religion can succeed unless all parties "speak the same language".

I think it is more than several billions. If we could find the stats I would be willing to bet it would be more like tens of billions or even hundreds.

And you could still have a nice building without spending millions as they commonly do in my area.

Only in Jest

akyron said:
I think it is more than several billions. If we could find the stats I would be willing to bet it would be more like tens of billions or even hundreds.

And you could still have a nice building without spending millions as they commonly do in my area.

It always reminds me of part of a Monty Python bit...

"VICE-POPE (Eric): Oh yes, it's been an invaluable basis for our whole operation really. Of course people accuse us sometimes of not practising what we preach, but you must remember that if you're trying to propagate a creed of poverty, gentleness and tolerance, you need a very rich, powerful, authoritarian organisation to do it."
http://www.heretical.com/miscella/mppanel.html

Re: Not all Musulims are TERRORIEST BUT ?

GarzaUK said:
Hey I'm a Protestant in Northern Ireland lol, Im a terrorist bang bang. There are Protestants terrorists as well as Irish terrorists, Irish terrorists in December performed the biggest bank robbery in the UK ever. Anyway on both sides only a small percentage are terrorists, I'm not one.

NEWS FLASH TO AMERICANS!

Americans, thats right Americans funded Irish terrorism to kill and injure Protestant civilians. Americans actually funded terrorism, give yourselves a pat on the back! :rolleyes:

Well said,

I am a catholic of Southern Irish decent. As you can see from my signature, i like Ireland a bit lol. You are very right in saying that the minority of people are the terrorists but I read about the situation 20 or 30 years ago and its quite startling. The UDA had 20,000 members in Belfast alone.

I also agree that the Americans funded the IRA. It gave them most of their funding and that is why Clinton visited in '96, to check on his investment lol.

Nice to meet you anyway. Hope we can debate in the future.

Slan.

slim said:
Well said,

I am a catholic of Southern Irish decent. As you can see from my signature, i like Ireland a bit lol. You are very right in saying that the minority of people are the terrorists but I read about the situation 20 or 30 years ago and its quite startling. The UDA had 20,000 members in Belfast alone.

I also agree that the Americans funded the IRA. It gave them most of their funding and that is why Clinton visited in '96, to check on his investment lol.

Nice to meet you anyway. Hope we can debate in the future.

Slan.

Welcome to Debate Politics Slim! Yeah, but that was 20-30 years ago when the troubles were at their worse. My dad was offered to join lol, but he refused thankfully. Do you have the figures for nowadays

To be honest slim, I'm sick of the politics of Northern Ireland, the troubles, the politics, the narrow-minded people - it's all bulls**t.
I used to be narrow-minded until I went to university and met the "other side". Most of my friends in Belfast are Irish Nationalists now lol.

Like I said it's all bulls**t.

Sorry, I dont have the figures for today but Martin McGuiness (i know its not a trustworthy source but its the nearest i have) said that since 1969 around 10,000 have passed through the ranks in total.

slim said:
Sorry, I dont have the figures for today but Martin McGuiness (i know its not a trustworthy source but its the nearest i have) said that since 1969 around 10,000 have passed through the ranks in total.

Dia dhuit.

But what's this got to do with Islam?

The purpose was to agree that it is not only muslims who are terrorists as commonly supposed and presented by the media and the governments.

Welcome to Debate Politics!

Where and when has the government or the media alleged that all terrorist are Muslims? Is it just possible that the majority of terrorist simply tend to be Muslims? Which in no way means that the majority of Muslims are terrorist.

The media has indeed represented muslims as terrorists. That is where the capitalist profit is, near the oil and in Bush's favour.

The media fails to see paramilitary activity in Northern Ireland, many south american countries, many african states and some in eastern europe. Why? because it will either make the US look bad or it would not gain profit.

slim said:
The media has indeed represented muslims as terrorists. That is where the capitalist profit is, near the oil and in Bush's favour.

The media fails to see paramilitary activity in Northern Ireland, many south american countries, many african states and some in eastern europe. Why? because it will either make the US look bad or it would not gain profit.

I disagree I don't find the media reports I see and read purporting that all Muslims are terrorists.

You might be right in that our media doesn't report extensively on the terrorist activity of those you mention. But I do read reports of terrorist activities of groups in the US. Groups that bomb medical clinics that provide, among other things, abortions. Groups that bomb and set fire to logging equipment. Groups that bomb animal research labs. Groups that destroy equipment at fur farms that produce minks for clothing. These activities are all reported when they occur and they're correctly referred to as "terrorist" actions.

akyron said:

OK. Make it fifty times the amount. At fifty bucks a head, it still disappears in a hurry and, again, what next?

If folks who are constantly criticizing the Church would do a little math first, they would have a better understanding of the situation about which they are complaining.

Pacridge said:
I disagree I don't find the media reports I see and read purporting that all Muslims are terrorists.

You might be right in that our media doesn't report extensively on the terrorist activity of those you mention. But I do read reports of terrorist activities of groups in the US. Groups that bomb medical clinics that provide, among other things, abortions. Groups that bomb and set fire to logging equipment. Groups that bomb animal research labs. Groups that destroy equipment at fur farms that produce minks for clothing. These activities are all reported when they occur and they're correctly referred to as "terrorist" actions.

The difference between "terrorists" on home soil and Islamic "fundamentalists" is simple.

The home soil ones are often seen as communists (another scapegoat for the governments problems) and they are not killed for their actions.

Those in places such as Iraq are fighting for their lives and their people. The scale between these two is massive and the "communists" cannot be categorised as terrorists.

Therefore my statement is still true.

Fantasea said:
OK. Make it fifty times the amount. At fifty bucks a head, it still disappears in a hurry and, again, what next?

If folks who are constantly criticizing the Church would do a little math first, they would have a better understanding of the situation about which they are complaining.

Let me be clear. I am NOT criticizing the "church" in this case but gross expenditures that could be used elsewhere besides massive high ceilinged mansionistic places of worship. This applies to many things other than religious icons. Men make these decisions not God.

Lots of guys use tents and that can be innovative..

The same can be said the other way. So you feed a 6 billion people for 50 days. Then what?

Maybe they should build Wal-Marts so the money makes more money.
When the ceiling is a hundred feet over my head in a church I just feel like the money is wasted. It is a personal opinion.

Luke 14:28 tells us that before one builds a tower, one sits down and counts the cost. Counting the cost should include maintenance of the "tower" or support expenses for new projects and programs. Ask yourself, "Can we afford this now? What about six months from now when we have to hire an additional 'tower' janitor? What about heating and lighting the 'tower'?" This additional planning shouldn't discourage you in what you believe God would have you to do. But counting the cost means counting all the conceivable costs - both current and future.

I am not sure but I think I just made up a word. It was mansionistic.

Back
Top Bottom