• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No Man's Sky

A better game is Empyrion Galactic Survival on Steam.

Has everyone seen the ending to the game? It's pretty hilarious.

Has everyone seen the ending to the game? It's pretty hilarious.

No Man's Sky? I didn't know it had an ending. I figured you made it to the center of the galaxy and then got popped out somewhere else, probably in another quadrillion star galaxy.

Anyway, odd that you posted in this thread because yesterday I started playing the game again for the first time since probably October. Now that you can start a new game that's what I did.

No Man's Sky? I didn't know it had an ending. I figured you made it to the center of the galaxy and then got popped out somewhere else, probably in another quadrillion star galaxy.

Anyway, odd that you posted in this thread because yesterday I started playing the game again for the first time since probably October. Now that you can start a new game that's what I did.

Yeah, you get to the center, and it just pops you out. No big fanfare, no big story reveal. Nothing. Pretty fitting that they lied about the story, too.

And I sold my copy after about an hour of playing. I had no interest in the game whatsoever.

There was an interview with Murray some time before the launch and he had joked with his interviewer that they saw the Soprano's ending and thought that would be hilarious. It was supposed to tell us that there was an actual ending and they wouldn't do that.

But you know, the funny thing about that joke of his, the Sopranos actually wrapped around a philosophical conversation between gangsters about the end of life and constant set-up for Tony's possible fate. There was story there. No Man's Sky didn't even have that.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

It's still an imaginative game that's easy to pick up and offers unlimited hours of gameplay. I don't play it as much as when it first came out, but its a great way to zen out after a long day at work.

It's still an imaginative game that's easy to pick up and offers unlimited hours of gameplay. I don't play it as much as when it first came out, but its a great way to zen out after a long day at work.

Sorting a haystack by length offers unlimited hours of play too.

I know I'm bringing up a "dead thread," but I have to admit...this game is starting to take pretty good shape after two patches. Good to see a developer at least try to recover, instead of just take the money and run.

I know I'm bringing up a "dead thread," but I have to admit...this game is starting to take pretty good shape after two patches. Good to see a developer at least try to recover, instead of just take the money and run.

Is there any multiplayer? Like multiplayer combat?

My understanding is that the new patch allows base sharing. That kind of indicates that some form of multiplayer will be available. However, with more than a quadrillion planets and no real way to locate another player it seem that the odds of running into a buddy are rather low.

Nope. Personally, I love that I've never come across a single player (even IF it were possible). Every other multiplayer game is the same 'ole same 'ole shoot-em-up combat. It'd just get ruined by the children who just get off on causing mayhem to other people. I'd rather not play a game, where every second of my time is me wondering whether some snot-nosed punk is just hiding out waiting to snipe and teabag me.

Nope. Personally, I love that I've never come across a single player (even IF it were possible). Every other multiplayer game is the same 'ole same 'ole shoot-em-up combat. It'd just get ruined by the children who just get off on causing mayhem to other people. I'd rather not play a game, where every second of my time is me wondering whether some snot-nosed punk is just hiding out waiting to snipe and teabag me.

I agree that that is what has killed survival games in the past. Especially when you do a lot of grinding. But I feel like a good one involves PvP at some point. Especially in a risk vs reward situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding is that the new patch allows base sharing. That kind of indicates that some form of multiplayer will be available. However, with more than a quadrillion planets and no real way to locate another player it seem that the odds of running into a buddy are rather low.

I was playing it until the path that allowed you to make your own base. When they did that, they took away other features I was building on.

I did cross paths with another player, never met the player but was on the same planet that someone else was already at before me.

I too have come across a planet that someone else had discovered first.

It kinda made me disappointed.

I too have come across a planet that someone else had discovered first.

It kinda made me disappointed.

I was tempted to try to follow their trail, but I had no idea how much time had passed.

No Man's Sky is my constant reminder not to preorder... well, pretty much anything. It's 2017, there's no physical copies for the store to run out of. I loved Shadow of Mordor. Fantastic game. The sequel, Shadow of War, was recently announced. Preorders are already up. Tempting.

But it's five months early and No Man's Sky was a thing.

No Man's Sky is my constant reminder not to preorder... well, pretty much anything. It's 2017, there's no physical copies for the store to run out of. I loved Shadow of Mordor. Fantastic game. The sequel, Shadow of War, was recently announced. Preorders are already up. Tempting.

But it's five months early and No Man's Sky was a thing.

I was disappointed in several ways with the game, but liked other parts of it that I sicked around.

Took me a long time to like Civ 5. With No Man's Sky's updates, it became less appealing for me rather than more.

I might have to fire up Kerbal Space Program again.

I was disappointed in several ways with the game, but liked other parts of it that I sicked around.

Took me a long time to like Civ 5. With No Man's Sky's updates, it became less appealing for me rather than more.

I might have to fire up Kerbal Space Program again.

I dream of the day KSP can have true multithreading on physics calculations. Sadly, that may not really be possible to do effectively.

I dream of the day KSP can have true multithreading on physics calculations. Sadly, that may not really be possible to do effectively.

Oh God yes.

I have the i7-4790, and it is like the 7th fastest CPU for single threads. The i7-4790K is the fastest. At least I can fly ships with a couple thousand parts without it being too slow.

Running 32GB ram, and my primary drive is a 1TB Samsung 850 EVO. Using the GeForce GTX 950 to drive three 1440P monitors.

I have a total of three SSD, and two regular drives. I'm not using two of the SSD's, I just haven't removed them from the tower yet. Played around cloning my OS various places. My 1/2TB Samsung EVO 950 Pro is my fastest SSD with a 4 lane PCIe interface, but my stupid tower only allows it one lane, so it's useless for speed. Bottle-necking all the data to one lane when it wants four slows it down worse than other drives.

This was for a large lunar lander. I made a super large mining station, for the Mun Rocked Challenge:

Mun Challenge Launch - Album on Imgur

Anyway, I launched that station, used three large tankers to fill it before sending it to the Mun. Sent two more tankers to the Mun to fill it before landing. Being an ore mining station, filled it up with fuel, sent it back to space, and refilled my large tankers, then landed in another spot to mine fuel again.

Mun Rocked Three tankers to Fill lander in kerbin orbit - Album on Imgur

Mun Rocked to the Mun and one Tanker - Album on Imgur

Mun Rocked Challenge - Landing the Monster - Album on Imgur

http://imgur.com/a/AK45H

http://imgur.com/a/4aKOX

Jerri Hall is my wallpaper:

20160605_183327_zps8ohwow6x.jpg

Google maps of Portland:

Message_14651975164221_zpsbyq1zqio.jpg

I tipped my center monitor back to landscape as some programs will not work in it in portrait. I can multitask real well with the three 32" 1440P monitors. A print screen gets all three:

3screens.jpg

These two are coming back out next time I open the case

20160511_183931_zpsfoctg9rn.jpg

Launching of a large fuel tanker:

screenshot00_zps52ag2xhn.png

Heavy Orbital Fueler To Mun Slideshow by Wild_Cobra | Photobucket

I tried all three in landscape, but too wide:

20160601_184730.jpg

At least since KSP does most it's work in a single core, I have no problem streaming movies and playing it.

Last edited:
I can't resist. I'm proud of this little water vessel.

screenshot0_zpsqcudoen0.png

screenshot1_zps23gy4xor.png

screenshot4_zpszvizz93a.png

Took it to the island NE of the KSP. 144.6 m/s in the second screenshot. As it uses more fuel yet, I had it over 150 m/s.

How far did you get?
I don't remember. In career mode, have a done well, but still haven't finished the science. I dislike the silly missions, but it makes for good money at times. I prefer the sandbox mode, and building the massive crafts.

As for that water skimmer, have to be subtle on the maneuvers. It will flip over!

This was at least five launches to put this together:

screenshot8_zpszcahvhfr.png

This was for a challenge to put the most Kerbals in an orbiting space station, single launch, with escape craft for all:

screenshot4_zpsfjeuvdmk.png

These were just having fun with mass and living space:

Station%20009%20on%20Runway_zpszav3dzhu.png

Starbase%20Kerbal%20One_zpsergn1u3n.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom