• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No Candidate Reaches 270

Who Does The Republican House Elect As President?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Gary Johnson

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • I actually think they would elect Hillary

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
Well all I can say is don't get your hopes up because Trump has already made more the enough bigoted statements to ensure those groups turn out big in 2016 as well. Moreover, the Clinton campaign is using the same targeted turnout metrics that the Obama campaign used for the general. Just because primary turnout was not as high this time around is irrelevant to that. You have to remember that Hillary got more votes in the primaries than Obama did in 2008 yet he still turned all those Hillary voters out for the general. Trump will easily lose by more electoral votes than Romney did. He has already given the Clinton campaign more than enough material to run at least the most effective negative ad campaign since LBJ / Goldwater. They will paint him as an ignorant bigot and bully and literally shame people into not voting for him. Now you might say, well why did his primary opponents not do that? Well because they were trying to appeal to the same bigoted base that Trump appealed to. The Clinton campaign could care less about that, they will just make sure that is all he has voting for him come November.

Why do you feel that legal hispanic people care so much about Trump's dislike of illegal immigrants and illegal immigration?

I've never understood why hispanic people, who are here legally, care so much about defending illegal immigrants.......

Maybe you can explain it to me.

Oh, and thanks for calling every Republican a bigot.... that really goes a long way in making a point in this conversation.

Thanks.

Yes OMG she might actually return us back to Clinton era tax rates when we had the greatest period of peace and prosperity in American history. Oh the horrors....

Look tax rates right now are at some of their lowest levels in the post war era. They are not bring in enough revenue to sufficiently fund the fiscal obligations we have placed in the federal public sector. Thus they will have to go up at some point. It only makes sense to increase tax rates on those for whom it has the least impact on, and that would be the wealthiest of taxpayers. We have had higher tax rates before on the top 1% and it had no ill effects at all on the economy.

The notion that progressive taxation is "hating the rich" is just moronic.

Nope. The "Clinton Era" was possible only as a direct consequence of the end of the Cold War and the Greenspan/Clinton financial policy mix that caused the Bubbles we are still paying off.

Why do you feel that legal hispanic people care so much about Trump's dislike of illegal immigrants and illegal immigration?

I've never understood why hispanic people, who are here legally, care so much about defending illegal immigrants.......

Oh, and thanks for calling every Republican a bigot.... that really goes a long way in making a point in this conversation.

Thanks.

Two reasons.

Because Trump hasn't only attacked illegals. He's attacked Latinos, immigrant and not, in their entirety. He's even insulted Latino-American reporters. And he's attacked pretty much every non-white ethnicity as well. He isn't anti-illegal immigration. He's racist.

And also because his immigration "policy," if you can call it that, is inhumane to the extreme. As a legal immigrant myself, yes, I am very critical of a politician who wants to treat immigrants like vermin. Being an immigrant gives you a whole new lease on what a vulnerable position it really is to be in.

Last edited:
Well all I can say is don't get your hopes up because Trump has already made more the enough bigoted statements to ensure those groups turn out big in 2016 as well. Moreover, the Clinton campaign is using the same targeted turnout metrics that the Obama campaign used for the general. Just because primary turnout was not as high this time around is irrelevant to that. You have to remember that Hillary got more votes in the primaries than Obama did in 2008 yet he still turned all those Hillary voters out for the general. Trump will easily lose by more electoral votes than Romney did. He has already given the Clinton campaign more than enough material to run at least the most effective negative ad campaign since LBJ / Goldwater. They will paint him as an ignorant bigot and bully and literally shame people into not voting for him. Now you might say, well why did his primary opponents not do that? Well because they were trying to appeal to the same bigoted base that Trump appealed to. The Clinton campaign could care less about that, they will just make sure that is all he has voting for him come November.

Hillary has a 30 year history of making bigoted statements, so if she plays that game with her TV ads, she will come off looking foolish herself. Trump can easily turn that around on her.

Hillary has a 30 year history of making bigoted statements, so if she plays that game with her TV ads, she will come off looking foolish herself. Trump can easily turn that around on her.

Really? Quote some of her "bigoted statements". I would like to see some examples of these bigoted statements.

Thanks.

I did not call every Republican a bigot. I stated that much of Trump's base is a bunch of bigots. When you start your campaign off by claiming that Mexico is sending over rapists and criminals - with some good people, you are offending all Hispanics not just illegal immigrants. Moreover, when you claim a judge that was born in America cannot be fair to you simply because they have Mexican ancestry, you are offending all Hispanics, not just illegal immigrants. There are numerous examples like this. There is a reason why the Republican Party hardly has any minorities in it anymore and their support for a bigot like Trump is emblematic of it.

I guarantee you they will. In fact, given the things Trump has said in the last year, I guarantee you she get a bigger percentage of the Hispanic vote than even Obama. He is like George Wallace to Hispanics and the polling bears this out.

That Republican, George Wallace? ;)

I did not call every Republican a bigot. I stated that much of Trump's base is a bunch of bigots. When you start your campaign off by claiming that Mexico is sending over rapists and criminals - with some good people, you are offending all Hispanics not just illegal immigrants.
Are Rapists and criminals illegally crossing the border? You betcha. Do we hear about these stores often especially in the border states? You betcha. Maybe that is what he was referring to. But of course, those "bigots" (as you call them) in Trump's base have the proper god given amount of common god damned sense to know exactly what he was referring to. They weren't jumping on any and every opportunity to claim something he said was racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. They weren't jumping to find some way to play identity politics. Thats the left's job. And they seem to do it well with their media arm to help push the agenda.
Moreover, when you claim a judge that was born in America cannot be fair to you simply because they have Mexican ancestry, you are offending all Hispanics, not just illegal immigrants.
Considering how many hispanics dislike Trump because of his statements during the campaign, and because of course all the reasons I stated above, you could probably see why Trump believed that maybe his statements as a candidate were part of the basis for this judge not being fair to him. Yes, Im pretty sure since I was born with the appropriate amount of common sense that he was taking into consideration the totality of the circumstances regarding how hispanics in this country view him due to him not liking illegal immigration.

There are numerous examples like this.
There are numerous examples of people twisting what Trump says into some form of bigotry because they are pushing divisive identity politics, sure. Fortunately, Im not an idiot who cares too much for identity politics, or the lies of the left. So I can, with my god given common sense, figure out just what Trump is saying when he is speaking on a subject. I don't ignore the context clues in order to craft a false narrative of his message.

There is a reason why the Republican Party hardly has any minorities in it anymore and their support for a bigot like Trump is emblematic of it.
The reason why the Republican Party hardly has any minorities is because the Democrats have done a fine job of keeping them on that "plantation" so to speak. The Democrats play identity politics and twist words of Republicans so that they can make minorities feel special. Republicans feel they are being elected to support EVERYONE, and thus don't give special promises of special care and consideration to minorities.

Are Rapists and criminals illegally crossing the border? You betcha. Do we hear about these stores often especially in the border states? You betcha.

Does someone miss Palin? You betcha.

lol... didn't even think of her, but good catch.

You wish she was out there stumpin' an' stompin', and moose shootin'. lol Me too, maybe all of us.

Back
Top Bottom