• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nightmarish Arizona Restaurant Has Some Of The Strictest Employee Rules...

I read a bunch of those. I dismissed many who, I felt, were simply jumping on the "Let's bash Samy and Amy" bandwagon.

Not that they deserved praise, but still...

I'm sure some of them were like that. I'd come closer to believing the ones before Ramsay's show were accurate, as opposed to after. Before Kitchen Nightmares, I'd venture to guess most people outside of Scottsdale had never heard of these psychos.

Too strict, but not unfair. No one has to work there, though I'm not sure if "Employees must agree not to work for a competitor within 50 miles of the restaurant for a full year after they leave, or to open a similar business in the same radius." would actually be enforceable.

And as far as the tips go, if I was the wait staff, I'd just make sure to tell my customers not to leave a tip. I assume, of course, since tips are not being paid to the wait staff, the waiters/waitresses are being paid at least minimum wage (unlike in other restaurants).

According to the actual letter, yes.

I wonder how that police call worked out. :2razz:

I read it but forgot what happened. Seems like the police just asked the customer to leave. I think what happened was that the 2 guys ordered a pizza and like an hour and a half later it still wasn't there, so they were just going to leave, and the owners wanted them to pay for the pizza - that they never got. :lol:

What makes you think that they are not being paid at least minimum wage and thus get a W-2 instead of a W-4, just like a McWorker does?

Whether they are being paid minimum wage or not is irrelevant; tips are given to the waiting staff, not the owners and it should be illegal for the owners to steal them. The good thing about paying minimum wage is that the tip then becomes what it should be, a voluntary gratuity for exceptional service, not an obligatory subsidy that allows the owners to pay peanuts. If the owners want to keep extra money they should put a 10-15% service charge onto the bill.

I have a feeling these owners aren't going to stay in business for very long.

Back
Top Bottom