• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Offseason News 2021

Because of Moss's personality?
Because of Jerry's overall greatness. Moss pales in comparison. Plus, no one ever accused Jerry of quitting on a team.

Honestly, there's only 5 positions i would draft in the top 10. QB, WR, LT, EDGE and CB.

ensure the enforcement of all accepted penalties committed by either team during successive Try attempts.

Compare the impact the 5 greatest WRs have made on their team vs the 5 greatest TEs? Not even a debate.

You ask diehard Chiefs fans, Mahomes most important weapon is Tyreek Hill, Not Travis Kelce.

People who watch Chiefs games know Travis Kelce is just as important to Kansas City's offense as Tyreek Hill. Kelce has been this good his entire career no matter who is throwing the ball to him. There is no reason to say a WR should be drafted before Kyle Pitts in Cleveland until you can prove that player is better both overall and as a player who specializes in catching passes.

Because of Jerry's overall greatness. Moss pales in comparison. Plus, no one ever accused Jerry of quitting on a team.

I asked you if it was Moss's personality. You seem to be saying yes. However, talent wise I wouldn't put Rice in the same league with Moss.

Top 4 players in NFL history in any order.:

Jim Brown
Tom Brady
Lawrence Taylor
Randy Moss

I asked you if it was Moss's personality. You seem to be saying yes. However, talent wise I wouldn't put Rice in the same league with Moss.

Top 4 players in NFL history in any order.:

Jim Brown
Tom Brady
Lawrence Taylor
Randy Moss
Don't watch much football I guess. If a player doesn't use the talent they have...they're not that talented.

Jerry Rice
Randy Moss
Seasons2015
Receptions (rank)1,549 (1st)982 (15th)
Receptions/season77.565.5
Receiving yards (rank)22,895 (1st)15,292 (4th)
Rec. yards/season1,114.81,019.5
Receiving TDs (rank)197 (1st)156 (2nd)
Rec. TDs/season9.910.4
Total TDs (rank)208 (1st)157 (4th)

Don't watch much football I guess. If a player doesn't use the talent they have...they're not that talented.

Jerry Rice
Randy Moss
Seasons2015
Receptions (rank)1,549 (1st)982 (15th)
Receptions/season77.565.5
Receiving yards (rank)22,895 (1st)15,292 (4th)
Rec. yards/season1,114.81,019.5
Receiving TDs (rank)197 (1st)156 (2nd)
Rec. TDs/season9.910.4
Total TDs (rank)208 (1st)157 (4th)

I understand, you don't know anything, or you're from SF or both.

I understand, you don't know anything, or you're from SF or both.
I know Moss has zero Super Bowl rings and Rice has three. " Rice has a hold on multiple NFL playoff and Super Bowl records. He played in eight conference championships and four Super Bowls. He earned three Super Bowl rings with the 49ers and was named the Most Valuable Player of San Francisco's Super Bowl XXIII win over the Cincinnati Bengals."

1617319041724.png

I know Moss has zero Super Bowl rings and Rice has three. " Rice has a hold on multiple NFL playoff and Super Bowl records. He played in eight conference championships and four Super Bowls. He earned three Super Bowl rings with the 49ers and was named the Most Valuable Player of San Francisco's Super Bowl XXIII win over the Cincinnati Bengals."

View attachment 67326127

He couldn't carry Moss's jock.

Travis Kelce is still great after a long period of time. What is your point?

I am a meat and potatoes kind of guy. You build through the trenches.

Kyle Pitts is waaay to overhyped. And Pitts is useless if your team can't block protect the QB.

I heard one draft expert on ESPN saying Kyle Pitts is a once-in-a-decade type player. WTF?

Some of these once-in-a-decade tight ends have been overhyped and disappointments in the NFL:

Jeremy Shockey
Kellen Winslow II
Vernon Davis
Kyle Rudolph
Eric Ebron
OJ Howard
T.J Hockenson

NONE of the tight ends had 1,000 receiving yards. The majority of great tight ends have been drafted after round 1 - Gronk, Hernandez, Travis Kelce, Darren Waller, Kittles.

I am a meat and potatoes kind of guy. You build through the trenches.

What in the world does this mean?
Kyle Pitts is way too overhyped. And Pitts is useless if your team can't block protect the QB.

No more useless than the team's #1 WR is. If the QB can't throw to a TE he obviously can't throw to a WR either.

Did you watch any Florida Gators games during the regular season? What about the SEC Championship Game?

Last edited:
What in the world does this mean?
No more useless than the team's #1 WR is. If the QB can't throw to a TE, he obviously can't throw to a WR either.

Did you watch any Florida Gators games during the regular season or just the anomaly against Oklahoma?

Most of these Florida kids are way too overhyped. I remember When Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin were drafted.

Penei Sewell will be the first non-QB drafted in the NFL. I hear for example the Bengals are interested in the Florida TE. That would be the biggest mistake ever. The Bengals priority should be protecting Joe Burrow.

The Dolphins have a good TE

I could honestly see Pitts falling out of the top ten, maybe to the Chargers??

View attachment 67326127

That probably has more to do with the team Rice played for. Imagine if Calvin Johnson played for ANY other team than the Lions.

Most of these Florida kids are way too overhyped. I remember when Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin were drafted.

Only what Kyle Pitts did in college matters when we talk about him. It is all about the player, not the college. If you loved the Gators, you would talk about how great they are, calling Evan McPherson the best kicker and Kyle Trask better than Mac Jones just because of your blind team bias.

Most of these Florida kids are way too overhyped. I remember When Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin were drafted.

Penei Sewell will be the first non-QB drafted in the NFL. I hear for example the Bengals are interested in the Florida TE. That would be the biggest mistake ever. The Bengals priority should be protecting Joe Burrow.

Reportedly, Joe Burrow is lobbying for the team to draft his former teammate Ja'Marr Chase. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen, but I agree that Sewell makes a lot more sense for Cincy.

hope the panthers take a look at him at 8

Reportedly, Joe Burrow is lobbying for the team to draft his former teammate Ja'Marr Chase. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen, but I agree that Sewell makes a lot more sense for Cincy.

I don't know about that, but Chase was asked if he wants to rejoin Burrow.
https://www.nfl.com/news/lsu-wr-ja-...l.com/players/joe-burrow/']Joe Burrow[/QUOTE]
's former teammate.
After his pro day on Wednesday, Chase said he'd welcome a reunion with Burrow.

"I wouldn't mind going back with Joe," Chase said, via ESPN. "If we go back together, we're trying to do nothing but get back our chemistry and have some more fun."

Some of them require more information to have an opinion on, but I like these:

Eliminating overtime in preseason.
Expand the prohibition on blocking below the waist by offensive and defensive players on scrimmage downs when contact occurs beyond five yards on either side of the line of scrimmage and more than two yards outside of either offensive tackle.
Ensure the enforcement of all accepted penalties committed by either team during successive Try attempts.
I agree, I want to see the text of these changes, especially those regarding overtime. NFL overtime needs an overhaul. My preferred solution is comparable to an NHL shootout, where teams line up and start from the 2 or the 25 or wherever and play as normal until it's turned over on downs or a score is made. Three attempts each, then if still tied, one attempt each until someone loses. Then the other team gets a chance to match or (if the score was a FG or the ball was turned over) beat the opponent's performance for a drive. No tries. Everyone's even-Steven on number of possessions, and the OT possession that we saw last year (I forget which teams) where a single possession nearly ran out the OT clock, which would have deprived the other team of any possession whatsoever, can't be repeated.

The only OT format I like is true sudden death.Giving the other team the ball again after the first team scores defeats the purpose of having an OT period at all. I have seen ties that resulted from the change to not end games at the first successful FG attempt.

Can someone explain to me how it is possible for the Ravens to propose both going back to true sudden death and eliminating sudden death altogether?

Back
Top Bottom