• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Offseason News 2021

Suspension?

Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Carlton Davis tweeted – then quickly deleted – an anti-Asian slur on Sunday night, prompting him to later write a second tweet to apologize.

The third-year player tweeted, “Gotta stop letting g–ks in Miami,” a derogatory term often used towards those of Asian descent – specifically Vietnamese, Filipino and Korean people.

Davis deleted the tweet, then wrote another insisting he was referring to a different use of the word and didn’t know it was used in a racial connotation.

Darnold traded to Panthers for a 6th and next year's 2nd and 4th
I thought he would come cheaper than that
While it is not Watson it is two middle tier stable quarterbacks for 2021

Robbie anderson had a career year after leaving new york. I would expect Darnold to rebound.

Robbie anderson had a career year after leaving new york. I would expect Darnold to rebound.
wondered what kind of connection anderson had with darnold. was the QB so bad he did not want him jumping onto his team or was the QB desirable and someone who could thrive with a mediocre line and some good targets, cause that's all he will have to work with at carolina
maybe they will now draft the once in a generation tight end to make it a more target-rich environment

wondered what kind of connection anderson had with darnold. was the QB so bad he did not want him jumping onto his team or was the QB desirable and someone who could thrive with a mediocre line and some good targets, cause that's all he will have to work with at carolina
maybe they will now draft the once in a generation tight end to make it a more target-rich environment

I am seeing a lot of flashy moves by carolina. Not a lot of substance.

Another possible team Watson could have went to now has a QB, Darnold..

Until this mess is over and resolved(if resolved) I don't see a GM touching Watson with a 10 foot pole...

Jeff Fisher - Jared Goff
Matt Gase - Ryan Tannehill
Matt Gase - Sam Darnold

Another possible team Watson could have went to now has a QB, Darnold..

Until this mess is over and resolved(if resolved) I don't see a GM touching Watson with a 10 foot pole...
what does watson do now?
retreat and agree to play for the texans (assuming there is no NFL barrier)?
continue to hold out as earlier indicated, but with now limited prospects?
would like to think the panthers could pick him up at a more reasonable price while houston moves on ... but then they likely have shot their wad on darnold

what does watson do now?
would like to think the panthers could pick him up at a more reasonable price while houston moves on ... but then they likely have shot their wad on darnold

Go to prison?

what does watson do now?
Yeah. His trade value for the Texans is now in the toilet.. Which means Watsons bargaining power to get out of Houston is in the same toilet..

I think for all involved it's now a wait and see for what happens legally and what the NFL will do..

Yeah. His trade value for the Texans is now in the toilet.. Which means Watsons bargaining power to get out of Houston is in the same toilet..
In the toilet? It's in Pennywise's living room.

Denver apparently looked into trading for Teddy B a couple months ago. The new GM was with Minnesota when they moved up to get him in the draft. I hope we don't get him. I want the bright shiny new toy. He would be an upgrade though.

I think for all involved it's now a wait and see for what happens legally and what the NFL will do..

I wonder how many teams hired a private investigator to get more details on this.

He's actually younger than Joe Burrow. He could pull a Tannehill and end up being a stud after getting away from Gase.

Denver apparently looked into trading for Teddy B a couple months ago. The new GM was with Minnesota when they moved up to get him in the draft. I hope we don't get him. I want the bright shiny new toy. He would be an upgrade though.

Whatever John Elway likes, do the opposite.

Whatever John Elway likes, do the opposite.

It's true! He has moved on to a higher office and is no longer GM. Hopefully George Payton does a better job.

The reality is unless you draft the QB in the top ten picks odds are it's not gonna work out. Osweiller and Lock were both second rounders. Paxton Lynch was pick 26. Certainly wasted picks but not disasters like taking Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson. Lock may still work out but it's not looking good. You could argue that Russel Wilson and Drew Brees were second rounders but these days they would have been picked early in the first.

Did his attorney not release the statements from an equivalent number of women with a history of giving him massages who said they never experienced any inappropriate behavior by Watson?

Ashley Solis is a brave young woman that should be believed in and respected.

Deshaun Watson conned us all.

When it rains...

We know for a fact he did NOT cheat.

"I know this might be a little illegal, guys, I just put a little spray, a little stickum on them, to make sure that texture is a little sticky," Rice says in the video that was unearthed by the readers over at ProFootballTalk.com.

Stickum and other adhesives were banned by the NFL in 1981. Rice played in the league from 1985 to 2004. So if Rice used stickum, it wasn't a "little illegal," it was all illegal.

By the letter and spirit of the rules, Jerry Rice is a cheater. Just as if a pitcher was throwing a spitball, Jerry Rice CHEATED.

Back
Top Bottom