• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Offseason News 2021

The Eagles are making sure two of their best players stay in Philadelphia.

The Eagles are making sure two of their best players stay in Philadelphia.
They still have a lot of work to do to get under the cap. Expect Ertz and Jeffrey to be released soon.

They still have a lot of work to do to get under the cap. Expect Ertz and Jeffrey to be released soon.

There was a headline about the possibility Ertz and Jeffery will be cut, but I don't know if Howie Roseman plans to release either player.

There was a headline about the possibility Ertz and Jeffery will be cut, but I don't know if Howie Roseman plans to release either player.
The Eagles are still about $30 million over the cap, so they are going to have to cut some expensive vets.

Denver's defense is getting good news.

Dallas is one dumb team. Someone needs to tell Jerry Jones you cannot re-sign all your star players at max value. There is something called a salary cap.

Ezekiel Elliot is already one of the highest-paid running backs. Massive overpay

Amari Cooper should be paid like a top-5 WR.

DeMarcus Lawrence, etc... develop some damn players Dallas.

Dallas is one dumb team. Someone needs to tell Jerry Jones you cannot re-sign all your star players at max value. There is something called a salary cap.

Ezekiel Elliot is already one of the highest-paid running backs. Massive overpay

Amari Cooper should be paid like a top-5 WR.

DeMarcus Lawrence, etc... develop some damn players Dallas.
Um, of all of Dallas's highly paid players, Cooper is the only one they didn't draft.

Is this unilaterally allowed by the contract? I doubt it. So, what will the union/players receive for agreeing to a revised tag date?

Changing the deadline to tag a player means just that. The only immediate effect on tagged players is waiting a little longer to sign their contract tenders.

The NFL and NFLPA communicate about issues related to COVID-19, which include the 2021 salary cap, whenever either organization wants to recommend changes as the situation evolves. It is not a give and receive relationship, but an agreement.

Um, of all of Dallas's highly paid players, Cooper is the only one they didn't draft.

The Dallas Cowboys are in cap hell and they deserve it.

Paying Ezekiel Elliot that much money was stupid. He's already showing signs of regression.

Jerry Jones' should have signed Dak 1 or 2 years ago, and now he is the highest-paid player in the NFL. He's not a top-five player.

The Cowboys traded a first-round pick for Cooper and signed him a top-5 contract for a WR. Silly.

DeMarcus Lawrence? franchise money for 6.5 sacks? Laughable.

The only player they re-signed that was worth the money was Zack Martin.

Changing the deadline to tag a player means just that. The only immediate effect on tagged players is waiting a little longer to sign their contract tenders.

The NFL and NFLPA communicate about issues related to COVID-19, which include the 2021 salary cap, whenever either organization wants to recommend changes as the situation evolves. It is not a give and receive relationship, but an agreement.
delaying the opportunity to tag a player could cost the prospective tagged player some money ... should the team opt out of the tagging decision due to the revised cap
that would be negotiable under 'impact & implementation' provisions unless the contract specifically spells out that it is not to be found I&I bargaining

I'm watching all the teams' cap struggles with interest. There is going to be a lot of movement and restructuring very, very soon, and some serious disappointments for both fans and players as the musical chairs are getting smaller this year, and lots of "fan favorites" are going to be on new teams.

lol...Dak is not worth $40 Million per year. He's barely qualified to be a starter. Cowboys are destined to be bottom tier for years to come.

Go Bucs!
1 article I read said in the 1st year of this 4 year deal he'll get $75 mil...

Old Jerry is without doubt the worst GM in all of sports. But it's his team. He can do whatever the hell he wants. No matter how bad he is the Boys will still make money..

lol...Dak is not worth $40 Million per year. He's barely qualified to be a starter. Cowboys are destined to be bottom tier for years to come.
I have to agree, and increasing the QB salary in a down year seems nuts, but then, this is Dallas. They're known for squirrel food. On the other hand, DP is a known quantity, and he is good. Most teams are going to hang on to their franchise QBs for dear life, as there are not enough to go around. (Are you listening, Seattle?)

LOL Dak is not worth $40 Million per year. Cowboys are destined to be bottom tier for years to come. Go Bucks!

I did not know you are a Buckeyes fan. (It must be spelled Bucs if you like Tampa Bay.)

He will not be paid that much. The franchise tag amount is equal to the average salary of the top five salaries at the positions over the last five years. No way is that even close to $40 million. If he signs a long-term contract by July 15, his annual salary still will not be $40 million, just enough for him to be the highest paid quarterback.

Back
Top Bottom