• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Offseason News 2021

I did not know you are a Buckeyes fan. (It must be spelled Bucs if you like Tampa Bay.)

He will not be paid that much. The franchise tag amount is equal to the average salary of the top five salaries at the positions over the last five years. No way is that even close to $40 million. If he signs a long-term contract by July 15, his annual salary still will not be $40 million, just enough for him to be the highest paid quarterback.
Actually, I like all the Bucks: Buckeyes, Milwaukee and TB. Of course, the TB thing is bandwagon as the other TB winds down his career with more SB wins.

Delaying the opportunity to tag a player could cost the prospective tagged player some money, should the team opt out of the tagging decision due to the revised cap that would be negotiable under 'impact and implementation' provisions unless the contract specifically spells out that it is not to be found I&I bargaining.

Can you write this in proper English? I have no idea what you mean.

Delaying the cap deadline gives each team more time to decide if they want to slap the franchise tag on a player. How is that "delaying the opportunity" to tag a player since some teams have already started doing it? (See Carolina and Denver.)

Big money for Dak.. I wonder what that's going to do the Boys cap room?
If Dak had played under the franchise tag, his cap hit would have been $37.6 million this season. Under his new contract, his cap hit is $22 million. A huge difference since the cap is going to be lower this year.

Actually, I like all the Bucks: Buckeyes, Milwaukee and TB. Of course, the TB thing is bandwagon as the other TB winds down his career with more SB wins.

So you are a big Tom Brady fan. Not me.

If Dak had played under the franchise tag, his cap hit would have been $37.6 million this season. Under his new contract, his cap hit is $22 million. A huge difference since the cap is going to be lower this year.

So I was right that playing under the franchise tag would not mean being paid $40 million next season.

That explains why the Cowboys decided not to tag him again.

I guess they are confident he wants to say in Los Angeles.
I'm thinking the Jets and Jags make a run at him. Both teams have a need at TE, they both have plenty of cap space and both are expected to have rookie QBs this year. There's nothing better than having a good TE as a security blanket for a young QB. The question is can Henry stay healthy for 16 games.

This one is more interesting because Doug Marrone, who was an offensive lineman as a player, sometimes switched Cam Robinson out for Will Richardon, who also plays left guard. But Robinson is a good player and high second round draft pick.

This one is more interesting because Doug Marrone, who was an offensive lineman as a player, sometimes switched Cam Robinson out for Will Richardon, who also plays left guard. But Robinson is a good player and high second round draft pick.
Curious move.

• Jaguars franchise tagged LT Cam Robinson.
    Robinson was expected to be available in free agency this spring. He'll stay in Jacksonville, where he'll likely block for Trevor Lawrence in 2021. In 2020, Robinson was one of the NFL's worst pass blocking tackles, ranking 42nd out of 59 qualifying tackles, per Pro Football Focus. Jacksonville had PFF's 19th ranked pass blocking offensive line in 2020.
    SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Mar 9, 2021, 11:17 AM ET

I guess the Jaguars thought Cam Robinson would have better statistics with an elite QB under center. and a vastly improved coaching staff.

But when you think about it, is there anyone better than Will Richardson to replace him?

As usual, Bucky has no idea what he's talking about.

My point was the Cowboys have done a bad job managing their cap space. Teams need to develop players, find low-risk/high reward free agents, and hit on late draft picks.

Signing Elliot was stupid imo when they have a starting caliber back in Tony Pollard and could easily draft a talented back in the second or third round.

My point was the Cowboys have done a bad job managing their cap space. Teams need to develop players, find low-risk/high reward free agents, and hit on late draft picks.

Signing Elliot was stupid imo when they have a starting caliber back in Tony Pollard and could easily draft a talented back in the second or third round.

Your point does not make someone completely wrong about who drafted the most highly paid Cowboys players.

Details about the Trent Brown trade:

Now you're tap dancing, since your previous posts on the subject were proven to be wrong.

Another masterful trade from the great one.

49ers acquire Darnold, Patriots get Jimmy G. We're BACK!

Why did the 49ers want to downgrade the most important position?

Meanwhile another player will not be tagged.
But instead of talking about replacing a wide receiver . . .

Back
Top Bottom