• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York Governor Calls for Limits on the First Amendment in Response to Psychotic Killer

MrNiceGuy

Symbiotic Pnemonic
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
So, a killer wrote a 180 page "screed" (which I can't find anywhere, and I'd like to read it, so I could know what the hell the guy was writing, rather than rely on the media to tell me what they think it says), and so NY Governor Hochul thinks that nobody should be allowed to talk about "replacement theory."

All we apparently get to know, though, is that the 180 pages consisted of racist memes and slurs, and that he repeatedly talked about "the great replacement" or something. We don't get to read it ourselves now. And, now Hochul wants to make it illegal to refer to any "replacement," which, of course, to Democrats means that nobody should be able to say that illegal immigration is a problem because it's changing American demographics quickly and unsustainably. If you say that, then it's a form of "replacement theory."

One can already see where this is going. They'll take a psycho's "manifesto" of a seriously mentally ill person who shot people in a tragic and horrid incident, and they'll overlay that on anything "conservative" or "right wing" (which nowadays is anything right of Mao, and that will be called "hate speech" which must be censored from the internet, lest someone act violently.

You can criticize his solution, but I think we have to recognize there is an issue. This shooter and many others have explicitly said they were radicalized to act by seeing the actions of other shooters on social media. He wanted to radicalize more people and that's why he streamed it on Twitch. He lays out all this in his manifesto. His radicalization through far right memes and prior mass shooters, how he tried to emulated them, and how he acted how he did to try to inspire more people in the same way he was.

You can criticize his solution, but I think we have to recognize there is an issue. This shooter and many others have explicitly said they were radicalized to act by seeing the actions of other shooters on social media. He wanted to radicalize more people and that's why he streamed it on Twitch. He lays out all this in his manifesto. His radicalization through far right memes and prior mass shooters, how he tried to emulated them, and how he acted how he did to try to inspire more people in the same way he was.
I'm not so sure the shooter explicitly said that. Someone PM'd me the "manifesto" - I'm reading through it now. I'll see exactly how accurate the media is on reporting this.

But, limiting the ability to discuss things on social media is not an answer. This shooter was psychotic - a big break from reality. If anyone dropped the ball, it's gotta abe the people he knew in his life -someone knew the guy was crackers, and did nothing about it, that's my guess.

YES! YES! YES!

It is time to update the First Amendment.

No one should be allowed to talk about the Replacement Theory.

No one should be allowed to talk about CRT, either.

The (nominal) President's new disinformation czaress should have the authority to censor any topic that deals with ethnicity.

So, a killer wrote a 180 page "screed" (which I can't find anywhere, and I'd like to read it, so I could know what the hell the guy was writing, rather than rely on the media to tell me what they think it says), and so NY Governor Hochul thinks that nobody should be allowed to talk about "replacement theory."

All we apparently get to know, though, is that the 180 pages consisted of racist memes and slurs, and that he repeatedly talked about "the great replacement" or something. We don't get to read it ourselves now. And, now Hochul wants to make it illegal to refer to any "replacement," which, of course, to Democrats means that nobody should be able to say that illegal immigration is a problem because it's changing American demographics quickly and unsustainably. If you say that, then it's a form of "replacement theory."

One can already see where this is going. They'll take a psycho's "manifesto" of a seriously mentally ill person who shot people in a tragic and horrid incident, and they'll overlay that on anything "conservative" or "right wing" (which nowadays is anything right of Mao, and that will be called "hate speech" which must be censored from the internet, lest someone act violently.
I'm afraid it will have the opposite effect... and the more "very smart" officials censor the replacement theory, the more widespread it will get, especially since if there is really a weakening in migration policy, then...

Hmm, the times have come when prohibitions are chosen instead of enlightenment... how will it all end?

I don't believe that's an accurate quote from Carlson.

Take a look at these verified ones then. they're no better.

Hate speech is not "free" speech if it incites violence.

Never let a crisis go to waste

The first amendment isn't the problem. These are radicalized terrorists. I'm sure that there's legal infrastructure in place to deal with terrorism when white supremacists are the terrorists.

The shooter was anti-Trump. He was anti-Fox News. He was a lefty.

Oh, bullshit.

Every ****ing time one of these great replacement ****nuts kills a bunch of people you lot try to pretend he's a 'lefty'. And provide no evidence whatsoever, even as the authorities are reading out his right wing manifesto.

He's not been arrested for trying to get people free healthcare you know.

Looks like the ADL is responsible for this shooting.

ADL1.jpg

ADL3.jpg

Take a look at these verified ones then. they're no better.

Hate speech is not "free" speech if it incites violence.
That's not an accurate statement of the law, as not only must the speech incite violence it has to actually call for the violence. You aren't committing hate speech just because you say something and it pisses someone off so they act violently. If you weren't yourself calling for violence, then you can't be found responsible for inciting violence.

Here is what Carlson talked about - he doesn't espouse replacement theory - he points out that the Democrats think they win politically if they change the demographics of the US and one quote he cited was Joe Biden saying “An unrelenting stream of immigration, non-stop, non-stop. Folks like me who were Caucasian, of European descent for the first time in 2017 will be in an absolute minority in the United States of America, absolute minority. Fewer than 50% of the people in America from then and on will be White European stock. That’s not a bad thing. That’s as a source of our strength.” Tucker is quoted in the Guardian article you linked to as referring to the Democrats bragging about it.

The links you posted are just opinion pieces from the Left which try to cherry pick and take out of context Carlson's comments. He's not a white supremacist or a racist, but he is the biggest ratings draw on cable news now, so he draws the ire of the Left and they are coming after him with the drumbeat of racist racist racist, because that's the one-trick pony of the Left these days.

YES! YES! YES!

It is time to update the First Amendment.

No one should be allowed to talk about the Replacement Theory.

No one should be allowed to talk about CRT, either.

The (nominal) President's new disinformation czaress should have the authority to censor any topic that deals with ethnicity.
Don't say gay!

Well, here are some clips of him saying similar things.

I've been through all that. He's not said anything racist. What he's saying in every clip is that this is a strategy used by the Democrats - the Democrats like bringing in folks who they think will eventually be new Democrats. And, from what I see, that does appear to be why the Democrats love the open borders.

You don't know he wrote that.
Ahh, so a document describing in detail the weapon used in the attack, a drawing of the store he planned to (and did attack) with detailed plans on how to escape, which also specifically mentions details of his childhood, the area where the shooting happened, and approximate time the shooting would take place happened to drop just before the shooting took place. This document was also mentioned by the shooter on his life stream, was posted by him in his discord, and another similar rant was released alongside it by him in discord.

What a crazy wacky coincidence. The only way in which he didn't write it is many of the more generic portions of it were copy pasted from the Christ Church shooters manifesto.

Back
Top Bottom