• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York Governor Calls for Limits on the First Amendment in Response to Psychotic Killer

I don't believe that's an accurate quote from Carlson.
If not, shame on the poster, as there are plenty of horrible things he has said about immigration. He's becoming like Trump: it's journalistic or Debate Politics malpractice to attribute inaccurate ugly, offensive or bigoted things to either of them, given that they both supply plenty of real offensive statements.

Of course the border. Except with the border other than removing stay in Mexico, he also refuses to enforce the 'policy' on the books. Which is exactly why he gets the blame for the fiasco of the border crossings this and last year.

Here: POLICY

No clue what this even means but ok?

At least you've done some homework but none of these specifically supports your complaint. Of course the administration has immigration policies. They all do.

I want you to show us how these equate to "open borders". Show us why it's bad for the country.

By banging on about it you sound like you're sympathizing with the Buffalo shooter. So while you're at it best show us how you're not.

You can criticize his solution, but I think we have to recognize there is an issue. This shooter and many others have explicitly said they were radicalized to act by seeing the actions of other shooters on social media. He wanted to radicalize more people and that's why he streamed it on Twitch. He lays out all this in his manifesto. His radicalization through far right memes and prior mass shooters, how he tried to emulated them, and how he acted how he did to try to inspire more people in the same way he was.

Huh, sounds a lot like religion, a viral meme that, by design, inspires violence.

We should NEVER make it illegal to be wrong or dumb. The first amendment is there to protect your right to be wrong and my right to say so. But, this is America and we always allow tragedies to corrupt us intellectually. We always trade real liberty for a false security.

For instance, the fascists aren't wrong that the white population is in decline and minorities are a growing demographic. What they're wrong about is that it's a left-wing conspiracy. We need to oppose that perceived division. But, there's a lot of dumb to go around and the left lets it happen too often.

I heard a black woman who is, I believe a Boston Mayoral candidate, talking about how her people need protection and advocated for more segregation. That's a horrible, STUPID idea. The only reason the massacre was so easily perpetrated against black people is because the store, and this nation, was not an integrated place. The shooter knew he had his enemy trapped like fish in a barrel.

I think one thing we can do, as liberals, to help mitigate the violence is to moderate our own language. The binary state of being white or "of color" is an insidious mechanism of division that liberals use to the detriment of our national unity. When someone has one white parent and one black parent, we need to stop calling them black. They are half white and half black, just as others are half Asian and half Latino, or whatever. In this way, we can make it OK to be white or half white, etc. It's the sense that it's NOT OK to be white that is fueling the racist blowback and liberals are as guilty of nurturing that bigotry.

When whiteness is no longer vilified, maybe we can begin to truly look at our nation as a melting pot and be satisfied that our ancestors, whatever their skin color or culture, are an ingredient in making a better American future. If we celebrate the fact that all of the various flavors of humanity were allowed to come here and find opportunity, maybe we can have a collective vision of a country that transcends our petty bigotries.

But, more and more, both sides of the aisle are backward-looking. If that doesn't change, nothing else will.

At least you've done some homework but none of these specifically supports your complaint. Of course the administration has immigration policies. They all do.

I want you to show us how these equate to "open borders". Show us why it's bad for the country.

By banging on about it you sound like you're sympathizing with the Buffalo shooter. So while you're at it best show us how you're not.
For those who don't know or care to consider our legal and treaty obligations, how they are in tension with US right to enforce immigration laws, i.e., those who are unwilling to see the complexity in a complex issue, it comes down to: "Trump good, big wall, Biden bad, open borders."

Back
Top Bottom