• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York Governor Calls for Limits on the First Amendment in Response to Psychotic Killer

it is possible that the shooter intended for copycats to emulate him as he copied the Christchurch shooter.
It is more than possible. I believe he specifically states that was his intent.

The first amendment isn't the problem. These are radicalized terrorists. I'm sure that there's legal infrastructure in place to deal with terrorism when white supremacists are the terrorists.
NYS has its own domestic terrorism law but the Republicans in Congress rejected a proposed bill to pass one. Bill Barr said there were technical concerns but refused to divulge what those "technicalities" were. Why not divulge the concerns so the bill could have been tweaked hmmm......

Republican Senators Shut Down Domestic Terrorism Bill Designed To Tackle White Supremacy Over 'Technical Concerns'​

Republican leaders in the Senate have shut down a bill that would create a domestic terrorism law, something civil rights leaders and federal authorities have begged the government to create, according to HuffPost.
The United States has no domestic terrorism law, making it difficult for federal authorities to levy charges against groups committing acts of terror across the country, particularly white nationalist or white supremacist groups that have been at the center of dozens of recent attacks, as Blavity previously reported.

A recent report from the Department of Homeland Security called white supremacy "the most persistent and lethal threat in the homeland," and acknowledges the startling expansion of organized white supremacist groups across the country.

But on Friday, Senator Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) blocked Senator Dick Durbin from advancing his "Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act." Johnson said on the senate floor that he was following orders from the Department of Justice to block the bill. He said the domestic terrorism bill would somehow seriously impede their ability to work in the domestic terrorism space.

A spokesman for the Justice Department, which is headed by controversial Attorney General Bill Barr, told HuffPost that they had "technical concerns" about the bill, but would not explain what the concerns are.

In a statement on his website, Durbin slammed President Donald Trump and senior Republicans for their repeated inability to separate themselves from white nationalism and white supremacist terrorism.

Durbin cited the recent controversy over Trump telling members of a white nationalist group to "stand back and stand by" during a presidential debate last week.

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy that's all. There's about zero chance few hungry asylum seekers and migrant laborers will displace Americans.

But if you truly believe in the gweat wepwacement I'm sure I can drum up some other meme to show how dumb that is too.
Might I also remind you they are also referring to black Americans but I guess they are still perceived as 3/5 a human by some .............. and some Mexican Americans have been here since before "America" was founded

free speech is not the problem......stupidity is the problem.......the only way to combat stupidity is education......and education is what we have turned our backs on since Reagan

I'm afraid it will have the opposite effect... and the more "very smart" officials censor the replacement theory, the more widespread it will get, especially since if there is really a weakening in migration policy, then...

Hmm, the times have come when prohibitions are chosen instead of enlightenment... how will it all end?
Not until manipulation below the level of cognition is addressed, as college degrees and the multi- billion dollar industries that hire graduates are the source of all of our current divide.

Emotions trump reason. Always have.

Might I also remind you they are also referring to black Americans but I guess they are still perceived as 3/5 a human by some .............. and some Mexican Americans have been here since before "America" was founded
Of course immigrants are just their gateway drug to stomping all minorities out. The 4chan crowd here think they can slip it past us by claiming they're worried about "the border".

How many is too many? 5%-10-20% per year?
So far we have an estimated 10-20 Million here already, and we gained (this year alone) another over 1 million. That simply isn't sustainable.

Now you're moving the goalposts. Sorry the numbers don't scare me at all. Where's the paper trail for this alleged 'open border' policy? Nobody's been able to explain what it is.

Since no one here was alive during the Jackson's administration's genocide of the native americans, i'm wondering who exactly, you're calling out.

no chance of it happening, and yet you're a hypocrite if you oppose it?

I'm didn't invade demographic statistics mate. I can understand if you think this is a good thing, but what i can't understand, is why deny it's even happening? Either it's happening and it's a good thing, or it's not happening at all. Take your pick.
You're all over the place. The hypocrisy is descendants of invaders whining about immigrants, period.

We understand there's a demographic shift taking place but that does not equal the Gweat Wepwacement.

This isn't effing 4chan.

This is the Democrat strategy. They pretend that Tucker Carlson is espousing a Great Replacement theory which is that Jews or other minorities are purposefully trying to push out white people and "replace them." And, what Carlson is actually saying is exactly what the Democrats themselves are saying - which is that demographic shifts are fundamentally changing the electorate. He's very clear on what he's saying and even said last night "if you just play the clips of Democrats in their own words, they call you a crazy conspiracy theorist..." or words to that effect. Replacement theory in the racist sense is the idea that "inferior" peoples are coming in to "replace" white people. Yet Carlson never said anyone was inferior. What he pointed out was that there are demographic shifts in the electorate and he uses the exact words the Democrats use - playing videos of them gleeflully describing how the demographic shifts benefit them. Then the Democrats want to shut down the discussion by, of course, screaming racism.

That's why I ****ing hate the Democrats these days. It's all bullshit claims of racism and the sky is falling because everyone is a supremacist and a phobe. **** the **** off ****ing Democrat ****s.
Well people who subscribe to Carlson's fear mongering all too often these days are taking up their AR penis substitutes and acting on the impulses you've just expressed here.

I've been through all that. He's not said anything racist. What he's saying in every clip is that this is a strategy used by the Democrats - the Democrats like bringing in folks who they think will eventually be new Democrats. And, from what I see, that does appear to be why the Democrats love the open borders.
You don't even realize that you are stating white nationalist replacement theory.

Meta moment: the topic has in places naturally wandered toward immigration in general.

It now seems to me there a number of posters here trying to sneak the 'great replacement' into the conversation without naming it so (but doing a piss poor job of hiding it). This appears to be used as a tacit excuse to justify the hate speech that leads to such massacres and to an extent therefore, the motivations of the killers themselves.

Of course immigrants are just their gateway drug to stomping all minorities out.

Now you're moving the goalposts.

You're all over the place.

people who subscribe to Carlson's fear mongering all too often these days are taking up their AR penis substitutes and acting on the impulses you've just expressed here.

The first sentence of each of your consecutive posts does precisely what you accused the person of doing in your prior post. And, it's downright hilarious.

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::love::ROFLMAO::p

Now you're moving the goalposts. Sorry the numbers don't scare me at all. Where's the paper trail for this alleged 'open border' policy? Nobody's been able to explain what it is.
What goal posts got set?
Why on earth would there be a paper trail for something that they want to deny?
The simple fact that they caused the border surges during their campaigning and the simple fact that they haven't done anything to stop or slow it from happening is all their is to go on. The proof is in that pudding.
The numbers don't scare you. Great! But clearly they do scare others, economically and socially not feasible at the rate it is growing.

You don't even realize that you are stating white nationalist replacement theory.
No. Because the white nationalist replacement theory theorizes that there is a "replacement" by an inferior ethnic group and whites are superior. It is not "white nationalist" to acknowledge that the Democrats are facilitating a change in demographics under their belief that the demographic shift will benefit them.

Well people who subscribe to Carlson's fear mongering all too often these days are taking up their AR penis substitutes and acting on the impulses you've just expressed here.
That's complete nonsense. "All too often?" Not in the least. A couple of crackpots like this who subscribed to odd beliefs in a 180 page "manifesto" is not "often."

What goal posts got set?
Why on earth would there be a paper trail for something that they want to deny?
The simple fact that they caused the border surges during their campaigning and the simple fact that they haven't done anything to stop or slow it from happening is all their is to go on. The proof is in that pudding.
The numbers don't scare you. Great! But clearly they do scare others, economically and socially not feasible at the rate it is growing.
There can't be a 'policy' without documentation. If they wanted to deny it, it certainly wouldn't be a 'policy' - more of a plot. Good luck proving that.

So if there is, as you assert, an 'open border policy' where is it? More or fewer people cross the border legally or illegally every year: just pointing to the latest numbers does not demonstrate a 'policy'.

• Was there a platform or statement asserting the borders would be open or relaxed?
  • Any laws or bills proposed or passed?
  • Executive orders signed?
  • Checkpoints closed or barriers removed?
  • Paperwork requirements waived?
  • Orders given to border staff and agents?

Any combination of these constitutes a 'policy' so show us please. Or tell us what other concrete measures the Biden Administration has taken to 'open' the border?

You could also tell us why it matters to this thread. But without answers to these questions, you have no 'policy'. It's time to admit that people like Tucker Carlson simply prey on the feeling that a democratic president must by default be lax on immigration, without providing a shred of evidence.

And suckers like this shooter fall for it every day - sometimes with tragic consequences.

That's complete nonsense. "All too often?" Not in the least. A couple of crackpots like this who subscribed to odd beliefs in a 180 page "manifesto" is not "often."
Sadly it is often - as compared to other wealthy, democratic nations. They all have fewer mass shootings per capita, per year, or any other reasonable metric.

And it is too often.

No. Because the white nationalist replacement theory theorizes that there is a "replacement" by an inferior ethnic group and whites are superior. It is not "white nationalist" to acknowledge that the Democrats are facilitating a change in demographics under their belief that the demographic shift will benefit them.
But perfectly legal

You don't see the potential for abuse? How one side or the other can use things like this to stifle the political views of their opposition?
We’re already being abused by the persuasion industries. Whose entire business is to cause people to misapprehend the situation at hand. To accept what they would reject or reject what they would embrace if it was simply explained honestly.

Emotions trump reason in our species. And all of our little glitches have been mapped over the last hundred years. Now, the desired emotional response can be delivered to their customers in a predictable, repeatable percentage of a target demographic. That’s how they measure success. How they market to their customers.

And as all campaigns are designed this way, no politician wants to talk about it lest they lose their next election.

This topic is why I came here a decade ago. Trying to warn people about this. How it was being done.

And I was mocked quite soundly. Even though it turned out I was right. January 6th was a perfect example of how lies can be transformed into belief by manipulation below the level of cognition.

So, I don’t think addressing it would be worse than allowing it. Because that’s how tyranny happens in the modern world. And we see the trend right in front of us.

Desantis and the Florida republican legislature is violating the first amendment blatantly in regards to Disney. Yet one side cheered them while crying about people being banned from twitter.

How many is too many? 5%-10-20% per year?
So far we have an estimated 10-20 Million here already, and we gained (this year alone) another over 1 million. That simply isn't sustainable.

"The Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) is an anti-immigration think tank and a SPLC designated hate group. It favors far lower immigration numbers, and produces analyses to further those views. The CIS was founded by historian Otis L. Graham and eugenicist and white nationalist John Tanton."

"...Reports published by CIS have been disputed by scholars on immigration, fact-checkers and news outlets, and immigration-research organizations. The organization had significant influence within the Trump administration,[3] which cited the group's work to defend its immigration policies.[4] The Southern Poverty Law Center designated CIS as a hate group with ties to the American nativist movement.[5] CIS's lawsuit against the SPLC over the designation was dismissed.[6][7][8]"

Back
Top Bottom