• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York Attorney General takes initial step to prepare to seize Trump assets

HenryChinaski

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal

The New York attorney general’s office has filed judgments in Westchester County, the first indication that the state is preparing to try to seize Donald Trump’s golf course and private estate north of Manhattan, known as Seven Springs.

State lawyers entered the judgments with the clerk’s office in Westchester County on March 6, just one week after Judge Arthur Engoron made official his $464 million decision against Trump, his sons Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump, and the Trump Organization.
Entering a judgment would be the first step a creditor would take to attempt to recover property. Additional steps, such as putting liens on assets or moving to foreclose on properties, or taking other actions in court would follow, if the asset is going to be seized.

The judgment is already entered in New York city where Trump’s properties including Trump Tower, his penthouse at Trump Tower, 40 Wall Street, his hotel abutting Central Park, and numerous apartment buildings are located.

We'll see in the end, I still am not convinced that Trump is just grandstanding on all of this and in the end will secure bond. But we have to see.

There's much that can happen between now [3:30 PM EDT, 3/21/24] and the 25th of this month.
Or, not.

Trump has 4 days. He's been spectacularly unsuccessful at getting his way with the appeals courts. They're not going to lower his bond. At this point, it's all over except for Trump's Final Meltdown on Lie Social.

There's much that can happen between now [3:30 PM EDT, 3/21/24] and the 25th of this month. Odds are that somewhere there's a judge who will review an appeal and issue an order to halt the proceedings.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.
I thought that Trump needed to post a bond for the full amount in order to file an appeal. Am I mistaken?

We'll see in the end, I still am not convinced that Trump is just grandstanding on all of this and in the end will secure bond. But we have to see.
He did try that with the Carroll judgement. But his attorneys are already on record saying it's impossible to post the bond, and Engoron already granted the court-appointed monitor the ability to review this whole process.

I seriously doubt he's able to post the bond.

He did try that with the Carroll judgement. But his attorneys are already on record saying it's impossible to post the bond, and Engoron already granted the court-appointed monitor the ability to review this whole process.

I seriously doubt he's able to post the bond.
It's a lot, and perhaps he is unable, we'll see by the deadline what happens. I just wouldn't be surprised if Trump is grandstanding and trying to use that as an excuse for fundraising and whipping his MAGA commies into a frenzy.

The democrat heart is a dark evil un-American vacant lot.

And that relates to the topic how?

I really sympathize.

It must be ungodly painful to have to absorb this truth about the biggest liar in history after having drank the cool aid.

But do the res of us a favor and suffer in silence. Trump and his boasting, blathering bullshit puppets have had their day.

He's done and so are you.

If you need a quiet corner and some time, we understand. We've all made mistakes, just never as hopelessly inane and stupid as the ones we're talking about

I thought that Trump needed to post a bond for the full amount in order to file an appeal. Am I mistaken?
I think he is talking about a more nuanced appeal, which would be to seek a stay to temporarily stop the lien and foreclosure proceedings. Essentially to give Trump more time to post the bond.

I think he is talking about a more nuanced appeal, which would be to get a stay to temporarily stop the lien and foreclosure proceedings. Essentially to give Trump more time.
Oh, interesting. I wonder what the basis for such a appeal would be?

And that relates to the topic how?

I really sympathize.

It must be ungodly painful to have to absorb this truth about the biggest liar in history after having drank the cool aid.

But do the res of us a favor and suffer in silence. Trump and his boasting, blathering bullshit puppets have had their day.

He's done and so are you.

If you need a quiet corner and some time, we understand. We've all made mistakes, just never as hopelessly inane and stupid as the ones we're talking about
Cool gaslighting. Some very talented creatures here.

There's much that can happen between now [3:30 PM EDT, 3/21/24] and the 25th of this month. Odds are that somewhere there's a judge who will review an appeal and issue an order to halt the proceedings.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.
In Texas for sure, but this ain't Texas... ✌️

Back
Top Bottom