• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

new Text Msgs Reveal FBI Agent was Friends with Judge in Flynn Case

Let me know when this becomes a real story and the DOJ has filed some charges.

Sara Carter's opinion is nice, but not worth anything.

But in a perfect world, the FBI would be shut down and every agent punished, because, well, HILLARY!

What amazes me is the FBI handed the election to Trump by announcing they were investigating Hillary, again. We now know that they were looking at Trump even then and said nothing, but for a certain crowd the FBI is rotten to the corps and allied with Hillary.

And they let these people vote

New Text Msgs Reveal FBI Agent was Friends with Judge in Flynn Case

https://saraacarter.com/explosive-text-messages-reveal-judge-in-flynn-case-was-friends-with-strzok/

Page: “Thought of it because you had to Google FISC judges and him there. I’m telling you.”

Strzok: “….She brought up a good point about being circumspect in talking to him in terms of not placing him into a situation where he’d have to recuse himself.”

Page: “I can’t imagine you either one of you could talk about anything in detail meaningful enough to warrant recusal.” Page then goes back to discussing a different issue saying, “Anyway, maybe you meant to, but didn’t.’

Strzok “Really? Rudy. I’m in charge of espionage for the FBI. Any espionage FISA comes before him, what should he do? Given his friend oversees them?

Page: “Standards for recusal are quite high. I just don’t think this poses an actual conflict. And he doesn’t know what you do?”

Strzok: “Generally he does know what I do. Not the level or scope or area but he’s super thoughtful and rigorous about ethics and conflicts. (redacted) suggested a social setting with others would probably be better than a one on one meeting. I’m sorry, I’m just going to have to invite you to that cocktail party. Of course, you’ll be there. Have to come up with some other work people cover for action.”

Page: “Why more? Six is a perfectly fine dinner party.”

:lamo First, how AWESOME is Sarah Carter ??? SO awesome !! Second, this is really bad news. Contreras was a Obama appointee and on the FISA court when the FBI submitted Hillary funded opposition research corroborated with a Yahoo article to obtain FISA warrants to spy on the opposition candidate and his staff during a election year. He was also forced to recuse himself from overseeing Flynn's case, and now we know why.

Just think, had Hillary won we would have NEVER found out about any of this. Sztrok would have received a promotion, Bruce Ohr would be our new AG and Andrew McCabe the new FBI director. Man did we ever dodge a bullet or what !! :lol:

Oh, and McCabe should be officially fired either today or tomorrow and as we await the release of the IG's report the Left can continue focusing on non-issues like Don Jr's divorce or rehashed stories about Trump Org

Please.... people can be friendly AND professional. Washington really is not that big a town. People socialize on Friday and get to work on Monday. You are trying to make something out of nothing.

This whole Carter Page narrative has been a complete "nothingburger" from day one. What difference does any of it make? It doesn't matter if the dossier was used or not; it doesn't matter who paid for it; whether or not it was verified.... Carter Page was a bad dude that was already watched. Trump choose to surround himself with people that should have been watched, for that he was an idiot, as most people going to the White House work to ensure their advisors are beyond reproach.

The quest to protect Trump becomes more pathetic with each egregious sin we learn about. Continue to defend the indefensible if it helps you sleep at night. Maybe its time for another Benghazi investigation.

Last edited:
Right, there's a hundred anti-Trump click bait threads that you would feel right at home in
Your TDS will go absolutely unchallenged there.

Let me know when this becomes a real story and the DOJ has filed some charges.

Sara Carter's opinion is nice, but not worth anything.

But in a perfect world, the FBI would be shut down and every agent punished, because, well, HILLARY!

Sara Carters opinion ? These text between Sztrok and Page aren't hypothetical, they're not a figment of someone's imagination either.

Please.... people can be friendly AND professional. Washington really is not that big a town.

The quest to protect Trump becomes more pathetic with each egregious sin we learn about. Continue to defend the indefensible if it helps you sleep at night. Maybe its time for another Benghazi investigation.

This really has nothing to do with Trump

It's fun to watch you run around in circles, desperately trying to cite anything you can to continue the fantasy of FBI corruption, spazzing out when it never sticks.

:lamo

So Wray should rehire McCabe immediately, and Sztrok and Bruce Ohr should be promoted, because now FBI corruption is a " fantasy " and Russian / Trump collusion is real

Sara Carters opinion ? These text between Sztrok and Page aren't hypothetical, they're not a figment of someone's imagination either.

So has anyone been charged with any crimes yet? I may have missed it - or what the issue is. Someone is friends with a judge? Okay. I didn't know they couldn't do that.

:lamo

So Wray should rehire McCabe immediately, and Sztrok and Bruce Ohr should be promoted, because now FBI corruption is a " fantasy " and Russian / Trump collusion is real

Newp. Didn't say anything like that at all. I merely addressed your desperation to portray the FBI as corrupt.

One, I don't see anything in there that is in any way inappropriate. Judges have friends, sometimes they have lawyer friends, even family members appear before them on cases.

They aren't justices because they wear black robes, they are justices who know and love the law and, in most cases can set their biases aside. If ANY of the parties involved had an issue in the case need only launch a challenge and they get a different judge.

Two, based on your record and poisonous loathing for anything Hillary I can easily dismiss the whole topic here.

Look, Obama has retired, just like war monger Bush and skirt chaser Clinton. Hillary is the most unpopular politician in the galaxy, not only is she horrible, but she piloted her ship to the bottom. She has the political power of a blade of grass in December.

You can stop harping at the wind any time. It's gotten kinda sick

Indeed.

They only have to recuse themselves in certain circumstances. There is no presumption that a judge (always previously a lawyer) is inescapably biased simply because they knew or were friends with an attorney before them.

Newp. Didn't say anything like that at all. I merely addressed your desperation to portray the FBI as corrupt.

When did I say the FBI was corrupt ? Top FBI and DOJ officials were obviously corrupt and these text messages are just the tip of the iceberg

Hell, the IGs report hasn't even been released yet.

And CNN flew to Thailand to interview a Russian prostitute / sex offender and went dumpster diving at a Russian troll farm in St Petersburg and after 14 months with no evidence, youre still holding out hope that Trump colluded with Russia

You people personify desperation, so glass houses and all...

When did I say the FBI was corrupt ? Top FBI and DOJ officials were obviously corrupt and these text messages are just the tip of the iceberg

Why try and play word games when you have absolutely no talent in doing so? You just embarrass yourself that way.
Hell, the IGs report hasn't even been released yet.

Irrelevant.
And CNN flew to Thailand to interview a Russian prostitute / sex offender and went dumpster diving at a Russian troll farm in St Petersburg and after 14 months with no evidence, youre still holding out hope that Trump colluded with Russia

Irrelevant.
You people personify desperation, so glass houses and all...

Your desperation is just sad.

Didn't we just go through "Secret Society"

no, we're not done yet

the deputy director, chief of counterintel, chief of counterespionage, 2 deputy ag's, fbi general counsel, public affairs director, james comey's chief of staff...

and a dozen other denizens of hoover's seventh floor

all gone

remember?

and more to come

nunes phase 2---foggy bottom and ci

Someone had a friend? OMG, collusion, lock her up!

LOL!

it aint nunes who invented collusion

she had a friend, alright, fisc judge rudolph contreras, who also happened to be presiding over the flynn prosecution

pete called him "rudy"

the lovers planned to arrange a dinner for him, but we gotta be "circumspect in talking to him in terms of not placing him into a situation where he’d have to recuse himself

5 days after pete and lisa's first text was published, rudy recused himself from flynn

Strzok-Page texts reveal personal relationship between FBI official and judge recused from Flynn case | Fox News

but that's just the beginning

stay tuned

based on your record and poisonous loathing for anything Hillary I can easily dismiss the whole topic here

rudy recused himself from flynn on 12-8-17

the judge who replaced him is emmit g sullivan

sullivan is a known stickler on discovery cuz he got burned so bad by doj 10 years ago when senator ted stevens was falsely charged, drummed out of the senate, he died in a plane crash, but was ultimately exonerated---posthumously

aquitted by sullivan

most germaine is sullivan blasted doj in the stevens case for "outrageous" failure to disclose (among other things)

4 Prosecutors in Stevens Case Held in Contempt - The New York Times

sullivan took over flynn on 12-8

he immediately shook things up

Judicial order in Flynn case prompts new round of scrutiny | TheHill

his concern---discovery

Last edited:
What amazes me is the FBI handed the election to Trump by announcing they were investigating Hillary, again.
iLOL

Please substantiate your claim by showing all these folks who would have voted for her but for this FBI announcement.

Politics is so partisan these days that it is doubtful that the announcement convinced any significant number of people to change their minds.

As for the subject of this thread.
Clearly folks do not understand what an "appearance of impropriety" means.

the fantasy of FBI corruption

and then there's weissman

failure to disclose in 5th circuit, failure to disclose before scotus (he lost 9-0), written up by rehnquist over disclosure and inventing crimes that don't exist, written up by judge hughes for "corrupt legal practices"

District Court Judge Lynn N. Hughes read the evidence and expressed incredulity that Mr. Calger was pleading guilty.

According to a court transcript, Judge Hughes grilled Linda Lacewell, one of Mr. Weissmann’s prosecutors. He asked her repeatedly to explain what the actual crime was. He said Enron lost no money, there were no bribes and the basic mechanism for the sale of some electric turbines was legal.

Ms. Lacewell said Enron should never have put proceeds on its balance sheets, echoing the 2003 prosecution of Merrill Lynch people in the Nigerian barge transaction.

The judge: “You don’t know the difference between their capital and their current income transaction?”

And he said, “But we do know that this transaction could not have been a tax avoidance scheme, right?”

Ms. Lacewell: “That’s right.”

She then said the plea was to wire fraud, not taxes. To that, Judge Hughes said the task force was trying to criminalize a private transaction to which all parties agreed.

“So you want to convert every default by a corporate officer into a wire fraud case,” he said.

When she explained the deal, the judge replied bluntly, “That’s not wire fraud.”

When she asserted that it was, Judge Hughes lashed out at the task force.

“According to your employer, everything is wire fraud,” he said. “It’s a far cry from what the statute was intended to do when it was adopted.”

But Mr. Calger persisted. He wanted to plead guilty, to which the judge said, “There’s no factual basis for your plea.”

The judge did not know then, but his spot courtroom lecture proved prescient. A year later, the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals came to the same conclusion and ruled in the Merrill case that there was no wire fraud.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/oct/22/christopher-wray-robert-muellers-top-prosecutor-kn/

party on, pubescents

You are aware there was more than one judge involved right?

that's the problem

steele lied to the fbi

and the bureau re-submitted the app 3 times, knowing its source had lied to them

steele's in a lot of trouble

Dossier Author Christopher Steele Ordered To | The Daily Caller

the last time he testified in london he called his dossier "raw," a "work in progress," "subsourced thru intermediaries"

his real problem tho is grassley

stay tuned

Sara Carter's opinion is nice

sara carter is not an editorialist

she's an award winning investigative reporter who appears on cspan, bbc, usatoday, usnwr, cnn and many others

A court memorandum and order, which has never been made public before it was obtained by this reporter, reveals that Chief Judge Charles P. Sifton, who presided over the case, reprimanded Weissmann for failing to disclose that Gregory Scarpa, Sr., a witness on behalf of the prosecution, was also working for years as an FBI informant. Scarpa’s moniker in the mafia underworld was ‘grim reaper’ and ‘Hannibal.’ He was accused of being connected to more than 100 gruesome murders related to his work for the Persico faction of the Colombo mafia crime family, reports stated.

Sifton denied the defendants’ the extraordinary relief of dismissing the case, but he singled out Weissmann for withholding information. The judge described then AUSA Weissmann’s conduct as the “myopic withholding of information” and “reprehensible and subject, perhaps, to appropriate disciplinary measures,” according to the opinion obtained by this reporter.

Evidence suggested that Scarpa was involved in a personal relationship with his FBI handler, Lindley DeVecchio. DeVeccio, who was also a witness in a case connected to the Persico case.

Weissmann had DeVecchio testify against Michael Sessa, a captain in the Colombo family, despite knowing DeVecchio was under investigation by the FBI for his relationship with Scarpa. Weissmann and his team failed to disclose that to the courts and presented him as a solid witness in the case, according to Schoen and court documents.

https://saraacarter.com/muellers-pi...nn-busted-withholding-evidence-previous-case/

presented him as a solid witness, huh?

kinda like steele

if you're a liberal, you're supposed to come from a long line of honoring and defending civil liberties

law enforcement run amok used to bother principled people

but trump is kinda a pig, i can't deny it, much as i support him

so piss on your liberties, trump deserves it

party on

Lol....Yes, as evidenced by your irrelevant and thoughtless reply, these latest text are that incriminating

I mean if there's nothing to them, then explain why Contreras was forced to recuse himself from overseeing Flynns case

Oh you'll get your vindictive firing by baby tantrum throwin Trumpotard, but this is not the "nation rocking scandal" you so desperately want it to be.

yeah - because judges cannot have any friends in other white collar law related fields. :doh:roll:

That's what you got out of that? Seriously?

You connect dots that don't exist to lynch Trump. You review the conspiratorial planning to obstruct justice laid out in the words of the conspirators and see nothing. Wow!

Does your impartiality know no beginning?

Someone had a friend? OMG, collusion, lock her up!

You guys.

There is far less to motivate the Trump "investigation" and that rages on.

"Trump Investigation" says it all. They are not investigating a crime to see whodunnit. They are investigating a hated individual to see if there's anything they can hang on him.

The abuse of power in this is astonishing.

That's what you got out of that? Seriously?

You connect dots that don't exist to lynch Trump. You review the conspiratorial planning to obstruct justice laid out in the words of the conspirators and see nothing. Wow!

Does your impartiality know no beginning?

What so called "dots that don't exist" are you talking about?

what so called "dots that don't exist" are you talking about?

Every bogus, untrue and unsupported piece of crap rumor used to justify the witch hunt.

What amazes me is the FBI handed the election to Trump by announcing they were investigating Hillary, again. We now know that they were looking at Trump even then and said nothing, but for a certain crowd the FBI is rotten to the corps and allied with Hillary.

And they let these people vote

Not sure who you're talking about here--to whom would you deny the vote? And by "corps" (rather than "core"), I'm assuming you mean "rank-and-file." If so, I disagree. The rank-and-file aren't part of this.

Back
Top Bottom