• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [5:15 am CDT] - in 15 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New omicron variant is one of the most infectious diseases ever known

Other variants (like delta) warranted more concern.
The hype is this is a Delta Omicron hybrid with the implication that it’s at least as contagious as Omicron and as deadly as Delta. People are shrugging their shoulders as they should. Maybe Fauci will emerge from hiding and try to gin up some real hysteria.

So just because measles is highly contagious means it has an exclusive on being contagious?
Measles is far more contagious than Covid. Not even in the same league.

You believe the science behind the identification and statistics on the new COVID strain is "hype"?
You do realize how silly that sounds?
that guy just churns out the propaganda.

Measles is far more contagious than Covid. Not even in the same league.

Once again your hyperbole is incorrect.

Your article was from Jul 16, 2020

Facts are hype?
Facts must be weighed, especially when there are contradictory "facts" being presented. I guess you have never been in a courtroom?

I think that most Americans have been pushed to the breaking point and are now just ignoring the news about COVID.

I live in Los Angeles, where -- I believe -- the schools still require masks inside the classroom.

And most Americans will stoically continue wearing masks on forms of transportation, etc.

It's been two horrific years that have broken the spirit of a lot of people.

So I guess that they are responding by tuning out on the latest alarms.

I guess most people have adopted the "Learn to live with COVID" trend.

(Heard that even authoritarian China is once again experiencing surges in Hong Kong and other cities.)
If you follow recommended guidelines, be careful and get all your vaccines, no one should have 'to learn to live with Covid.' I have been living for 27 or 28 months without ever catching Covid. A few very minor inconveniences are all.

Personally, I appreciate any warnings about a new strain or variant. Keeps us on our toes.

If you follow recommended guidelines, be careful and get all your vaccines, no one should have 'to learn to live with Covid.' I have been living for 27 or 28 months without ever catching Covid. A few very minor inconveniences are all.

Personally, I appreciate any warnings about a new strain or variant. Keeps us on our toes.
Covid is like the new

“We’re here, we’re queer, get used to it!”​

Here we go again? Mask and mandates return or nothing but hype to keep us afraid? I’m thinking hype.

“A new strain of omicron coronavirus, believed to be among the most infectious diseases known to mankind, is predicted to causeanother nationwide surgei of cases during autumn.”

Don't be surprised if the Biden administration goes back to Covid trying to get some kind of win on an issue. Worst President in the history of the nation.

Don't be surprised if the Biden administration goes back to Covid trying to get some kind of win on an issue. Worst President in the history of the nation.
Interesting how the claim is this variant will take hold this autumn, right before the next election.

The hype is this is a Delta Omicron hybrid with the implication that it’s at least as contagious as Omicron and as deadly as Delta. People are shrugging their shoulders as they should. Maybe Fauci will emerge from hiding and try to gin up some real hysteria.

Can you quote that from your OP article? It has a paywall and I couldnt read it. Source the bold in your quote?

Or.......as contagious as Delta and as deadly as Omicron.......nothing in the information implies either. There is simply not enough data to provide answers. In the meantime I'll " stay calm and carry on".

The cdc "Omicron infection generally causes less severe disease than infection with prior variants. Preliminary data suggest that Omicron may cause more mild disease" https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/variants/omicron-variant.html

All those who say it is as deadly as delta are clearly lying to you. Should not be taken seriously
Old news.
No one is saying that omicron has a CFR similar to delta-although because so many more people are infected the total deaths caused by omicron may be higher.

one of the most infectious diseases ever known​

Hype meant to keep us afraid.
Are you afraid? Most normal people aren't; we're simply careful and responsible. That isn't 'fear' but common sense; a concept which conservatives seem to have abandoned in favour of macho posturing. Didn't stop them dying...

Amazing .

Moronic is not even as virulent as the common cold but hysterical Americans treat it as though it was Smallpox or Marburg ( coming later ? )

Great that it so infectious -- herd immunity against the common cold will arrive that much quicker .

P.S. Heard about Long Moronic Covid ? Does not hang around for long .

I’m more worried about Deltacron. Even the name sends shivers down my spine.

It’s gonna be a cold dark winter for the unvaccinated. I predict this will wipe out the remaining Q population.

Fauci Derangement Syndrome

We need a telethon to help those afflicted with something so silly

Amazing .

Moronic is not even as virulent as the common cold but hysterical Americans treat it as though it was Smallpox or Marburg ( coming later ? )

Great that it so infectious -- herd immunity against the common cold will arrive that much quicker .

P.S. Heard about Long Moronic Covid ? Does not hang around for long .

More intentional ignorance being spewed by a disinformation agent.

Back
Top Bottom