• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New arrest warrant for Kyle Rittenhouse....

For self-defense? You realize this is bad for justice if you can be persecuted in this manner for defending Your Life you could be persecuted in this manner for anything.

If they didn't want their kids to be killed they should have raised them with better morality than to attack a 17-year-old boy.

It doesn’t even have to be an issue of morality, just common sense. Don’t chase the scared kid with the large gun.

This hasn’t aged so well.
There's a lot of that. This is just the first page, and not everything that could have qualified:
lol....this kid is going to have a long future in the houses of corrections.

He did go out to a bar for three beers with the local proud boys, wearing a "Free as ****!" tee shirt! They should have pulled him in then.
He didn't break a law or violate any conditions of his release then, so the judge said that would have been illegal.
Where you are living is a paperwork issue? Wanna bet whether the judge views it as a paperwork issue?
Judge said it was a minor paperwork error.

That's right and until the verdict is reached, it's neither murder or self defense.

Actually, since there’s no verdict yet, the presumption at this point is that it’s not murder until it’s proven to be.

It doesn’t even have to be an issue of morality, just common sense. Don’t chase the scared kid with the large gun.
I always wonder why they call it common sense because it doesn't seem that common.
Maybe people have it they're just dishonest with themselves.

Is it self defense then?
It is until the prosecution proves beyond a reasonable doubt he killed with malice aforethought and not in self defense.

Is it self defense then?

As he stands right now, he is presumed to be not guilty of anything he’s been charged with or will be charged with so it is inaccurate to say there’s no been no determination of murder one way or the other, there is and that is that he is not guilty.

It is until the prosecution proves beyond a reasonable doubt he killed with malice aforethought and not in self defense.

Exactly. I think people think the defense has to prove the self defense. For Rittenhouse to be convicted of murder, the prosecution has to disprove self defense beyond a reasonable doubt. If there any reasonable doubt as to whether it’s self defense, it has to be an acquittal.

And I said him being a minor doesn't make it a straw purchase! What does is the exchange of money. Got it?
I had it long before you joined the thread.
You included him being a minor as what made it a straw purchase. As I responded before the ATF says the a minor can be gifted a gun. With some stipulations. A gun can also be gifted to anyone. What makes a transaction a strawman purchase is the exchange of funds. Happy to fix your misguided mess.
Wrong. I made the point, at least 3 times, that what made it a straw man purchase was Rittenhouse, a minor and therefore not legally permitted to purchase a firearm for himself, giving his money to Black to buy it for him.

And, just for clarity sake, how could it be possible for the gun to be a “gift” when Rittenhouse gave Black the money to buy the gun for him?
Actually, Rittenhouse claims that he gave the money to a 19 year old friend in WI to make an illegal straw man purchase.

Yep, a 19 year old friend illegally purchased (straw man) the M&P15 for Rittenhouse.
Allegations?

The word/s of the owners, and possibly witnesses to the purported request for help, is the only way to prove or disprove Black’s claim.

It was a straw man purchase because Rittenhouse, 17 years old at the time, was prohibited by WI law from purchasing any firearm.

He and his buddy, Black, knew this which is why on the night of the killings, Black told Rittenhouse that he was going to be in more trouble (Black was assuming that Rittenhouse’s shootings were justified).

“He remembered telling Rittenhouse as they drove back to Antioch: “Dude, I think I'm going to be in more trouble than you because you defended yourself. In all reality, you’re not supposed to have that gun.”

And as for your erroneous assertion that Rittenhouse was legally in possession of the firearm when he killed two and injured a third, the section cited below states the only instances in which it would be legal for him to have the firearm in his physical possession.

“3 (a) This section does not apply to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a dangerous weapon when the dangerous weapon is being used in target practice under the supervision of an adult or in a course of instruction in the traditional and proper use of the dangerous weapon under the supervision of an adult

Note - the list of legally allowed occasions does not include providing security during a protest or riot.

You’re wrong, ASHES. Completely wrong. You are either being deliberately disingenuous or just plain thickheaded. Either way, I’m done debating with you.
Please, pull your head out.

Back
Top Bottom