• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Netherlands put green bullshit to grave, plan 3 to 10 new nuclear power plants

Thousands died from Fukushima and Chernobyl

NIMBY
No they didn't. 1 died from Fukishima, thousands have been estimated to have died from radiation linked cancers from Chernobyl but few can be positively certain from there. Fewer than 100 can be directly absolutely linked to Chernobyl.

Far more die from other power related accidents. And some of those still also give off radiation and leak toxic chemicals.

I lived basically on two. Certainly closer than almost anyone's backyard could possibly be. In fact, would you want coal mining or a coal reactor in your backyard? What about a solar or wind farm right there?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

we are using under water Turbines as part of our renewables mix .... we have the potential for almost unlimited power generation a scheme is underway between northern Scotland and the Orkney's where 22 undersee Turbines at the cost of £2 billion can generate as much as a 60 - 75% of our energy needs in Scotland and if they did a similar scheme between the outer and inner Hebrides the power generation would be insane and it's all year round

the undersee turbines are anchored to the sea bed
How many fish and other marine life gets chopped up?

Nuclear power is very safe, compared to most other power sources and not nearly as "dirty" as many think.

Please present evidence on claim about nuclear sites. Chernobyl allows for people in the area now.

And looking above, it appears most of your complaints are about money, costs, not effectiveness, safety, reliability, how green it is.

Guess which cost less, nuclear, coal, or natural gas?
It's most definitely safer for the people who work in their plants vs. communications personnel who work on 5G.

Those elements were no problem for the planet in the last 4.5 billion years.

And they wont be a problem now.
Do you realize there are different types of radiation, depending on the isotope, and most are easily shielded from?

You need to stop listening to they lying M$Ms.

Thousands died from Fukushima and Chernobyl

NIMBY
Do you think the USA ever used such shoddy standards? Do you think that today's standards aren't miles ahead of the past?

That type of thinking probably leads you to believe that modern cars don't have seatbelts. They their standards are the same as the 60's.

No they didn't. 1 died from Fukishima, thousands have been estimated to have died from radiation linked cancers from Chernobyl but few can be positively certain from there. Fewer than 100 can be directly absolutely linked to Chernobyl.

Far more die from other power related accidents. And some of those still also give off radiation and leak toxic chemicals.

I lived basically on two. Certainly closer than almost anyone's backyard could possibly be. In fact, would you want coal mining or a coal reactor in your backyard? What about a solar or wind farm right there?

But if they use the Covid method for counting the dead...

But if they use the Covid method for counting the dead...
Even if you use the failed "but only 6% are actually listed as covid19 deaths only" (not valid and ignorant in how doctors actually report deaths and comorbidities), you still get over 12k deaths, almost 3x as many as nuclear accidents combined.

Do you think the USA ever used such shoddy standards? Do you think that today's standards aren't miles ahead of the past?

That type of thinking probably leads you to believe that modern cars don't have seatbelts. They their standards are the same as the 60's.
Tell it to the people that lived around 3 mile island

Thousands died from both sites. About 2000 from Fukushima

Dead is dead

Thousands die from tornados and hurricane's every year. France has currently has 58 active and are planning on more. I believe the French have had the longest running success with nuclear plants, their oldest was built in 1977 and is in the process of being deactivated. France gets 75% of its electricity from nuclear energy, 17% of that comes from recycled nuclear fuel and they are able to produce so much electricity they are the worlds largest net exporter of electricity. Yet France is second when it comes to nuclear reactors, the US has 99 in operation.

I think it makes sense for Germany to seriously consider nuclear plants for their power needs. Technology has improved so much since the first generation of reactors it is a safe and very efficient means of power.

Do you realize there are different types of radiation, depending on the isotope, and most are easily shielded from?

You need to stop listening to they lying M$Ms.

I listen to physics. Alpha and Beta radiation can easily shielded. Gamma radiation is harder to shield.

I Support 100% nuclear power and want Germany to build new powerplants

Thousands die from tornados and hurricane's every year. France has currently has 58 active and are planning on more. I believe the French have had the longest running success with nuclear plants, their oldest was built in 1977 and is in the process of being deactivated. France gets 75% of its electricity from nuclear energy, 17% of that comes from recycled nuclear fuel and they are able to produce so much electricity they are the worlds largest net exporter of electricity. Yet France is second when it comes to nuclear reactors, the US has 99 in operation.

I think it makes sense for Germany to seriously consider nuclear plants for their power needs. Technology has improved so much since the first generation of reactors it is a safe and very efficient means of power.
Definitly and voices here get louder for that. Germany has worldclass nuclear technology. Time to build it in Germany and not just sell abroad

Nuclear power is green. It is one of the cleanest energy sources. Most spent nuclear fuel/waste could even be recycled with a little money and effort.

Yeah, a little more CO2 in the atmosphere is pretty green too. Plants love the stuff.

When you just lie you lose all credibility

Thats no lie. The death toll is zero. You add people who drowned in a Tsunami to your Numbers. Not a single Person died from radiation there.

In the case of Fukushima, although 40 to 50 people experienced physical injury or radiation burns at the nuclear facility, the number of direct deaths from the incident are quoted to be zero

Your own link says that death in Fukushima was 100% stress from the evacuation. Thanks for proving my point

Thousands died from both sites. About 2000 from Fukushima

Dead is dead
No. Thousands did not die from Fukushima. 1death from cancer of I believe a responder or plant worker is attributed to Fukushima, and that was based on a legality, not science.

Most deaths attributed to Fukushima are due to the evacuation/displacement, not radiation or illness from exposure to radiation or released chemicals.

Only 31 people actually died at Chernobyl. Most deaths for Chernobyls are attributed from radiation exposure resulting in increased cancers estimated to be from that. But even that is an estimate, not provable.

I listen to physics. Alpha and Beta radiation can easily shielded. Gamma radiation is harder to shield.

I Support 100% nuclear power and want Germany to build new powerplants
And neutron is very close range and easy to moderate with water, if released.

Tell it to the people that lived around 3 mile island
And none died. They got scared by an incident that released no significant radiation to the atmosphere and is a huge learning incident taught even today, 40 years later on what not to do, why its bad to have multiple alarms or lights or readings for things that aren't really important and how it can make people complacent, and for ensuring good, proper communication is setup and followed.

They still ran the other reactor at 3 Mile Island for decades after, providing them power.

The Netherlands say that without nuclear power, the renewable energy cant sustain the countries energy demands.

3 to 10 new nuclear power plants are sugegsted and construction must begin till 2025.

This brings Germany under pressure, since Germany faces the same problem. There is a gigantic energy problem and more wind farms wont close this. More and more people riot against new wind parks and block the construction.

Germany already has the highest energy costs in the world and it will be interesting where things go.

The Green Khmer party demands that all basic powerplants from nuclear power to coal ect get shut down, no matter how expensive it gets and how instable the energy grid becomes. At the same time the Green Khmer want push more and more for electric cars,
which leads to the collapse of the german energy grid.

We already had the situation this year, that a political decission was overridden by the responsible authorities.

The Green Khmer party decided that a coal plant has to be shut down and the Bundesnetz Agency blocked it, because the energy grid in bavaria would collapse without that plant.

Just for information, the leader of the Green party in Germany Baerbock, life in TV said, that the energy is stored by "Goblins" in the energy grid.

In Germany too, more and more call for the renaissance of nuclear power. Germany with Siemens is leading in nuclear technology and we should walk that way again.

Never thought you would say something I would agree with, but there you go Rostocker.

The opposition to clean modern nuclear energy is based on unscientific fears that are right up there with anti-vaccination conspiracy theories.

Back
Top Bottom