• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Netanyahu Slams U.S. Student Protests: ‘Reminiscent Of What Happened In German Universities In The 1930s’

No, I’m saying if Hamas would release its hostages and surrender no one would die. No one protesting against Israel seems to acknowledge that. Where were these people last October after Hamas committed war crimes when it murdered 1,200 innocent Israeli men, women, and children? Were they protesting that? No, they were signing petitions soaked in moral equivalency that sought to justify it. So this isn’t based on a principle of upholding human rights or international law. They are nothing more than hypocritical pawns, unwitting dupes or not, in Hamas’ holy war against Jews and Israel.
If - then counterfactual (the bolded). No way you can proof that statement.

What about people who just oppose war crimes, those committed by Hamas AND the larger scale ones committed by Israel?
Where are these people? All I see is protesters denouncing Israel and cheering on the Hamas terrorists and the Palestinians that murdered and kidnapped--and are still holding hostage--American citizens.

If - then counterfactual (the bolded). No way you can proof that statement.

So someone took a class in logic and thinks he learned something he can use to impress his friends. 🙂

How about a bit of common sense? Yeah, I can’t prove absolutely NO ONE would die if the war ended, and you can’t prove anyone would die if it doesn’t. 😉 But I’ll grant that more people generally die during wartime than don’t, and that lives would likely be saved if Hamas gave up its hostages and surrendered.

So someone took a class in logic and thinks he learned something he can use to impress his friends. 🙂

How about a bit of common sense? Yeah, I can’t prove absolutely NO ONE would die if the war ended, and you can’t prove anyone would die if it doesn’t. 😆 But I’ll grant that more people generally die during wartime than don’t, and that lives would likely be saved if Hamas gave up its hostages and surrendered.
Not part of the discussion here, so sorry for butting in but I think that the flaw in your arguement is that you are acting as if Hamas (the terrorist organization) is a responsible actor that cares if more people die.

They aren't and they don't.

That fact does not excuse or justify war crimes against Palestinian civilians.

Keep making lite of it

𝟏𝟗𝟑𝟖 Nazi’s block Jewish students from entering Vienna University. 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒 Palestinian activists block Jewish students from entering Columbia University.​

Well sure if you think the bad part about the Nazis was they blocked some students. Most people think the bad part about the Nazis was the genocide, but that completely ****s up this failed analogy.

Not part of the discussion here, so sorry for butting in but I think that the flaw in your arguement is that you are acting as if Hamas (the terrorist organization) is a responsible actor that cares if more people die.

Hamas was (technically still is) the governing authority in Gaza, correct? Aren’t they being represented in diplomatic negotiations by the Emir of Qatar? No one can claim that they have any sort of legitimacy and yet aren’t responsible under international law for the atrocities and war crimes they committed and continue to commit. So from that standpoint what they think about those responsibilities is irrelevant. They can still be tried and hung from a gallows for war crimes.

That fact does not excuse or justify war crimes against Palestinian civilians.

I’ll agree with that in principle, but under the fog of war and this “he said, she said” war of words between Israeli claims that UN relief efforts are being hindered by incompetence while the UN and international relief and human rights agencies claim Israel is systematically trying to starve Gazans as some form of collective punishment, I think I’m going to withhold judgement on that for the moment. Considering the Jewish experience in concentration camps during the Holocaust, intuitively this claim makes absolutely no sense. I would hope the leadership of Israel is a little more attuned to history than that. Somehow the notion of UN incompetence strikes me as more credible.

Hamas was (technically still is) the governing authority in Gaza, correct?
Yes. Nevertheless they are a terrorist organization who doesn't care if their own people are slaughtered.

And by the way, last time they were elected, in 2006, they got a bare plurality not a majority, and 75% of the current population of Gaza wasnt old enough to vote then.
Aren’t they being represented in diplomatic negotiations by the Emir of Qatar? No one can claim that they have any sort of legitimacy and yet aren’t responsible under international law for the atrocities and war crimes they committed and continue to commit. So from that standpoint what they think about those responsibilities is irrelevant. They can still be tried and hung from a gallows for war crimes.
I wish they would be...... right along side the leaders of Israel and the IDF that are responsible for the massive war crimes they have committed

They could all hold hands on their way to hell.

Harassing Jews is antisemitic.
Harassing Jews for being Jews is antisemitic.

Protesting against the unjustified and indiscriminate killings of tens of thousands of innocents by a the Jewish government of Israel is not antisemitic.

It is entirely justified/appropriate.

Yes. Nevertheless they are a terrorist organization who doesn't care if their own people are slaughtered.

Right. So why does what they think about anything matter?

And by the way, last time they were elected, in 2006, they got a bare plurality not a majority, and 75% of the current population of Gaza wasnt old enough to vote then.

I don’t think there will ever be another election in any Palestinian enclave with Hamas able to field political candidates. They’re done.

I wish they would be...... right along side the leaders of Israel and the IDF that are responsible for the massive war crimes they have committed

They could all hold hands on their way to hell.

Through the looking glass of history, in the final analysis all warfare is a moral abomination and a crime against humanity. Trying to sanitize it with a rule book is the height of absurdity. So what we’re left with is really only one rule based on simple Machiavellian logic: don’t lose.

Right. So why does what they think about anything matter?
I don't think it does

I just pointed out that it is incorrect to act as if they were a responsible actor who cares about what happens to the Palestinian people.

As in 'if they would just return the hostages and lay down their arms then Israel would stop slaughtering Palestinian civilians.'
I don’t think there will ever be another election in any Palestinian enclave with Hamas able to field political candidates. They’re done.
I agree, but they haven't had one since 2006, why would they start now?
Through the looking glass of history, in the final analysis all warfare is a moral abomination and a crime against humanity. Trying to sanitize it with a rule book is the height of absurdity. So what we’re left with is really only one rule based on simple Machiavellian logic: don’t lose.
So you oppose war crimes laws?

I think the problem is that they are difficult to enforce until after the fact.

Milosevich (sp?) Was convicted but the damage was already done.

But that doesn't mean war crimes should be tolerated.

And that is just as wrong as when the pro Hamas crowd chants it.
My question is why you only care when Israel says it
This is about Israel’s responsibility for Israel’s actions, so your failure to care when Israelis say it is the one-sidedness problem here.

This is about Israel’s responsibility for Israel’s actions, so your failure to care when Israelis say it is the one-sidedness problem here.
No my post that you quoted was about the pro Hamas protesters. Please try and keep up.

Harassing Jews for being Jews is antisemitic.

Protesting against the unjustified and indiscriminate killings of tens of thousands of innocents by a the Jewish government of Israel is not antisemitic.

It is entirely justified/appropriate.
There's no indiscriminate killings, the tens of thousands of innocents is a Hamas figure, and I was talking specifically about harassing Jews so one has to wonder why you're so up in arms against someone opposing antisemitism.

Really? Which post/s? C'mon, don't be coy...you have an audience.
See post #76 in this thread.

You claimed Jews are liars due to their culture and then used it in an argument as to why the atrocities committed on October 7 should not be believed.
You posted an article saying Jews are allowed to lie and used it in an argument for why one shouldn't believe to them.
That's classic antisemitism resembling that of the 1930s in Europe, and you clearly engaged in classic antisemitism and were called out on it.

@ElChupacabra is also a promoter of 1930s European classic antisemitism because he had defended your repulsive antisemitic statements and aligned himself with someone who attacks Jews in general.
He was given plenty of time to retract or review or give a sensible reason for why he isn't supporting antisemitism when he's backing such disgusting and truly idiotic accusations against Jews (not Israel or Israelis or Zionists or whatever it is antisemites usually use as an excuse) and chose not to do so, thus completely embracing a hateful agenda that promotes the darkest behavior humanity has to offer.

See post #76 in this thread.

You claimed Jews are liars due to their culture and then used it in an argument as to why the atrocities committed on October 7 should not be believed.
You posted an article saying Jews are allowed to lie and used it in an argument for why one shouldn't believe to them.
That's classic antisemitism resembling that of the 1930s in Europe, and you clearly engaged in classic antisemitism and were called out on it.

@ElChupacabra is also a promoter of 1930s European classic antisemitism because he had defended your repulsive antisemitic statements and aligned himself with someone who attacks Jews in general.
He was given plenty of time to retract or review or give a sensible reason for why he isn't supporting antisemitism when he's backing such disgusting and truly idiotic accusations against Jews (not Israel or Israelis or Zionists or whatever it is antisemites usually use as an excuse) and chose not to do so, thus completely embracing a hateful agenda that promotes the darkest behavior humanity has to offer.
Oh am I? I'm not sure what to do with this info because between oneworld2's labelling me anti-Palestinian and now you labelling me an anti-Semite, I'm not sure which group I should be more against.
:unsure:

Oh am I? I'm not sure what to do with this info because between oneworld2's labelling me anti-Palestinian and now you labelling me an anti-Semite, I'm not sure which group I should be more against.
:unsure:
Let's be accurate - I don't label you anything, I call out your words as what they are.
I'm not calling you an antisemite, I'm calling out the antisemitism that you defend.

You're not leaving anyone any choice when you're willing to die on the antisemitic hill for someone who claims Jews are permitted to lie in their religion and that's why atrocities against them should not be believed.
What did you expect?

Let's be accurate - I don't label you anything, I call out your words as what they are.
I'm not calling you an antisemite, I'm calling out the antisemitism that you defend.

You're not leaving anyone any choice when you're willing to die on the antisemitic hill for someone who claims Jews are permitted to lie in their religion and that's why atrocities against them should not be believed.
What did you expect?
You're constructing a rationale to fit your pro-Israeli agenda; inventing anti-Semitism where it doesn't exist, and lashing out when you painted yourself into a corner. You're not fooling anyone.

How do you come by the 35,000 innocent Palestinians killed numbers?
From reports and data compiled by the medics and aid workers on the ground, in Gaza. The Gaza Health Ministry's data from previous conflicts has been shown to be largely accurate when later examined and analysed by independent sources.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom