• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Netanyahu Slams U.S. Student Protests: ‘Reminiscent Of What Happened In German Universities In The 1930s’

There's a long history of college protests being roundly condemned at the time, but turning out to have been on the right (correct) side of history. As for behaving like Nazi's, Netanyahu is projecting bigly.

His Govt being propped up by settlers who have openly called for the cleansing / nuking of Gaza.

This morning, I'm reading of Al-Jazeera in Israel being closed down by the Israeli Govt....

It occurs to me that maybe Netanyahu should worry about the things he -can actually change-. As if his comments are going to change anything -- and, if anything, it will increase the intensity of the protests. I find the goal of the protests -- to pressure universities to divest from Israel - to be a peaceful one. Where I draw the line is personal harm, trespassing, death threats, and property destruction. If the protesters stay away from all those things -- though I do not agree with them -- in my eyes, they are obeying the First Amendment in concert with laws, etc. and there will be no legal consequences for them. "Intifada" is an invite to cause harm, so that needs to stop as a chant. "From the river to the sea" is a little bit hazy as it really depends on who says it and what their intentions are. That said -- I'd stay away from that slogan if you want to win a perceptions battle.

I'm reading up on the organizations that are causing the actual unrest -unrest-. The people who took over Hamilton Hall, for instance -- though there may have been students involved -- they were primarily an outside group. Seems like whenever there's a well-intentioned protest -- for whatever side for whatever view -- agitators from outside turn up and ruin it. There's got to be a way to combat that peacefully so those that make the movement all about themselves can be marginalized, while the message is maximized.

I asked for a link...I am not googling and doing your work for you...back up your claims.

(and @Pyrite)

What an utterly ridiculous cop-out. I'll do this one time, but only if you promise to admit that some protestors are indeed shouting "long live Oct 7." Deal?

Ya know what - Here it is anyway. (NOTE: Apparently you're not familiar with me. I will NEVER say anything I can't back up.)

Give your head a shake.

His Govt being propped up by settlers who have openly called for the cleansing / nuking of Gaza.

This morning, I'm reading of Al-Jazeera in Israel being closed down by the Israeli Govt....
and the reverse is true as well...Hamas has called for the cleansing of all of Israel and giving it to Muslims.

and the reverse is true as well...Hamas has called for the cleansing of all of Israel and giving it to Muslims.

I don't deny that at all.
Those two sides have a vicious relationship that will continue for decades as both sides need each other to justify their existence. I listened to Ehud Olmert this afternoon talking about how Netanyahu is using the war to delay the inevitable inquiry that will happen regarding why he allowed 10/7 to even happen at all.

They shut them down why?

Could be a number of reasons
1) Al Jazeera are reporting facts Israel doesn't like (Al jazeera is the only foreign media agency left within Gaza)
2) Al Jazeera are misreporting facts Israel doesn't like
3) Turkey is announcing sanctions on Al Jazeera and Israel isn't happy about that.
As to 1 and 2, there could be a case made that the English speaking version of Al Jazeera is not quite the same as the Arabic version which has been found to misrepresent the same stories reported by the English speaking version.

Also, remember, other countries are not held to our Constitution.....this is why people should be very glad they live here and stop bitching so much about the US.

The really interesting thing is that the US is funding Israel: it tells the world about freedoms and rights but is currently supporting with money and military aid a Government that is about to suppress foreign media and its right to report.

Last edited:
They shut them down why? Also, remember, other countries are not held to our Constitution.....this is why people should be very glad they live here and stop bitching so much about the US.
They shut them down for revealing the lies about beheading raped babies in incubators...etc Geoge Bush did it too, with a missile on the AJ Baghdad office.

In your opinion.
LOL. That's exactly how brainwashed people like you are. Relying on bibles, organized religion, corrupt politicians & corporate, mainstream media/legacy media for information & let them do your thinking for you. Pathetic. Just pathetic.

Wrong.

“Over 30,000 Palestinians have been killed, including more than 13,000 children. Over 12,000 are presumed dead and 71,000 injured, many with life-changing mutilations. Seventy percent of residential areas have been destroyed. Eighty percent of the whole population has been forcibly displaced.”
Sounds like an ideal time to pack up and leave then.

that's unfortunate and true harassment of anyone is wrong, but considering that Israel has almost certainly killed far more children then the small number of jews who have their feelings hurt, it's clear which side is more at fault for the current mess.
Jews getting their feelings hurt, that’s what you’re equating to what’s going on college campuses? They’re being blocked from entering university buildings and harassed mercilessly. Sounds like you’d also be ok with a KKK march since hey it’s just some blacks getting their feelings hurt.

I never realized that all of that Nazi, anti jewish stuff was because the Jews were bombing other people. and trying to annex other people's land. Thank goodness Netty has cleared all of that up for us.

Back
Top Bottom