• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NC Sheriff new security measures - locking up AR's inside school for officers

Not....Even....Close
Yeah, pretty darn close. Now he brought up good guy with a gun! My whinger bingo card is almost full. :)

I do not think AR-15s are appropriate weapons for a school campus. Semi-automatic rifles meant to fire high velocity ammunition are too dangerous for crowded school settings. There is too high a possibility of innocent people being injured or killed from rounds shooting through walls and doors. If you disagree, please feel free to add something of substance. Or don't.
Only reason I would disagree is the fact that most over penetrations are due to the fact that the intended target was missed, not always but a lot.

Maybe, in a scenario where everything lines up for you. Including not getting shot by the killer, having a clear shot and being undisturbed, NOT being shot by the cops, etc. So you're just describing an LEO sniper, really. And we already do that.
If your in that scenario and the shooter is dead and the cops bust in after the fact, your weapon is not in your hands. If the shooter is shooting his way in and I don't catch one though the door I'm waiting for him to come in.

If your in that scenario and the shooter is dead and the cops bust in after the fact, your weapon is not in your hands. If the shooter is shooting his way in and I don't catch one though the door I'm waiting for him to come in.
Right, another thing lining up perfectly. It's starting to sound more like a Lifetime network movie than reality, ya know?

Hey, your "good guy with the gun" rambo myth doesn't seem to be working
Sorry. Placing more guns in schools, as readily available for whomever to use, is not a good solution. Let's keep guns locked up, and handguns out of schools where kids can get them.
Okay.

So in an active shooter event how long is it going to take the cops to get there and take the shooter out?

Yeah, pretty darn close. Now he brought up good guy with a gun! My whinger bingo card is almost full. :)
Hang on. So security people and police are not the good guys trying to kill the bad guy?

OH wait you're skipping over where you got arming kids at from CaughtInThe post 201. You haven't even scratched the free spot on your GOTCHA CARD oh I meant Bingo card. And yes that did say 210 I had a dyslexic moment. Really.

Hang on. So security people and police are not the good guys trying to kill the bad guy?
Dude, Rambo will save the kids. He's the math teacher. :) Come on now! I told you my bingo card was full!

Handguns in every classroom. Get real.

Dude, Rambo will save the kids. He's the math teacher. :) Come on now! I told you my bingo card was full!

Handguns in every classroom. Get real.
It appears the way you want it set up is that the police will need to rush to the scene to shoot the bad guy. They are the good guys right?

Okay.

So in an active shooter event how long is it going to take the cops to get there and take the shooter out?
Several minutes, minimum. Up to an hour or more. Probably why this Sheriff is for putting cops on campus, I would guess.

Several minutes, minimum. Up to an hour or more. Probably why this Sheriff is for putting cops on campus, I would guess.
And how many fifth graders can an active shooter take out by the time the cops get there?

I do not think AR-15s are appropriate weapons for a school campus. Semi-automatic rifles meant to fire high velocity ammunition are too dangerous for crowded school settings. There is too high a possibility of innocent people being injured or killed from rounds shooting through walls and doors. If you disagree, please feel free to add something of substance. Or don't.
. 223 firing 55 grain FMJ has about the same overpenetration as buckshot or handgun JHP.

Right, another thing lining up perfectly. It's starting to sound more like a Lifetime network movie than reality, ya know?
The shooters are typically limited to coming into a classroom through the door. It's a tactical chokepoint.

The shooters are typically limited to coming into a classroom through the door. It's a tactical chokepoint.
And you have to be armed and ready on the other side of that door. Seems scripted. So far, you have a cache of weapon(s), and you plan to arm yourself with enough warning to do so and hide behind a door, hoping the shooter comes through your door, taking your well placed shot when he does.

Or he never does, kills 30 people elsewhere, gets arrested. You are.. the teacher? That doesn't sound like the average teacher, either.
How many doors in a school?

It's just not adding up. One hopeful and unlikely event after another, in succession. This is not going to dent the school shooting problem.

And you have to be armed and ready on the other side of that door. Seems scripted. So far, you have a cache of weapon(s), and you plan to arm yourself with enough warning to do so and hide behind a door, hoping the shooter comes through your door, taking your well placed shot when he does.

Or he never does, kills 30 people elsewhere, gets arrested. You are.. the teacher? That doesn't sound like the average teacher, either.

It's just not adding up. One hopeful and unlikely event after another, in succession. This is not going to dent the school shooting problem.

How are they scripting it, and you're not?

I didn’t notice anyone say there is a guaranteed outcome.

Hallelujah brother someone else see's the light! Yes you couldn't found a finer word to phrase it.

And you have to be armed and ready on the other side of that door.
Exactly why a teacher if he/she chooses should be trained and armed.
Seems scripted. So far, you have a cache of weapon(s)
What scripted? The teacher is armed, there's the "cache" of weapons.
, and you plan to arm yourself with enough warning to do so
Already armed and have warning.
and hide behind a door, hoping the shooter comes through your door
Preferably in front of off to one side. Easier to make the shot. If it's the door he's coming through.
, taking your well placed shot when he does.
And if it's 'my' door yes or well placed shots. Remember if I'm that teacher I'm probably already a good shot, added with the extra training to carry in the classroom.
You seem to be of the belief that all teachers are liberal wuss's. And that's not meant as an insult to all liberals.
If he picks door number three it can't be helped. Hopefully there's someone armed behind that door.
**** all if I know, are we counting closets etc.?
Well there are something like 130,900+ K-12 schools so the probability of an event happening at an armed school are very little, but on the other hand it could happen tomorrow. And if all schools went armed yes it would dent it even if half went armed.

Hallelujah brother someone else see's the light! Yes you couldn't found a finer word to phrase it.
In the Combat Engineers we created obstacle plans to channelize the enemy into kill zones.

A blindingly stupid idea that depends on the already thoroughly debunked fantasy that the solution to a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun.

As Uvalde has more than demonstrated to us all, even 19 good guys with guns doesn't mean shit.
It was a good guy with a gun that saved lives in that Mall.

It was a good girl with a gun that saved lives at that Block party.

I was a good guy with a gun that ended Uvalde after the 19 cowards refused to try.

Why you leftists find it so hard to understand such a simple concept is concerning. Someone with a gun is very difficult to stop with anything other than another gun. The old saying you shouldn't have brought a knife to a gun fight is true because the gun can deliver its lethality at a distance while most other forms require close range. Obviously having a gun gives you a chance against someone misusing one. Obviously having a gun does nothing if someone doesn't engage the badguy. Obviously having a gun doesn't guarantee success. It simply gives me the ability to project lethal force at a distance should it ever become eminently necessary to save my life or my families life. In that capacity I would be referred to as a good guy with a gun. Just don't understand why your side fights against more good guys with guns. It's stupid to do so.

So let's ask you......what is your solution for stopping a badguy with a gun? Since the GGWAG method is so stupid.

In the Combat Engineers we created obstacle plans to channelize the enemy into kill zones.
The old fatal funnel.

I guarantee you that if my teacher wife was allowed to carry at work no badguy could enter her classroom during a lockdown WITHOUT being easily and relatively safely engaged with deadly force from her firearm. It's sad that this option is robbed because of leftist filth who would be the first to complain about police response times.

Its also sad that my wife is stripped of her constitution rights to bear arms. Especially considering that last school year a credible threat was thwarted at her school. I am stripped of my rights while on campus as well.

It was a good guy with a gun that saved lives in that Mall.

It was a good girl with a gun that saved lives at that Block party.

I was a good guy with a gun that ended Uvalde after the 19 cowards refused to try.

Why you leftists find it so hard to understand such a simple concept is concerning. Someone with a gun is very difficult to stop with anything other than another gun. The old saying you shouldn't have brought a knife to a gun fight is true because the gun can deliver its lethality at a distance while most other forms require close range. Obviously having a gun gives you a chance against someone misusing one. Obviously having a gun does nothing if someone doesn't engage the badguy. Obviously having a gun doesn't guarantee success. It simply gives me the ability to project lethal force at a distance should it ever become eminently necessary to save my life or my families life. In that capacity I would be referred to as a good guy with a gun. Just don't understand why your side fights against more good guys with guns. It's stupid to do so.

So let's ask you......what is your solution for stopping a badguy with a gun? Since the GGWAG method is so stupid.
A response too myopic and ignorant to bother to rebut.

A response too myopic and ignorant to bother to rebut.

Looks to me like your post was demolished, but you felt you had to say something. So you went with "insulting dismissal".

Looks to me like your post was demolished, but you felt you had to say something. So you went with "insulting dismissal".
Looks to me like you aren't bright enough to know that the handful of examples you present does not address the root cause of the issue, which is too many guns in too many hands. There is no evidence whatsoever that indicates that more guns results in less gun violence, a premise which, to any thinking adult, is ****ing ridiculous on its face. There is no solution that totally eliminates gun violence, but among the keys to significantly reducing it is to deal with the root causes, among which too many easily available guns is paramount!

. . . . but you felt you had to say something, so . . . .

If that's all you've got, you can spare me dismissing you again.
OR - feel free to have the last word, however feebly you might express it.

Back
Top Bottom