• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NC Sheriff new security measures - locking up AR's inside school for officers

The old fatal funnel.

I guarantee you that if my teacher wife was allowed to carry at work no badguy could enter her classroom during a lockdown WITHOUT being easily and relatively safely engaged with deadly force from her firearm. It's sad that this option is robbed because of leftist filth who would be the first to complain about police response times.

Its also sad that my wife is stripped of her constitution rights to bear arms. Especially considering that last school year a credible threat was thwarted at her school. I am stripped of my rights while on campus as well.
Your wife would know if metal detectors were present it seems, so if not, carry. Kinda like "don't ask don't tell"
and if the worse happens what are they gonna do, fire someone that stopped a school shooter.

Looks to me like you aren't bright enough to know that the handful of examples you present does not address the root cause of the issue, which is too many guns in too many hands. There is no evidence whatsoever that indicates that more guns results in less gun violence, a premise which, to any thinking adult, is ****ing ridiculous on its face. There is no solution that totally eliminates gun violence, but among the keys to significantly reducing it is to deal with the root causes, among which too many easily available guns is paramount!

. . . . but you felt you had to say something, so . . . .

If that's all you've got, you can spare me dismissing you again.
OR - feel free to have the last word, however feebly you might express it.

Look at that. Starting a post with an ad hominem and a strawman so clumsy it becomes a lie. 😆

Now, on to your root cause rant...

I don't understand how randomly removing some guns will have a significant effect on the very tiny number of people who choose to use a gun inappropriately. Maybe you can explain this, and explain how you would go about accomplishing this random reduction in the number of guns.

Strategically placed cars that don't look to out of place comes to mind.
Well, we were training to channelize entire Soviet Motorized Rifle Regiments on the northern German plains, we were looking to use more than a few cars ;)

Looks to me like you aren't bright enough to know that the handful of examples you present does not address the root cause of the issue, which is too many guns in too many hands.

If the cause is too many guns, it sounds like the solution is reducing the number of guns.

A response too myopic and ignorant to bother to rebut.
Okay you're in that mall making like a sitting duck what does your superior intelligence tell you to do? Run and hide while everyone gets shot up? Or be glad someone had the balls to stand up and do something? Since you couldn't.

It was a good guy with a gun that saved lives in that Mall.

It was a good girl with a gun that saved lives at that Block party.

I was a good guy with a gun that ended Uvalde after the 19 cowards refused to try.

Why you leftists find it so hard to understand such a simple concept is concerning. Someone with a gun is very difficult to stop with anything other than another gun. The old saying you shouldn't have brought a knife to a gun fight is true because the gun can deliver its lethality at a distance while most other forms require close range. Obviously having a gun gives you a chance against someone misusing one. Obviously having a gun does nothing if someone doesn't engage the badguy. Obviously having a gun doesn't guarantee success. It simply gives me the ability to project lethal force at a distance should it ever become eminently necessary to save my life or my families life. In that capacity I would be referred to as a good guy with a gun. Just don't understand why your side fights against more good guys with guns. It's stupid to do so.

So let's ask you......what is your solution for stopping a badguy with a gun? Since the GGWAG method is so stupid.
His solution is run, duck, hide, run faster then the other guy/girl though not in that order. You've heard the old adage "you don't have to outrun the bear just your fat friend".

Look at that. Starting a post with an ad hominem and a strawman so clumsy it becomes a lie. 😆

Now, on to your root cause rant...

I don't understand how randomly removing some guns will have a significant effect on the very tiny number of people who choose to use a gun inappropriately. Maybe you can explain this, and explain how you would go about accomplishing this random reduction in the number of guns.
I think a lot of us would like hear how that works or work in his mind anyway.

Looks to me like you aren't bright enough to know that the handful of examples you present does not address the root cause of the issue, which is too many guns in too many hands. There is no evidence whatsoever that indicates that more guns results in less gun violence, a premise which, to any thinking adult, is ****ing ridiculous on its face. There is no solution that totally eliminates gun violence, but among the keys to significantly reducing it is to deal with the root causes, among which too many easily available guns is paramount!

. . . . but you felt you had to say something, so . . . .

If that's all you've got, you can spare me dismissing you again.
OR - feel free to have the last word, however feebly you might express it.
We aren't saying more guns equals less gun violence. Although there is evidence that this is a fact. For several decades 200 million guns were added to the civilian supply and violent crime and murder dropped. You should probably research the issue before stepping out on that limb.

More good guys with guns equals less gun violence! Common sense. More good guys with guns equals higher risk for a bad guy and better odds for innocents.

Your wife would know if metal detectors were present it seems, so if not, carry. Kinda like "don't ask don't tell"
and if the worse happens what are they gonna do, fire someone that stopped a school shooter.
She won't even thought they don't. I've instructed her to jump out the window and run if she hears gunfire in her hall. I told her that if she gets killed I will spend some of the life insurance money on a young hottie as punishment.

We aren't saying more guns equals less gun violence. Although there is evidence that this is a fact. For several decades 200 million guns were added to the civilian supply and violent crime and murder dropped. You should probably research the issue before stepping out on that limb.

More good guys with guns equals less gun violence! Common sense. More good guys with guns equals higher risk for a bad guy and better odds for innocents.
15% nonsense - 85% ignorant bullshit
Give or take 3%.

I think what I find most fascinating about so many of these comments is the complete ignorance of the posters.

As in, these guns are for the use of the School Safety Officer. In other words, a trained police officer that is stationed inside the school.

SO unless they are completely insane and think that not even cops should have guns, all such should simply be ignored for flapping their gums and knowing nothing.

And you included facts with your typical leftist vomit this time?
You should have spared yourself the embarrassment.

FACT: “If firearms everywhere made us safer … we would be the safest place in the world,” Crifasi said in an episode of Public Health On Call. “We have more guns than people in this country, yet we are the only country that continues to experience exceptionally high rates of firearm homicide and fatal mass shootings occurring with regularity.”

There's nothing leftist about my comment . . . . . . . unless by leftist you mean COMMON ****ING SENSE !!
More guns = more gun deaths.
More guns = more gun suicides.
More guns = more gun homicides.
More guns = more gun accidents.
More guns = more guns being stolen and falling into the wrong hands. (an average of 380,000 per year!)
More guns = more gun violence.

lol, indeed

You should have spared yourself the embarrassment.

FACT: “If firearms everywhere made us safer … we would be the safest place in the world,” Crifasi said in an episode of Public Health On Call. “We have more guns than people in this country, yet we are the only country that continues to experience exceptionally high rates of firearm homicide and fatal mass shootings occurring with regularity.”

These aren't about "more guns", but rather the "gun ownership rate", which is based upon a flawed proxy for gun ownership.
There's nothing leftist about my comment . . . . . . . unless by leftist you mean COMMON ****ING SENSE !!
More guns = more guns being stolen and falling into the wrong hands. (an average of 380,000 per year!)

lol, indeed
Would you call an increase of the number of guns in the US of 270 million from 1986 to 2019 "more guns"?

These aren't about "more guns", but rather the "gun ownership rate", which is based upon a flawed proxy for gun ownership.

Would you call an increase of the number of guns in the US of 270 million from 1986 to 2019 "more guns"?
Sounds logical..

So the increase of 270 million guns from 1986 to 2019 should have resulted in an increase in the violence rates?
In violence rates ??!! Rates can be driven by many factors. Nothing is that simple.

What were the changes in population and demographic distributions in the same time period?
What was the difference in guns stolen in the same time period?
What were the differences in gun laws in that same period?
How many more gun suicides occurred?
How many more gun accidents - fatal or otherwise - in the same time period?
How many more mass shooting since then?
One bit if data - total number of guns - is just one factor.
Pre ass handing wad blowing. Not so funny now is it lol.
My links in post #315 speak for themselves. They directly address your post #314.
If you really want to argue, then go argue with Johns Hopkins. Go argue with Harvard. Best of luck with that.
Stop embarrassing yourself.

In violence rates ??!! Rates can be driven by many factors. Nothing is that simple.

What were the changes in population and demographic distributions in the same time period?

My links in post #315 speak for themselves. They directly address your post #314.
If you really want to argue, then go argue with Johns Hopkins. Go argue with Harvard. Best of luck with that.
Stop embarrassing yourself.

Good to see you abandoning your exceptionally stupid claim, in favor of tap dancing.

Good to see you abandoning your exceptionally stupid claim, in favor of tap dancing.
Sorry to see you've yet to learn that life includes context. That being said ...

But it's what I've come to expect from those engaged in mindless gun advocacy.

Sorry to see you've yet to learn that life includes context. That being said ...

But it's what I've come to expect from those engaged in mindless gun advocacy.

What?

You first abandon your claim, and then repeat it after some tap dancing?

Can we look forward to consistency any time soon?

BTW, post 302 waits your response.

"

Looks like these claims are based on a single factor. Did you mean to contradict yourself?

Back
Top Bottom