• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Navy fires officer in charge of captured sailors

I'm hardly getting my ass handed to me. I've been on these forums since EVERYTHING was Bush's fault...lol!

All of a sudden, since the Messiah got elected, NOTHING is his fault, EVER.

I'll take hyperbolic BS for $300 Alex.

Are you going to keep dodging my questions?

What questions? Your nonsensical misunderstanding into how the US military's upper echelons of command and control operate, or their relationship with the commander in chief?

I've already answered your questions. If your best rebuttal is to claim that I see Obama as a God, then I think we're done here.

What questions? Your nonsensical misunderstanding into how the US military's upper echelons of command and control operate, or their relationship with the commander in chief?

I've already answered your questions. If your best rebuttal is to claim that I see Obama as a God, then I think we're done here.

No, you dodged everything I've asked and tried to fill the blanks with erroneous bull****.

Not THIS President. Right? But, a Republican President? That would be a different story. Wouldn't it?

Rooseveldt?

The commander in chief is responsible for the conduct of the men and women under his command. Some of the sailors in that detail acted disgracefully.

The military is much too large to blame the president for every thing wrong someone in the military does.

No, you dodged everything I've asked and tried to fill the blanks with erroneous bull****.

Man this is actually sad.

If you can't read post #59, or just choose to ignore it, then that's on you.

The military is much too large to blame the president for every thing wrong someone in the military does.

An overall atmosphere exists in any armed forces. That atmosphere is created by the chain of command. The commander in chief leads that chain of command.

Did Obama specifically put directives in place that created that atmosphere? In part, yes. In part, no, but he selected the senior commanders that contributed to the rest of that atmosphere's creation and he selected commanders that shared his views, therefore he accepts responsibility for it.

Now, I've already opined that the OIC of those sailors should be cashiered, without blaming Obama directly for his piss poor conduct. But, not a word was said about that. Speaks volumes, wouldn't you agree?

Who the **** is that?

The Democrat President who was CIC during WW2 and wasn't held responsible for the failings of Navy officers.

Hell, a case could be made that the Secretary of tyhe Navy should have been held responsible for the extent of the Pearl Harbour debacle. but even that can't be laid at the President's feet nd you're sayi that little fvck-up in Iran is Obama's fault?

Last edited:
We have had Longbows flown 180 degrees in the wrong direction for two hours putting them three miles from the Iranian border. No excuse. Stupid things happen all the time in all of life. Saying this goes to the top (Obama) is simply knee jerk ignorant.

Then they're going to be there at 0400 hours on the 14th of May. No ****.

The **** you talking about? If the Brigade commander says this thing is going down at 0400 then PCCs and PCIs will have to have been don't and everyone staged by at least half an hour prior (and I'm being generous). So show time would be 30 minutes before that, so we're looking at 0300. So the battalion commander will then put out that time. The company commander will then say that he wants his people there 15 minutes prior to that to get accountability of everyone, so 0245. Then the platoon sergeant will want you show 10-15 minutes prior to that, so you're ready for the company accountability formation, so 0230.

"be there at 0400"....*chuckles*

Lol...just messing but not really because that's how it actually works.

Which screwups? A lot of the screwups during Operation Overlord were Murphy's Law.
And a lot of the screwups could have been prevented through better training, planning, etc. Yet nobody sane personally blames Franklin Roosevelt for any of those unfortunate shortcomings at Normandy.

The **** you talking about? If the Brigade commander says this thing is going down at 0400 then PCCs and PCIs will have to have been don't and everyone staged by at least half an hour prior (and I'm being generous). So show time would be 30 minutes before that, so we're looking at 0300. So the battalion commander will then put out that time. The company commander will then say that he wants his people there 15 minutes prior to that to get accountability of everyone, so 0245. Then the platoon sergeant will want you show 10-15 minutes prior to that, so you're ready for the company accountability formation, so 0230.

"be there at 0400"....*chuckles*

Lol...just messing but not really because that's how it actually works.
Lol

Don't ask me I'm just a pfc

All i know is life's about to suck

Sent from my SM-G920K using Tapatalk

Lol

Don't ask me I'm just a pfc

All i know is life's about to suck

Yup, in many ways it will. The higher up the event is the earlier the show time will be. You gotta be 15 minutes early for the 10 minutes early for the 10 minutes early, ect.

Back
Top Bottom