• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

National Emergency declared in Proclamation 9994 concerning the COVID-19 pandemic.

If you do not wear a mask in public places and infect people then you can be charged. But these Gestapo tactics of check points and stopping people who have done nothing wrong need to end in this country. Unless we decide we no longer want to be free.
In which loosing our freedom under a dictatorship rule is a no no but for temporary intentions in order to save lives and avoid damaging our organs and brain to those who survive such a mutating deadly virus, strict enforcement of wearing masks and avoiding crowds is a must - under a national emergency. imo

In which loosing our freedom under a dictatorship rule is a no no but for temporary intentions in order to save lives and avoid damaging our organs and brain to those who survive such a mutating deadly virus, strict enforcement of wearing masks and avoiding crowds is a must - under a national emergency. imo
When we have a government that starts dictating to the people what they can and can not do, this is the start of a tyrannical totalitarian government and once that power is abused by the government it is very hard to restore the freedoms lost to it. Thomas Jefferson said: "There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety."

Ouch, you should know full well just what happens with temporary intentions, they somehow wind up being permanent fixes. The next step will be rounding up all those who haven't been vaccinated and separating them from the rest of the population, but of course, this will be a temporary fix.

Ouch, you said you were a veteran also, both you and I took an oath when we entered the military that we would protect Constitution from all enemies both foreign and domestic, I never recanted that oath.

The next step will be rounding up all those who haven't been vaccinated and separating them from the rest of the population

OK. I'd support that.

I'm all for it. If it were up to me, people who won't get vaccinated will bare the total cost of doctor/hospital care IF they are infected by the virus.
Does this philosophy extend to other areas as well? Would you force smokers (current and/or former) to pay for all their blood pressure, lung cancer, and heart disease treatments? Would you force fat people to pay for all the preventable conditions their fatness caused? How about drunk drivers having to pay for their hospitalization after a crash?

Where is the line for you, and why?

OK. I'd support that.
So you'd have scores of unvaccinated people hanging around each other during a pandemic?

Yeah, I can't think of a single thing wrong with that plan.

Neither can I.

Get 'em together....and let Darwin sort 'em out!!!
You could even round them up, and just to keep them away from the rest of us you could concentrate their numbers in camps around the country!

You could even round them up, and just to keep them away from the rest of us you could concentrate their numbers in camps around the country!

Nah, send them to an island. They can have their own island.

New York City it is

I was thinking of something more equatorial, where the hot humid weather will remind them of their beloved Bible Belt, Americas sweaty groin area.

they don't, because they can't. there is no provision in the constitution which allows it.

I guess those Japanese-Americans rounded up and thrown into prison in the 1940s in the US was "fake news". :rolleyes:

I guess those Japanese-Americans rounded up and thrown into prison in the 1940s in the US was "fake news". :rolleyes:
that was unconstitutional, and the govn't initiated reparations to make up for it. So as I said, the govn't has no authority to suspend the constitution, even in a state of emergency.

So you think we shouldn't learn from mistakes in our past. Maybe we should bring back slavery as well. Or better yet complete intolerance like Roman rule. Maybe we can crucify those who truly fear the vaccination. Hell lets give them something much worse to worry about.

I Know our vaccination compliance would be much higher if wasn't for all the politicization of the virus. Both parties used the virus in an attempt to gain power. It is the people who are dying due to fear and mistrust of our corrupt government. It is the parties that have corrupted our government and the media that keeps these parties in power. That and ignorance of the people.

So you think we shouldn't learn from mistakes in our past. Maybe we should bring back slavery as well. Or better yet complete intolerance like Roman rule. Maybe we can crucify those who truly fear the vaccination. Hell lets give them something much worse to worry about.

I Know our vaccination compliance would be much higher if wasn't for all the politicization of the virus. Both parties used the virus in an attempt to gain power. It is the people who are dying due to fear and mistrust of our corrupt government. It is the parties that have corrupted our government and the media that keeps these parties in power. That and ignorance of the people.
And I might add that it doesn't do the government any good to keep changing its mind on what to do every other day. People distrust the government any way, now all the government is doing is giving the people even more reasons to distrust.

And I might add that it doesn't do the government any good to keep changing its mind on what to do every other day. People distrust the government any way, now all the government is doing is giving the people even more reasons to distrust.
The government has lost the trust of the people and with good reason. The government does not work for the people but for the rich and powerful who own both parties. These rich people could care less which party we choose as long as the people are divided 50/50. As long as we continue to blame the other half for everything they can continue to use our government for their benefit.

I like the idea of businesses doing the forcing. The people have a choice. They can get vaccinated or go to work somewhere that does not require vaccination. Government should protect and serve the people. We already have laws that cover that. If you knowingly infect someone then you have committed a crime. We already have laws that do not allow people to knowingly endanger people. If you do not wear a mask in public places and infect people then you can be charged. But these Gestapo tactics of check points and stopping people who have done nothing wrong need to end in this country. Unless we decide we no longer want to be free.
Exactly, the people do have a choice. In Alaska, any business that requires a mask or requires their employees to be vaccinated will find themself out of business in a heartbeat.

The Safeway chain imposed masks in the lower-48, and when they attempted to impose those same restrictions in Alaska last year their stores became a ghost-town. Within 10 days of creating their mandatory mask policy they were forced to make it optional, or go out of business completely. Similar situations in Alaska occurred in other nation-wide chains.

If you want to intentionally incite panic and completely lose your minds over a virus that 99.95% of the people survive, be my guest. Just don't expect that kind of leftist lunacy in Alaska. We don't tolerate that BS here.

Exactly, the people do have a choice. In Alaska, any business that requires a mask or requires their employees to be vaccinated will find themself out of business in a heartbeat.

The Safeway chain imposed masks in the lower-48, and when they attempted to impose those same restrictions in Alaska last year their stores became a ghost-town. Within 10 days of creating their mandatory mask policy they were forced to make it optional, or go out of business completely. Similar situations in Alaska occurred in other nation-wide chains.

If you want to intentionally incite panic and completely lose your minds over a virus that 99.95% of the people survive, be my guest. Just don't expect that kind of leftist lunacy in Alaska. We don't tolerate that BS here.
Glitch, I lived in Fairbanks for 8 years, I recall the outrage from Alaskans when the EPA mandated oxy-fuel when the air quality hit a certain level. The EPA didn't take into account the effects of oxy-fuel emissions when combined with temps of 30 below and greater, this caused a far more hazardous air quality than they were trying to resolve. The people of Alaska and the State told the EPA just where to shove their regulations and ignored it and went back to using non oxy-fuel. Yes, the people in Alaska don't tolerate BS.

national emergencies do not override the constitution. The govn't has no power or authority to force anyone to wear a mask, or be vaccinated. People are morons for not doing both, but they govn't can do nothing about it. The way forward is what has been happening. Private businesses are requiring vaccines for EE's, and also requiring masks on premises. That is all that can be done.
really? So, how was it that we put Japanese Americans in concentration camps during WWII?

This vaccine has only been out since December, you're saying that is enough time to determine what the long term effects will be. There were trials that lasted a few months before the vaccine was released, most vaccines take years of trials before they are released to the general population so I can understand the hesitance in taking this vaccine, in the long run the cure may will be worse than the virus itself.
actually, that is false...mRNA vaccines have existed for over 30 years.

that was unconstitutional, and the govn't initiated reparations to make up for it. So as I said, the govn't has no authority to suspend the constitution, even in a state of emergency.
that isn't what the courts say. Korematsu V US.

Emergency powers....are quite extensive....remember Trump and his fake emergency? It was okay then wasn't it?

Emergency powers....are quite extensive....remember Trump and his fake emergency? It was okay then wasn't it?
I don't support fake emergencies by either of our corrupt parties. Slick Willie opened my eyes.

If some/too many US citizens have, and, or continue to ignore steps to prevent contracting, and, or the spread of the deadly COVID-19 virus, who do so by claiming that their personal rights, and, or freedoms are being violated does stated declaration in Proclamation 9994 have any teeth what-so-ever to charge violators with a federal crime?

There remains a need to continue this national emergency. The COVID-19 pandemic continues to cause significant risk to the public health and safety of the Nation.
When a man with an unrelated (to Covid) emergency gets turned away from 40 some emergency rooms because they're full of unvaccinated Covid patients, I'd say we have a medical emergency.

Back
Top Bottom