• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

National Emergency declared in Proclamation 9994 concerning the COVID-19 pandemic.

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
If some/too many US citizens have, and, or continue to ignore steps to prevent contracting, and, or the spread of the deadly COVID-19 virus, who do so by claiming that their personal rights, and, or freedoms are being violated does stated declaration in Proclamation 9994 have any teeth what-so-ever to charge violators with a federal crime?

There remains a need to continue this national emergency. The COVID-19 pandemic continues to cause significant risk to the public health and safety of the Nation.

If some/too many US citizens have, and, or continue to ignore steps to prevent contracting, and, or the spread of the deadly COVID-19 virus, who do so by claiming that their personal rights, and, or freedoms are being violated does stated declaration in Proclamation 9994 have any teeth what-so-ever to charge violators with a federal crime?

There remains a need to continue this national emergency. The COVID-19 pandemic continues to cause significant risk to the public health and safety of the Nation.
No.

I'll accept your "no" for now. How many must die (that also includes children) before we consider charging "violators" during a national emergency hammered by a killer pandemic?

I'll accept your "no" for now. How many must die (that also includes children) before we consider charging "violators" during a national emergency hammered by a killer pandemic?
national emergencies do not override the constitution. The govn't has no power or authority to force anyone to wear a mask, or be vaccinated. People are morons for not doing both, but they govn't can do nothing about it. The way forward is what has been happening. Private businesses are requiring vaccines for EE's, and also requiring masks on premises. That is all that can be done.

What exactly would you charge people with?

I'm all for it. If it were up to me, people who won't get vaccinated will bare the total cost of doctor/hospital care IF they are infected by the virus. I'm fed up with their ridiculous reasons for being selfish and inconsiderate. Maybe a 1/4 of a million dollar hospital bill will give them a small reason to do the right thing. The piss-off thing is these same people are bitchin' about the infrastructure bill but cause society to pay almost the same monies because they can't just suck it up and get their sorry asses down to the vaccination place.

Charge away. Start with the majority who are refusing the vaccine and isn't that the minorities?

national emergencies do not override the constitution. The govn't has no power or authority to force anyone to wear a mask, or be vaccinated. People are morons for not doing both, but they govn't can do nothing about it. The way forward is what has been happening. Private businesses are requiring vaccines for EE's, and also requiring masks on premises. That is all that can be done.
That's the part that I don't get. If we're physically attacked by an enemy with the soul intent to kill us all, and that enemy is 5x larger and more equipped than our entire military force, wouldn't our govt declare a national emergency that required all capable adult citizens to defend our nation? Usually, under those circumstances most citizens wouldn't have to be asked - they'd just do it. But the way crap is today, common sense nor national emergencies doesn't really mean jack squat. We currently have an enemy more than 5x larger than our military forces that is just as deadly AND damaging to one's health if they survive but there isn't an order given to comply with life saving techniques to help reduce the spread of the COVID pandemic.

I remember a time when there was a draft for the military - even at a time when our enemy was on the other side of the planet and that enemy wasn't a direct threat to our nation. To refuse that order to become Uncle Sammy's GI, one would be sent to prison and carry that punishment on one's record for life. So, if memory serves me right, there wasn't even any declared emergency in place. Just our US government who told some of us to jump - jump right over to SE Asia with a really good chance to be killed - or else.

Charge away. Start with the majority who are refusing the vaccine and isn't that the minorities?
A charge should be incurred to all violators without exemptions. Everyone!!

Isn’t it interesting that blacks and white southerners have United in telling Fauci to go pound sand with his $$ vaccine?

What exactly would you charge people with?
The refusal to comply with life saving instructions during a national emergency inside the US that's under an assault of a deadly virus. Prior to charging violators, warning citations should be issued first. Since we all love our freedom, lets put that love to the test. Simply follow instructions until the deadly virus is mostly eradicated / contained or give that freedom up until the national emergency is lifted.

Isn’t it interesting that blacks and white southerners have United in telling Fauci to go pound sand with his $$ vaccine?
Those repetitious violators (in the entire US) should pound rocks at prisons, while under a national emergency.

The refusal to comply with life saving instructions during a national emergency inside the US that's under an assault of a deadly virus. Prior to charging violators, warning citations should be issued first. Since we all love our freedom, lets put that love to the test. Simply follow instructions until the deadly virus is mostly eradicated / contained or give that freedom up until the national emergency is lifted.
Under what law?

I'm all for it. If it were up to me, people who won't get vaccinated will bare the total cost of doctor/hospital care IF they are infected by the virus. I'm fed up with their ridiculous reasons for being selfish and inconsiderate. Maybe a 1/4 of a million dollar hospital bill will give them a small reason to do the right thing. The piss-off thing is these same people are bitchin' about the infrastructure bill but cause society to pay almost the same monies because they can't just suck it up and get their sorry asses down to the vaccination place.
(y)I too have thought the same. If we were able to charge the violators, that would also come with a reasonable fine - and that could go towards our debt related to this growing killer pandemic. Another way to look at incarcerating the ignorant assholes is to see it as quarantining them inside special prisons just for them. Doctors optional based on availability.

So it's okay to force people to get a vaccine that we have no idea what the long term effects are going to be. For the government to punish people for exercising rights is a few steps to far, these are the actions a totalitarian government and not the government the Constitution has designed.

Under what law?
There isn't one created for this that I know of. That's the part that I don't get. Without laws, there isn't anything to really motivate dumbasses to do what's good for our nation under assault.

Study after study is showing you are, shockingly, misrepresenting the issue. Again.

Vaccine hesitancy with some groups can be worked on, vaccine "absolutely not" denial is an entirely different problem to contend with. At least with minorities the overwhelming response is "wait and see" not the "definitely not" we get from largely white conservatives.

Now I doubt you will read any of the below, and your typical hyper-partisanship would never allow you to admit being wrong.

But you are entirely wrong.

The article:

What is referenced:

So it's okay to force people to get a vaccine that we have no idea what the long term effects are going to be. For the government to punish people for exercising rights is a few steps to far, these are the actions a totalitarian government and not the government the Constitution has designed.
Do we know what all the long term effects are from those who have luckily survived the COVID? There's been ongoing reports about that shit. However, medical exemptions should apply when warranted. I have understood the hesitancies during the first 6 months when said vaccines began, but there's been an enough trial and error period for many to feel safe about them since this past April/May. Besides, it's just not the vaccines alone. Masks and social distancing all applies, when a killer mutated virus gains speed again.

Do we know what all the long term effects are from those who have luckily survived the COVID? There's been ongoing reports about that shit. However, medical exemptions should apply when warranted. I have understood the hesitancies during the first 6 months when said vaccines began, but there's been an enough trial and error period for many to feel safe about them since this past April/May. Besides, it's just not the vaccines alone. Masks and social distancing all applies, when a killer mutated virus gains speed again.
This vaccine has only been out since December, you're saying that is enough time to determine what the long term effects will be. There were trials that lasted a few months before the vaccine was released, most vaccines take years of trials before they are released to the general population so I can understand the hesitance in taking this vaccine, in the long run the cure may will be worse than the virus itself.

This vaccine has only been out since December, you're saying that is enough time to determine what the long term effects will be. There were trials that lasted a few months before the vaccine was released, most vaccines take years of trials before they are released to the general population so I can understand the hesitance in taking this vaccine, in the long run the cure may will be worse than the virus itself.
What's worse my friend - the mutating killer virus in the long run or vaccines that haven't been found to be destroying a majority of lives so far?

I see in your sig that you're a Nam Vet. Me too. Now, lets go there for a minute. Remember what a f**king bad ass Charlie was? Persistent f**ker wasn't he? He/she didn't give a flying **** about us at all - just wanted our asses dead!! So, lets call that Charlie 1.0 - we've been through COVID 1.0 and that was bad but now we're on COVID 2.0 and look what a bad ass it is! COVID 2.0 doesn't give a flying rat's ass who we are either. The best part of this is the it is us who are helping COVID 2.0 spread. We didn't spread Charlie 1.0 in Nam - because we took all precautions to kill Charlie. Here today, we're tossing all caution to the wind and setting ourselves up for COVID 3.0 probably before the first of the year. Now, imagine a Charlie 3.0 - I can't!! My God, we'd be instantly wiped out in no time. Is that your goal with a COVID 3.0 assault?

Do you like kids? Do you want to see kids live beyond 2021/22? I sure do. In order to do any of this take the shot, wear masks and social distance / no crowds!! At least do the last two if you don't want that shot. For the sake of your loved ones, friends and kids!!!

I think we already have laws that cover the intentional spread of a disease to other people. If you intentionally spread a deadly disease to someone and they die that is murder just the same as shooting them.

Now if the people wear the mask that we have been told is the salvation for this disease by the left then there should be no problem. They either wear a mask or self quarantine like the medical people returning from Africa who may have Ebola.

Oh wait we couldn't even trust medical personal trained in dealing with deadly contagions to follow the rules. I seem to remember the left supporting their right not to have to mandatory quarantine before reentering the US.

Well I guess since double standards are the new rule of law it is a mood point. I say if they are democratic party supporters nothing needs to be done and if they are republican supporters then they should lock them up and throw away the key. At least until the republicans regain control of our government. Then we can do the opposite.

I think we already have laws that cover the intentional spread of a disease to other people. If you intentionally spread a deadly disease to someone and they die that is murder just the same as shooting them.

Now if the people wear the mask that we have been told is the salvation for this disease by the left then there should be no problem. They either wear a mask or self quarantine like the medical people returning from Africa who may have Ebola.

Oh wait we couldn't even trust medical personal trained in dealing with deadly contagions to follow the rules. I seem to remember the left supporting their right not to have to mandatory quarantine before reentering the US.

Well I guess since double standards are the new rule of law it is a mood point. I say if they are democratic party supporters nothing needs to be done and if they are republican supporters then they should lock them up and throw away the key. At least until the republicans regain control of our government. Then we can do the opposite.
I remember when the deadly A.I.D.S was used to infect others being a crime. I don't recall a national emergency declared during the time when deadly A.I.D.S was spreading though. Warnings about it, but no national emergency declared.

Of course, during this killer pandemic, said virus shows no political preference other than there appears to be one political side that flubs their nose at taking measured precautions in order to save lives and prevent/reduce the spread of it. A declared national emergency doesn't target political preferences. It seems as if the word emergency doesn't hold much water with folks, of any political affiliation, who ignores the importance that comes from good medical advice in the effort to save many, many lives - again, of any political affiliation.

If there were a clause included in the writings of a national emergency stating that violators are punishable by law, maybe many would be violators would heed instructions that helped a nation to avoid a national devastation until said national emergency was no longer needed.

I remember when the deadly A.I.D.S was used to infect others being a crime. I don't recall a national emergency declared during the time when deadly A.I.D.S was spreading though. Warnings about it, but no national emergency declared.

Of course, during this killer pandemic, said virus shows no political preference other than there appears to be one political side that flubs their nose at taking measured precautions in order to save lives and prevent/reduce the spread of it. A declared national emergency doesn't target political preferences. It seems as if the word emergency doesn't hold much water with folks, of any political affiliation, who ignores the importance that comes from good medical advice in the effort to save many, many lives - again, of any political affiliation.

If there were a clause included in the writings of a national emergency stating that violators are punishable by law, maybe many would be violators would heed instructions that helped a nation to avoid a national devastation until said national emergency was no longer needed.
I like the idea of businesses doing the forcing. The people have a choice. They can get vaccinated or go to work somewhere that does not require vaccination. Government should protect and serve the people. We already have laws that cover that. If you knowingly infect someone then you have committed a crime. We already have laws that do not allow people to knowingly endanger people. If you do not wear a mask in public places and infect people then you can be charged. But these Gestapo tactics of check points and stopping people who have done nothing wrong need to end in this country. Unless we decide we no longer want to be free.

Back
Top Bottom