• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nathan Phillips vet status in question

His veteran status was a reason cited by people jumping down that kid’s throat before all the facts came out.
Was it the reason? No. Relevant to the incident itself? No.

Semper Fi

Dont start that **** with me. I spent 20 years in the Air Force and have worked the last 16 with the Army and have never so much as uttered an OO rah or a Hu ah.

;)

No, I'm saying Leftists are idiots.
You called a literal repetition of one of Trump’s lines “the typical leftist plan B”.

It was very relevant when this lie first came out.
I said it was irrelevant to the incident. And that is correct. His purported veteran status was played up by the media afterwards however, even that alone wasn’t what drove the headlines. It was young privileged boys with MAGA hats supposedly harassing and elderly Native American.

You called a literal repetition of one of Trump’s lines “the typical leftist plan B”.

I said it was irrelevant to the incident. And that is correct. His purported veteran status was played up by the media afterwards however, even that alone wasn’t what drove the headlines. It was young privileged boys with MAGA hats supposedly harassing and elderly Native American.

It was very relevant to the incident, when the fake report was first published.

Not, it was a bunch of kids minding their own business, who were assaulted by adults.

Dont start that **** with me. I spent 20 years in the Air Force and have worked the last 16 with the Army and have never so much as uttered an OO rah or a Hu ah.

;)

I said "hooah" all the time...lol

I said "hooah" all the time...lol
Not me...not once. In fact when I had one of our CSMs virtually DEMAND it of me (jokingly) I offered to gave him the verbal command vs the acronym...and his response was Hey...I didnt know it actually STOOD for something!

Good times. Some of the soldiers here swear they will get one out of me before I retire.

Nah, you missed the obvious driver of the story. If everything else was exactly the same except the boys didn’t have MAGA hats on it likely wouldn’t have even made the local news much less major networks.

Not, it was a bunch of kids minding their own business, who were assaulted by adults.
Even the so-called Jewish Israelites foul behavior towards everyone wouldn’t have been noticed.

;)

I won't hold it against you.:lol:

Not me...not once. In fact when I had one of our CSMs virtually DEMAND it of me (jokingly) I offered to gave him the verbal command vs the acronym...and his response was Hey...I didnt know it actually STOOD for something!

Good times. Some of the soldiers here swear they will get one out of me before I retire.

I appreciated the historical significance.

His words....

"Phillips also described coming back to the U.S. as a veteran of the Vietnam era. “People called me a baby killer and a hippie girl spit on me.”
https://newsmaven.io/indiancountryt...ton-national-cemetery-tMOxOLqrJU6Ux9hZvXAzYQ/

Ah...see the edit at the bottom of the page...

Note: This article has been adjusted from it's original version to show that Nathan Phillips was a Vietnam-era veteran and that he was spit on while in uniform as opposed to when he was returning from combat.

Hippy spit must be like being hit by a zombie because he’s now the drum circle guy running around provoking center right activists who didn’t do anything to him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of us who follow "Stolen Valor" have been tracking him for a while now. And his own quotes tend to suggest he is indeed lying about his past.

He raised a wooden staff adorned with nine eagle feathers in the air as he addressed his security team, volunteers who had stepped back into familiar roles guarding gates at camp. They were outfitted in head-to-toe camouflage, masked by bandanas printed with the word Resist, and bearing walkie-talkies. “I have a relative here who said he’d lead the way and scout ahead for us,” Phillips continued, his voice breaking. “You know, I’m from Vietnam times. I’m what they call a recon ranger. That was my role. So I thank you for taking that point position for me.”
https://www.vogue.com/projects/13542941/return-to-standing-rock/

Coming from somebody who claims to be a "Combat marine", this is something I find highly puzzling and inconsistent. No Marine is going to refer to themselves as a "Recon Ranger". Rangers is a unit in the Army, the Marines have Force Recon. The two simply do not go together. And he is consistent in implying he is a combat vet, even if he does not use those exact words.

Then when his age and claims of work history are combined, there is simply no way he could have served in an Infantry role in Vietnam. And if he was in Marine Recon, there is no way he could have finished the training until 1977, 2 years after the fall of Saigon.

Myself, I am waiting until TAH finishes their investigation. I am curious to see what his DD-214 says, and the records of his duty postings.

https://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=84414

The joy of being retired Air Force...we wouldnt care if you did.......

;)

I kick myself all the time not staying. I don't know how the AF was, but when I was in the corps, the morale was in the ****ter.

I kick myself all the time not staying. I don't know how the AF was, but when I was in the corps, the morale was in the ****ter.
The AF was....different. You know...I grew up in the navy, served in the AF, and work for the Army. The AF is just like being in the Military. We have uniforms and everything. I guess the key difference is when we retire we actually have marketable skills and an education.

;)

Just teasing. It was different but I loved my time in the AF. I guess said more appropriately, i loved my time in the AF when we were actually doing the job. I could do without the politics of home station. But I deployed...a LOT....

Bingo.

How is philips’ veteran status relevant?

It is relevant because CNN activists presented the "fact" to illustrate the grave nature of the purported "thought crime" of the students- harassing an elderly Native American man who also happened to be a war veteran. It only become irrelevant when the leftist "facts" start to unravel.

Then when his age and claims of work history are combined, there is simply no way he could have served in an Infantry role in Vietnam. And if he was in Marine Recon, there is no way he could have finished the training until 1977, 2 years after the fall of Saigon.

Myself, I am waiting until TAH finishes their investigation. I am curious to see what his DD-214 says, and the records of his duty postings.

https://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=84414

Anybody who has ever attended a protest march in any capacity (CNN- at least purportedly) knows that marches bring out a lot of everybody- including a few attention seekers, "Walter Mittys" and the plain strange. All the more reason to verify claims made by attendees before reporting them as "facts".

Last edited:
It is relevant because CNN activists presented the "fact" to illustrate the grave nature of the purported "thought crime" of the students- harassing an elderly Native American man who also happened to be a war veteran. It only become irrelevant when the leftist "facts" start to unravel.
Careful, your bias is showing. CNN was not the only media outlet to include Philips’ claim of being a Marine Viet Nam vet.

What we do know is that the Native American and the high school junior were nose to nose and neither was mature enough to step away. That and the Dbag Hebrew Israelites were the primary instigators.

Even though his veteran status is completely irrelevant to the recent event in D.C..

Which begs the question: why are right wingers so desperate to trash his military service? The fact of the matter is that he served, at a time when an unpopular war was going on, meaning that he was at risk for being sent into harm’s way. But because he was on the Mall near a bunch of kids who were not little angels, and even though he did nothing wrong there (unless you consider beating a drum and making a NA chant “wrong”), the Right is on a truly vicious campaign of politics of personal destruction. That’s truly despicable of them.

Careful, your bias is showing. CNN was not the only media outlet to include Philips’ claim of being a Marine Viet Nam vet.

What we do know is that the Native American and the high school junior were nose to nose and neither was mature enough to step away. That and the Dbag Hebrew Israelites were the primary instigators.

So why haven’t the kids’ supporters been calling for the Hebrew Israelites to apologize instead of the left?

Wouldn't that be the icing on the cake? We'll see if this is confirmed, either way, but Phillips' age make the claim that he's a "Vietnam veteran" highly dubious.

Washington Times did a piece as well:

Phillips was probably in the same unit with Senator Blumenthal, the notorious stolen valor Vietnam hero.

Phillips was probably in the same unit with Senator Blumenthal, the notorious stolen valor Vietnam hero.

They both fought in the Battle of Hanoi. Their unit was the spearhead for the attack.

Which begs the question: why are right wingers so desperate to trash his military service? The fact of the matter is that he served, at a time when an unpopular war was going on, meaning that he was at risk for being sent into harm’s way. But because he was on the Mall near a bunch of kids who were not little angels, and even though he did nothing wrong there (unless you consider beating a drum and making a NA chant “wrong”), the Right is on a truly vicious campaign of politics of personal destruction. That’s truly despicable of them.

Trashing his service? I dont think so.

Trashing his purported claim he served in Vietnam? I think that is the focus.

However, you may want to read his own words that he initiated the confrontation.....there is always another side to each story.

… he did claim, "You know, I’m from Vietnam times. I’m what they call a recon ranger. That was my role. So I thank you for taking that point position for me.”, in an interview with Democratic Underground: https://www.democraticunderground.org/100211698735

There's no such thing as a "recon ranger".

Wrong!

The history of Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol (LRRP—pronounced "Lurp"), LRP, and Ranger units deployed during the Cold War in Europe and Vietnam is based on three time periods: 1) LRRP from late 1965 to 20 December 1967; 2) LRP from late December 1967 through January 1969; and 3) Ranger from 1 February 1969, to 1972

Based out of Fort Benning, Georgia, RRC is among the premier special reconnaissance units of the U.S. military.
RRD, as it was originally called, was activated in October 1984 with the formation of the 75th Ranger Regiment Headquarters at Fort Benning. The detachment was tasked with providing worldwide reconnaissance and operational preparation of the environment in support of the 75th Ranger Regiment and other units within USASOC and JSOC.

Back
Top Bottom