• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nathan Phillips demands students punishement

:lamo

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. “You know, I’m from Vietnam times. I’m what they call a recon ranger. That was my role."

You swallow everything they spoon feed you. No one turned him into anything. He showed himself to be a piece of **** and a liar. But thats OK...there are plenty of piece of **** stolen valor clowns out there. What is pathetic is the number of leftists tripping over themselves to defend him...all because he plays into their empty headed hatred.
HE brings up Vietnam...though he didnt even join the marine RESERVES until a full year AFTER the last marine field unit was OUT of Vietnam. HE talks about 'returning to the states' and being spit on which was of course a lie because he never LEFT the states. HE talks about, you know...my DD214 has a box marked that shows I was in theater, but I usually just say I dont remember those times.....

and HE is the clown that keeps putting himself in front of the cameras.

He was a recon ranger at Standing Rock

Chase Iron Eyes, lead attorney for the Lakota People’s Law Project, says there has been a lot of backlash regarding Phillips’ response regarding comments at Standing Rock over the term ‘recon ranger.’

Iron Eyes told Indian Country Today, “The recon ranger quote was taken completely out of context. I’ve known Nathan a long time. He was speaking about his role at Standing Rock, he was not talking about his role in the military. He has always said Vietnam Times or Vietnam era when referring to his military service.”

https://newsmaven.io/indiancountryt...lips-military-records-p3Gs--zUpUiwJPURPIlzxg/

I am not dumb, and I know the only reason people like you are acting like this, is because you don't identify him as being on your side in the culture wars. There is a huge race issue for people like you. I right wingers say this symbolic of the white man being under attack and all kinds of stuff. I know how you feel, I know what you're doing, and I know how bias people like you can be. :shrug:

It's been over a week now.
Given the biased coverage right after it happened there was an excuse.
There can't be anyone who still believes any of Philips' stories anymore.
Can there?

I don't know Jet. A lot of his live feeds on his Native Youth Alliance Facebook page aren't synced very well.

At about 23:45: "I got a Section 8 home because I'm a veteran, wartime veteran like that. Honorable, in theater, so I have Section 8 home."

That part faked as well?

Fake as hell dude. The far trolls tried to do the same thing with Obama and failed miserably. So I'm not entertaining that crap anymore.

I didnt offer a facebook video. I offered a news site and interview he did.

Its pathetic that you still defend that feckless piece of ****.

It's the very same video on both sites and it's fake as hell.

Chase Iron Eyes, lead attorney for the Lakota People’s Law Project, says there has been a lot of backlash regarding Phillips’ response regarding comments at Standing Rock over the term ‘recon ranger.’

Iron Eyes told Indian Country Today, “The recon ranger quote was taken completely out of context. I’ve known Nathan a long time. He was speaking about his role at Standing Rock, he was not talking about his role in the military. He has always said Vietnam Times or Vietnam era when referring to his military service.”

https://newsmaven.io/indiancountryt...lips-military-records-p3Gs--zUpUiwJPURPIlzxg/

I am not dumb, and I know the only reason people like you are acting like this, is because you don't identify him as being on your side in the culture wars. There is a huge race issue for people like you. I right wingers say this symbolic of the white man being under attack and all kinds of stuff. I know how you feel, I know what you're doing, and I know how bias people like you can be. :shrug:
Yeah. THATS what he was. A 'Recon Ranger'. Like when he was in Vietnam times.

It's the very same video on both sites and it's fake as hell.

The quote I cited has nothing to do wiuth the video on Facebook. And as for it being 'fake'...

What WONT you swallow for the man?

In the video you can hear the kids laughing and shouting at Philips. Though indiscernible we can still hear it and Philips reported it as well. It's thuggish behavior.
It has been reported that the high school kids were shouting their school chant. :shrug:
Not so certain that any of those were directed at Phillips, but more so in response to the profanities and racist taunts shouted by the Black Israelites.

Phillips did not get in the kid's face, the kid blocked Phillip's path, so he just stopped and the rest of the boys got closer and surrounded him; that is when Phillips describes becoming fearful of what was going to happen to him.

I think we can safely discount any recounting from Phillips as being unreliable and biased, given that his recounting has been contradicted on a number of accounts and his false claims of having served in Vietnam and his previous incidences of incitement behaviors. Deemed as an unreliable witness.

From what has been reported, the high school kids were standing, and Phillips approached them.

The MAGA hats have come to represent far-right thuggish behavior and thinking; you know this very well, it's been all over the media and Trump rallies and demonstrations.

So you are accusing the high schooler's with a 'facecrime' or a hat crime then.

It represents a certain mind frame that is nationalistic and racist. So, just like Antifa, people who wear them are going to be perceived by the behavior that always follows.

Disputable. Sure, leftist, liberals, progressives and Democrats make those accusations, but then, they all make any number of unfounded accusations against those who have the temerity to have political positions and opinions that differ from theirs, as a means to silence any differing political opposition to their agenda and preferred narratives.

Interesting that an entire class of high school students was wearing politically charged hats though, don't you think?
Not surprising at all, when the school's field trip was to attend the March For Life event. I'd imagine that there's a fairly sizable overlap in supporters of both.
The Lord of the Flies "look" was provocative.

So the accusation is for an alleged 'facecrime' then.

Fake as hell dude. The far trolls tried to do the same thing with Obama and failed miserably. So I'm not entertaining that crap anymore.

You're right. The difference between Obama and this person is, Obama had more power and his own media machine. This guy is a private citizen and pretty much powerless against the attacks. Still, they believed what they wanted about Obama. At some point, the Trump train is going to end, but the damage Trump has done to our alliances and domestic discourse is going to last a long, long time, and I am considered.

For those keeping track:

1. He wasn't Honorably Discharged, as he went UA (Marine Corps Version of AWOL) on multiple occasions.
2. Nothing in his DD 214 says he was in theater.

From an actual veteran who's deployed to war:

In reality, Phillips has been all over the place in his description of his service. Sometimes he’s truthful. Sometimes he’s vague. And sometimes, like in the video above, he lies.

It is honorable to serve in the Marine Corps Reserve. It is honorable to serve stateside, and the military needs refrigerator technicians (the job he performed during most of his service). It is dishonorable to lie about your service — to steal your credibility from the valor of others — and it is dishonorable to exaggerate your role. He once reportedly called himself a “recon ranger” (whatever that is). To the extent that your assessment of the confrontation at the Lincoln Memorial relies in any way on the word of Nathan Phillips, it’s time to rethink your assessment. He is not a truthful man.

Phillips meant Power Ranger - not recon ranger. He just misspoke.

You're right. The difference between Obama and this person is, Obama had more power and his own media machine. This guy is a private citizen and pretty much powerless against the attacks. Still, they believed what they wanted about Obama. At some point, the Trump train is going to end, but the damage Trump has done to our alliances and domestic discourse is going to last a long, long time, and I am considered.

I think you meant to say "concerned"... But, very well said. It's a kind of insanity that I really believe is intentional and I think that ANTIFA was a part of it as well. Such trolling uses formats like this to spread rumor and incite ill behavior. They know exactly what they're doing and there will be an end to THIS particular line, but we will have to watch for the next one.

The GOOD news is that - as I've predicted for years around here, the cornered whipped dog is lunging back and we see that in the big strikes and the winning of them with more on the way. Google itself suffered an international wild cat strike that was very successful as well and the far right has no defense against people power. If anything, we are corralling the far right and choking off the avenues of influence, so we have to keep vigilant on forums like this and keep shutting them down with reality.

Phillips meant Power Ranger - not recon ranger. He just misspoke.

Its classic. Phillips brings up Vietnam at every turn, gets his nose rubbed in the pile of **** he leaves, and leftists jump in and shriek "why are you bringing up Vietnam????"

He was a recon ranger at Standing Rock, so again, your own fake news isn't reporting the fact correctly or listening to what he said. You guys have turned him into a villain and liar, and spent more time directing your anger on a man who claims he wanted to diffuse the situation instead of realizing the worst people were actually BHI.

Thats exactly it. He CLAIMED he was wading into the kids to defuse it as his right hand native man standing next to him screamed "Go back to europe! Get off my land!"

Hes a hypocrite at best!

And now he led a mob of people into a catholic church to disrupt them during prayer. HES AN INSTIGATOR PRETENDING TO BE A WISE OLD MAN.

I think you meant to say "concerned"... But, very well said. It's a kind of insanity that I really believe is intentional and I think that ANTIFA was a part of it as well. Such trolling uses formats like this to spread rumor and incite ill behavior. They know exactly what they're doing and there will be an end to THIS particular line, but we will have to watch for the next one.

The GOOD news is that - as I've predicted for years around here, the cornered whipped dog is lunging back and we see that in the big strikes and the winning of them with more on the way. Google itself suffered an international wild cat strike that was very successful as well and the far right has no defense against people power. If anything, we are corralling the far right and choking off the avenues of influence, so we have to keep vigilant on forums like this and keep shutting them down with reality.

haha... yes, I did mean concerned. I hope you're right about people figuring out how to fight for themselves without the government's help, because we need to. These Trump supporters keep attacking about MSM news, but right wing news is just as bad in creating distracting, fake news, and enabling government corruption that furthers the interests of very few in America. Trying to keep the masses distracted and fighting each other, serves the corrupt system.

Look at Trump and how MSM and right wing media helped get him elected, and his voters were chanting to lock people up. Hillary is corrupt, but Trump is far more corrupt than her, and that's the real irony.

People do need to fight the system outside of government and elected officials leading them. They aren't fighting for any of us, and the entire media is enabling the corrupt system.

In the video you can hear the kids laughing and shouting at Philips. Though indiscernible we can still hear it and Philips reported it as well. It's thuggish behavior.

Phillips did not get in the kid's face, the kid blocked Phillip's path, so he just stopped and the rest of the boys got closer and surrounded him; that is when Phillips describes becoming fearful of what was going to happen to him.

The MAGA hats have come to represent far-right thuggish behavior and thinking; you know this very well, it's been all over the media and Trump rallies and demonstrations. It represents a certain mind frame that is nationalistic and racist. So, just like Antifa, people who wear them are going to be perceived by the behavior that always follows.

Interesting that an entire class of high school students was wearing politically charged hats though, don't you think?

The Lord of the Flies "look" was provocative.

He became fearful so shoved his drum deeper into the kids face and chanted louder instead of just turning around... And if you watch all the videos by the end of it all the kids DO LEAVE and just leave Nathan standing there and nathan turns around and starts finding someone else to beat his drum for. The guy is a liar and you should carefully watch the whole thing.

Last edited:
How is this in media bias?

Are you saying that bias in the media is reporting on something Phillips has said? The bias is merely them saying "remember that guy Phillips? He said this thing here: ______"? The only way not to be biased is for them to not report on people or subjects you don't like, such as Phillips. That would be massively ironic.

Because the media isnt showing the exact video I posted of him purposely storming a catholic mass. Its just absent from the Media Jesus Christ.

Why isnt the media portraying him as an asshole for purposely interrupting church services? But I STILL see anti-maga hat boys up on yahoo.

The kid said he wants to to talk to Nathan.

Nathan said he's willing to talk to the kid, but then leads a march into catholic mass demanding their punishment....

Last edited:
He was a recon ranger at Standing Rock, so again, your own fake news isn't reporting the fact correctly or listening to what he said. You guys have turned him into a villain and liar, and spent more time directing your anger on a man who claims he wanted to diffuse the situation instead of realizing the worst people were actually BHI.
1. Phillips turned himself into a liar. No one else has the power to do that.

2. You are right, however, about the BHI. I notice the left and MSM doesn't talk much about them, either.

Since we agree that the BHI was by far the most atrocious actor, why do you think Phillips decided to take their side, lying about the boys by claiming in fact that the BHI were the victims of the "beastly" boys, and people he chose to defend, rather than honestly describing their actions?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same. Hillary is gone. They need another enemy to rally around. It doesn't look like Trump is winning, people around him keep getting arrested, and his supporters are not better off because of Trump, so they may as well dive into the culture war BS. And this man is a private citizen. He once lived in Section 8 housing. He is not powerful. He didn't hire a PR firm like the Nick Sandmann. It's really really sad to see people act like animals in this country over something like this. There is serious hate, anger, and resentment in the hearts of some of these Trump supporters.

Why would he need a PR firm when he has the bulk of the media presenting his story to the public?

Thats exactly it. He CLAIMED he was wading into the kids to defuse it as his right hand native man standing next to him screamed "Go back to europe! Get off my land!"

Hes a hypocrite at best!

And now he led a mob of people into a catholic church to disrupt them during prayer. HES AN INSTIGATOR PRETENDING TO BE A WISE OLD MAN.

He's an abusive old alcoholic that deliberately causes conflict pro-actively charging at other people - and then claiming he is a victim fearing for his life in self-pity fund raising promotion.

When Phillips claimed that his DD 214 showed that, during Vietnam, he'd served in theater, was that honest, or a lie?

When he claimed to have recieved an honorable discharge, was that honest, or a lie?

When he claimed that he'd served during Vietnam, and that when he got back, he'd been spit on, was that honest?

Last edited:
It's been over a week now.
Given the biased coverage right after it happened there was an excuse.
There can't be anyone who still believes any of Philips' stories anymore.
Can there?
You can lead those who are desperate for white Trump fans to always be the bad guy to facts, but you can't make them accept them.

Because the media isnt showing the exact video I posted of him purposely storming a catholic mass. Its just absent from the Media Jesus Christ.

Why isnt the media portraying him as an asshole for purposely interrupting church services? But I STILL see anti-maga hat boys up on yahoo.

The kid said he wants to to talk to Nathan.

Nathan said he's willing to talk to the kid, but then leads a march into catholic mass demanding their punishment....

That you say the media would show itself unbiased if it sought to "portray[] him as an asshole", and that it is biased for not "portraying" him as such is all we need to know.

1. Phillips turned himself into a liar. No one else has the power to do that.

2. You are right, however, about the BHI. I notice the left and MSM doesn't talk much about them, either.

Since we agree that the BHI was by far the most atrocious actor, why do you think Phillips decided to take their side, lying about the boys by claiming in fact that the BHI were the victims of the "beastly" boys, and people he chose to defend, rather than honestly describing their actions?

Oh...I know this one!

Because he is a cowardly piece of **** and not a little bit of a racist himself.

That you say the media would show itself unbiased if it sought to "portray[] him as an asshole", and that it is biased for not "portraying" him as such is all we need to know.

All they gotta do is show the video of his storming catholic church during mass and demanding the students punishment and then people will go "Ohhh... Hes an asshole". They dont have to skew or slight it or bias it in any way, like they did to the kid.

Yet more right-wing trolling. What was the Indian demonstration doing that was illegal? What was Phillips doing that was illegal? When did he ever say that he fought in Vietnam?

And of course the right-wing thuggery is filing suit! They have to get their names into the papers!

Early reports describing Native American protester Nathan Phillips as a "Vietnam veteran" have since received updates clarifying that Phillips described himself as a "Vietnam-era vet"; he was not deployed in the conflict, as it would have been impossible due to the years of his service. But newly surfaced video shows Phillips unequivocally describing himself as a Vietnam veteran, and even adding that his honorable discharge papers prove that he was "in theater."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/nathan-phillips-vietnam-veteran/

He became fearful so shoved his drum deeper into the kids face and chanted louder instead of just turning around... And if you watch all the videos by the end of it all the kids DO LEAVE and just leave Nathan standing there and nathan turns around and starts finding someone else to beat his drum for. The guy is a liar and you should carefully watch the whole thing.

He did no such thing.

Back
Top Bottom