• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Name something you don't think needs refrigeration

I don't recommend it.

My great grandmother always kept farm fresh eggs out, never left them refrigerated, except in the very hot months. I have never kept fresh eggs in the fridge either...as long as they have never been refrigerated, you do not have to refrigerate them. I should mention that I have laying hens, so I do not buy eggs and mine never last more than a few days unused.

Anything that doesn’t say, “refrigerate after opening.”

Aside: Frito Lay make a killer bean dip, best texture is after opening, at the second serving, there are no chips that will stand up to it. The liquid cheese food doesn’t coagulate!

My great grandmother always kept farm fresh eggs out, never left them refrigerated, except in the very hot months. I have never kept fresh eggs in the fridge either...as long as they have never been refrigerated, you do not have to refrigerate them. I should mention that I have laying hens, so I do not buy eggs and mine never last more than a few days unused.
Farm fresh eggs may be an exception. The article I cited states "commercially produced" eggs are at risk.

Farm fresh eggs may be an exception. The article I cited states "commercially produced" eggs are at risk.
They are, here’s why, all commercial egg suppliers (or nearly all, but for the most party any you find in a grocery store) regardless of whether they’re organic, free range blah blah blah wash the eggs clean with hot water to make them pretty and presentable (most yuppies would be shocked to see chicken poop stains on the shell). When they do this it breaks down a thin protective membrane on the shell which acts to keep moisture out of the egg. This membrane is to protect the baby chick inside from getting sick or harmed by bacteria

so farm fresh eggs will last a week or two on the counter in most normal temperature zones, but commercial eggs will absorb moisture which can fuel bacteria growth.
I raised chickens growing up, my family has long done this, my great great grandparents immigrated from the Sudetenland and immediately opened a chicken farm in Washington after getting settled down! We know our chickens

Milk. We don't refrigerate cows, do we?

Back
Top Bottom