• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My hope is that the democrats do nothing to support the monster. No wall , no stupidity.

Free stuff really isn't free except for those who receive it. Someone pays for it or we just keep on borrowing the money to had free stuff out. Was the shutdown worth it either way. I think not. the country would have saved money if Trump didn't demand his wall. The country would have saved money if Pelosi and the Democrats gave Trump his wall.

Government shutdown cost U.S. more than Trump's wall demand

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/government-shutdown-cost-more-than-wall-demand-165956737.html

Regardless who won the political battle, in this case it was Pelosi and the Democrats. The Country lost.

Good point! It does make the point that all Americans have to hear is that somebody else is paying for something and their minds tend to shut off completely. Never mind if there are long term operational costs, maintenance costs, costs to freedoms for some US Citizens, a moral and ethical standard that we in part give up bowing to this edifice on the Southern border. We are already into eminent domain fights just covering the 100 or so miles that gained Appropriations from the FY18 budget, one of them with a 125 year old church that sits astride the border now and is revered by all sorts of local citizens that find it a place of solace and peace regardless of religious affiliation or denomination.

I actually think Pelosi's comment about the Wall being immoral was entirely misunderstood by most that heard it.

Good point! It does make the point that all Americans have to hear is that somebody else is paying for something and their minds tend to shut off completely. Never mind if there are long term operational costs, maintenance costs, costs to freedoms for some US Citizens, a moral and ethical standard that we in part give up bowing to this edifice on the Southern border. We are already into eminent domain fights just covering the 100 or so miles that gained Appropriations from the FY18 budget, one of them with a 125 year old church that sits astride the border now and is revered by all sorts of local citizens that find it a place of solace and peace regardless of religious affiliation or denomination.

I actually think Pelosi's comment about the Wall being immoral was entirely misunderstood by most that heard it.

Pelosi hasn't backed away from that comment. Yes, it did come across that any wall, fence, barrier, etc is immoral. But I didn't pay much attention to it, when it comes to political battles hyperbole and theatrics reigns. the truth and facts are thrown out the window. Her saying what she did, didn't both me. It did give me a good chuckle though.

What we're missing in all this political drama is the straight forward facts, the truth. They're just not there when it comes to politics. Would a wall in certain places on the border help, sure it would. But it isn't an end all as being portrayed by Trump and his cronies.

What is ridicules is Trump willing to cost this country billions of dollars more than his wall would cost to fulfill a campaign promise along with Pelosi willing to cost this country billions more than the cost of the wall to stop Trump from fulfilling a campaign promise. Both are losers in my book.

Of course, I'm biased there. I never liked Trump and never liked Pelosi. Both suck as far as I'm concerned. then again, I never cared one way or the other on the wall either. A compromise could have been worked out, say 2.5 billion with each side giving in some preventing the higher cost of the shutdown to a compromise. Then again, I'm not all that partisan, although I do have my issues. I also don't like and distrust both major parties to what is right and good for this country.

Pelosi hasn't backed away from that comment. Yes, it did come across that any wall, fence, barrier, etc is immoral. But I didn't pay much attention to it, when it comes to political battles hyperbole and theatrics reigns. the truth and facts are thrown out the window. Her saying what she did, didn't both me. It did give me a good chuckle though.

What we're missing in all this political drama is the straight forward facts, the truth. They're just not there when it comes to politics. Would a wall in certain places on the border help, sure it would. But it isn't an end all as being portrayed by Trump and his cronies.

What is ridicules is Trump willing to cost this country billions of dollars more than his wall would cost to fulfill a campaign promise along with Pelosi willing to cost this country billions more than the cost of the wall to stop Trump from fulfilling a campaign promise. Both are losers in my book.

Of course, I'm biased there. I never liked Trump and never liked Pelosi. Both suck as far as I'm concerned. then again, I never cared one way or the other on the wall either. A compromise could have been worked out, say 2.5 billion with each side giving in some preventing the higher cost of the shutdown to a compromise. Then again, I'm not all that partisan, although I do have my issues. I also don't like and distrust both major parties to what is right and good for this country.

Now it sorta' depends on how long a period the funding they are "negotiating" will cover. There is some border barrier construction going on at the Southern border but it is all related to the 2006 Border Fence Act. So even what was in the FY18 budget is and was filling holes left from the earlier construction and repairing and renovating the earlier construction. No matter what Trump says it is, that is in fact.

The current border security elements in this negotiation from the Dem side it is all the stuff I thought would be in a Bill for DHS, more border agents, more technology, more and better scanners at POE's, more vehicles, more aircraft. But the dollar figure being tossed about is something like $50B. Nobody is spending $50B between now and Sept. Just not happening. Nothing close to that is happening....not in 9 months, not in 18 months, not in 36 months....sounds like added funding over a 10 year period to me. We won't know till we see it.

The Dems have said the same thing about more border barrier that I have said. The GOP can come to the negotiation or future Appropriations Bills with specific details of the exact location and exact composition of further border physical barrier for consideration including justification for same (justification, not trumpian rhetoric). If they are unable to do that (and they have yet to be able to do it for over two years) then they can go pound sand! If you can't even define what you want, you don't get billions of $$'s. You get to pound sand unless you have the WH and both ends of the Hill. Then you can do just about anything you want to ....that is IF you want to.

I doubt Trump will sign it because he is just too dead between the ears to even know what is what. All he knows is his base and how much they like the WALL Fight. Not even sure how much they actually want the Wall.

Last edited:
Now it sorta' depends on how long a period the funding they are "negotiating" will cover. There is some border barrier construction going on at the Southern border but it is all related to the 2006 Border Fence Act. So even what was in the FY18 budget is and was filling holes left from the earlier construction and repairing and renovating the earlier construction. No matter what Trump says it is, that is in fact.

The current border security elements in this negotiation from the Dem side it is all the stuff I thought would be in a Bill for DHS, more border agents, more technology, more and better scanners at POE's, more vehicles, more aircraft. But the dollar figure being tossed about is something like $50B. Nobody is spending $50B between now and Sept. Just not happening. Nothing close to that is happening....not in 9 months, not in 18 months, not in 36 months....sounds like added funding over a 10 year period to me. We won't know till we see it.

The Dems have said the same thing about more border barrier that I have said. The GOP can come to the negotiation or future Appropriations Bills with specific details of the exact location and exact composition of further border physical barrier for consideration including justification for same (justification, not trumpian rhetoric). If they are unable to do that (and they have yet to be able to do it for over two years) then they can go pound sand! If you can't even define what you want, you don't get billions of $$'s. You get to pound sand unless you have the WH and both ends of the Hill. Then you can do just about anything you want to ....that is IF you want to.

I doubt Trump will sign it because he is just too dead between the ears to even know what is what. All he knows is his base and how much they like the WALL Fight. Not even sure how much they actually want the Wall.

What I want to see is the 7 remaining appropriations bills get passed and signed into law to fund those departments and agencies for the rest of the fiscal year. What I really, really hope for is that Pelosi and company once that happens starts work immediately on all 12 appropriation bills for the next fiscal year so they will be passed and signed into law by 30 Sep, the end of this fiscal year.

We're in this fix because the Republican congress last year failed to do their job. That is get all 12 appropriations bills passed prior to the end of the fiscal year. We've been running on CR's since Bill Clinton with no formal budget passed or just portions passed and then more CR's. Is it too much to expect congress to do its dang job?

There's nothing wrong with a ten year plan, 5 billion per year is very doable. That is if congress funds it every year. So can there be a meeting of the minds? Could be Trump doesn't care about all the stuff you mentioned. All he wants is his wall so he can say he fulfilled his campaign promise. Whether or not what you mentioned gets funding or not is irrelevant to Trump, he just wants his 5 billion or so for his wall.

Check out Question 18. Party trusted with border security. When it comes to border security, which party do you trust most? Sure the Republican Party has a slight edge over the Democratic party, but I got a chuckle that nationwide 23% of all Americans don't trust either Party with border security, 36% of all independents don't trust either party with border security.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/3kv2h8ad3b/econTabReport.pdf

That's a lot of don't trust either party. I just received this, it fits right into the trust issue. "Americans' Trust in Government to Handle Problems at New Low"

https://news.gallup.com/poll/246371...utm_content=morelink&utm_campaign=syndication

Does the country as a whole want the wall or not? Or is it strictly a pure, 100% partisan issue? 42% of Americans are in favor of the wall, 45% against. That's a fairly even split on this issue. Partisanship, 83% of Democrats oppose the wall, 88% of republican are in favor of the wall. That looks like this is purely a Republican vs. Democrat issue. not an American one. Independents, the less to non-partisans, the non-affiliated, those who make up the biggest voting block, 38% in favor, 40% oppose. Question 21. Again a fairly even split which reinforces that this battle if strictly between pro Trump and anti Trump factions.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/3kv2h8ad3b/econTabReport.pdf

With the shut down behind us, what are the favorable/unfavorable stats on our elected leaders. Leaving out the somewhat favorable and somewhat unfavorable, that kind of wishy washy. I'll just go with very favorable and very unfavorable. Break that down to America as a whole and then just independents which aren't partisans in the manner they hate everything the other party does or doesn't do or are that much in the anti and pro Trump camps. Questions 59A through F.
Trump All 27% very favorable, 48% very unfavorable. Independents only 22% very favorable, 44% very unfavorable.
Pelosi All 19% very favorable, 38% very unfavorable. Independents only 10% very favorable, 38% very unfavorable.
Schumer All 10% very favorable, 33% very unfavorable. Independents only 6% very favorable, 33% very unfavorable.
McConnell All 6% very favorable, 33% very unfavorable. Independents only 4% very favorable, 33% very unfavorable.

If you want to add the wishy washy somewhat favorable and somewhat unfavorable, you can do that yourself. Fact is none of our political leaders from either party are looked on in a favorable light. This is what happens what the battle is purely, 100% partisan. When it is just an issue between Republicans and Democrats, a battle just to stop the other, where most of America just sits back and asks, what the heck is going on?

You can go to question 60A and B and see neither political party is liked either. This is what happens when both parties put their party and their political battles, agendas above America as a whole.
59% is apposed to give money for the wall only 28% are willing to spend anything on it. Just depends on how you ask but even Rasmussen is saying no wall in their polls.

Free stuff really isn't free except for those who receive it. Someone pays for it or we just keep on borrowing the money to had free stuff out. Was the shutdown worth it either way. I think not. the country would have saved money if Trump didn't demand his wall. The country would have saved money if Pelosi and the Democrats gave Trump his wall.

Government shutdown cost U.S. more than Trump's wall demand

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/government-shutdown-cost-more-than-wall-demand-165956737.html

Regardless who won the political battle, in this case it was Pelosi and the Democrats. The Country lost.
The only thing that counts is to show what a buffoon this pig is. At this point cost doesn't matter. Its worth many billions to get rid of this clown and his supporters and the threat they pose. They are by far this Countries biggest threat and have to go.

59% is apposed to give money for the wall only 28% are willing to spend anything on it. Just depends on how you ask but even Rasmussen is saying no wall in their polls.

That may be. But one thing is for sure, this shutdown over 5 billion cost this country much more than that. Pelosi and the Democrats were the big winners in this political battle. But the country was the loser.

"Government shutdown cost U.S. more than Trump's wall demand"

Is winning a political battle worth it, when it costs the country more, makes the country the biggest loser.

You keep yourself on very safe grounds, to me that's just hiding. Independent say they are independents to give the opinion that they are open minded , they never are.

That may be. But one thing is for sure, this shutdown over 5 billion cost this country much more than that. Pelosi and the Democrats were the big winners in this political battle. But the country was the loser.

"Government shutdown cost U.S. more than Trump's wall demand"

Is winning a political battle worth it, when it costs the country more, makes the country the biggest loser.
Getting rid of scum bag is a major win for this country, we aren't even on the same page.

You keep yourself on very safe grounds, to me that's just hiding. Independent say they are independents to give the opinion that they are open minded , they never are.

Perhaps. But there's a reason why the two major political parties are shrinking and independent rising. Back in 2006 Democrats made up 36% of the electorate, Republicans 32% and independents 30%. Today those numbers are Democrats 30%, Republicans 26% and independents 43%. I don't think either major party cares how many folks they lose. With our two party system, they know that more or less that even if a voter dislikes and wants nothing to do with either major party candidate, chances are he'll vote for the candidate he least wants to lose, the lesser of two evils.

Also, when it comes to political battles like this one, most Americans want compromise. Not giving compromise is probably a major reason both parties are losing folks.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/220265/americans-favor-compromise-things-done-washington.aspx

Getting rid of scum bag is a major win for this country, we aren't even on the same page.

You're right, although I dislike Trump, I'm neither a pro Trumper or an anti Trumper. With Trump I will support his policies I'm for and oppose those I'm against. Just like I have done with every other president in my lifetime. I've never been a Republican or a Democrat, I prefer to make up my own mind about where I stand on the issues instead of have a political party tell me which issues to be in favor of and which one to oppose. When I vote, I vote for the best candidate regardless of party. Party affiliation has little to nothing to do with it.

Personally, on the wall, I think a compromise should have been worked out a long time ago. Way before a shutdown occurred. If we had sane adults in Washington instead of ultra high partisans, it would have happened.

You're right, although I dislike Trump, I'm neither a pro Trumper or an anti Trumper. With Trump I will support his policies I'm for and oppose those I'm against. Just like I have done with every other president in my lifetime. I've never been a Republican or a Democrat, I prefer to make up my own mind about where I stand on the issues instead of have a political party tell me which issues to be in favor of and which one to oppose. When I vote, I vote for the best candidate regardless of party. Party affiliation has little to nothing to do with it.

Personally, on the wall, I think a compromise should have been worked out a long time ago. Way before a shutdown occurred. If we had sane adults in Washington instead of ultra high partisans, it would have happened.
Like I said we all know what a independent is , they are a person that wants to leave the impression that they are open minded and they never are. Patriots in this country are all one issue people in 2019, that's to get rid of scum bag any way they can/ Not giving him the wall money is simply a patriotic endeavor to get rid of the pig. I hope he closes government again. The people moving to my side would increase massively. There is only one thing that is important in this country, that one thing is to get rid of this countries biggest threat and in my opinion it's biggest enemy. Scum bag and his supporters have to go , they have to be put back under the rock that they have been under for decades and that is where I want them kept.

Like I said we all know what a independent is , they are a person that wants to leave the impression that they are open minded and they never are. Patriots in this country are all one issue people in 2019, that's to get rid of scum bag any way they can/ Not giving him the wall money is simply a patriotic endeavor to get rid of the pig. I hope he closes government again. The people moving to my side would increase massively. There is only one thing that is important in this country, that one thing is to get rid of this countries biggest threat and in my opinion it's biggest enemy. Scum bag and his supporters have to go , they have to be put back under the rock that they have been under for decades and that is where I want them kept.

Each has his or her's opinions. I prefer I make up my own mind and not be a mindless robot for a political party who tells their members how to think, to be for or against something.

Each has his or her's opinions. I prefer I make up my own mind and not be a mindless robot for a political party who tells their members how to think, to be for or against something.
That's not my point, every value judgement and any belief you have in the people of this country gives you one choice in 2017as far as party's are concerned. If you can't see that then your motivated by things that aren't in the best interest of this country and your not a patriot. There is no middle ground. The biggest threat to this country is sitting in the white house.

The Democrats have told trump to shove the wall up his ass.....He has no choice but call a National Emergency...Which will immediately be held up in courts...possibly for years...trump is like a trapped animal forced to chew off his leg....To escape

That's not my point, every value judgement and any belief you have in the people of this country gives you one choice in 2017as far as party's are concerned. If you can't see that then your motivated by things that aren't in the best interest of this country and your not a patriot. There is no middle ground. The biggest threat to this country is sitting in the white house.

Oh, so you're saying one's political ideology determines whether or not you're a patriot. Belong to the right political party, you're a patriot. Belong to the other or none, you're a traitor. Okay, you never used the word traitor, but it sure was implied. If you're a liberal, a progressive, a Democrat, you're a patriot, if you're not, you're not. If you're an anti-Trumper trying to destroy him, you're a patriot. If you're a pro-Trumper, you're a traitor. If you support Trump on some policies because you think those policies right and good for the country, you're not a patriot. If you oppose Trump regardless if you think that policy is right for the country, you're not.

I think being a patriot has nothing to do with one's political ideology or which political party one belongs to or none for that matter. I think what determines a patriot or not is one's actions he has done to help and for the good of the country. Political leaders come and go, some are looked upon with high esteem, others not. Political philosophy changes, evolves as do political parties and their ideology.

I first became interested in politics watching the Republican and Democratic National Conventions on TV back in 1956. I remember both Eisenhower and JFK fondly. Both were in my opinion what a president should be. The ideal presidents that no other president since has came close to matching. Yet neither IKE or JFK with their ideas, political philosophy, ideology they held at that time would be welcomed in their respective political parties today. Neither would even recognize their parties.

Sorry, I prefer to be a free thinker, to be able to make up my mind about things, policies, issues, candidates, parties and so on. I prefer not to be a mindless robot follow the dictates of any one political party. It's people like me that scare the two major parties to death, they can't take us for granted. The two major parties have to earn our support, our vote. When one party is in charge, that party has to do things, govern in a way we see good for the nation. If not we kick them out of office. In 1994, we kicked the Democrats out of congress and in 2000 elected a Republican president. When we thought they were doing thing wrong for the country, we kicked out the Republicans from congress in 2006 and elected a Democratic president in 2008. Then the Democratic congress made us really angry by ignoring America as a whole, just their party's base, so we kicked the Democrats out of the House in 2010 and out of the senate in 2014. In 2018, it was the republicans turn to be kicked out of the house.

I left 2016 out because that year, most of us independent minded folks disliked and didn't want neither major party candidate. We didn't support either one. In fact 54% of us disliked both and 12% of us voted against both by voting third party. 9 million of us did that. Still Trump did win the independent vote 46-42, but those independents held their nose and voted for the candidate they least wanted to lose, not to win, but least wanted to lose. Candidate matter.

https://news.gallup.com/opinion/pol...mericans-dislike-presidential-candidates.aspx

If you want Trump gone in 2020, you best remember that, candidates matter. Any other Democrat, alive or dead would have beaten Trump. You just happen to nominate a candidate more disliked by independents, 70% disliked Hillary, 57% disliked Trump, a majority disliked both. Questions 10 and 11. Candidates matter.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/l37rosbwjp/econTabReport_lv.pdf

I think one's past and future actions, how one lives his life, what one does for the country as a whole, not just for one political party or ideology, for the country as a whole determines whether one is a patriot or not. Not whether one supports or is against any one particular president for what ever reason. Patriotism certainly isn't determined by the R or the D next to one's name.

If the rights cave man leader shuts down the government again, we will watch him dissolve right in front of our eyes. You can't make a deal when the country doesn't want it. That's dictatorship. He will shut down the government again and only he will suffer from it and there isn't a better scenario that could possibly happen then that. I think its time to take our country back from this group that exist only for the transfer of wealth to the top and has no problem betting the future of this country on their hate led opinions. This is the ugliest group I've ever seen for our political history for my lifetime.

This is all working out perfectly.

He will claim a disaster or whatever it is he needs to declare and build it.

Then in two years a Dem President will change our ways to protect against climate change.

In fact, we will no longer need the House and Senate, we will just have the President barking out orders on a whim.

Think of the money we can save without the need for all the swamp creatures.

Just one giant slime covered monster to deal with.

This is genius. A cleaver way to drain he swamp. It's down to one creature after this!

Oh, so you're saying one's political ideology determines whether or not you're a patriot. .

Only if you are a Trumpet or, at the time, were a confederate.

Other than this, one is free to be of any political party and be considered fully American.

BTW, the confederate and the Trump are largely the same people. Just a few generations removed. They have never ceased being a problem.

This is particularly obvious if you are a black man in American.

Only if you are a Trumpet or, at the time, were a confederate.

Other than this, one is free to be of any political party and be considered fully American.

BTW, the confederate and the Trump are largely the same people. Just a few generations removed. They have never ceased being a problem.

This is particularly obvious if you are a black man in American.

Back during the 1800's and before most folks didn't look at themselves as being American. I don't think the phrase American was around at the time. People were loyal to their state. People considered themselves Georgian's, New Yorker's, Virginian's, Pennsylvanian's etc. Not Americans. That was the context of history back then.

Being an American didn't come into play until the Spanish-American War. Even then, the people of the North held the people in the south in disdain and vice versa. There're were still plenty of hatred for each side back then. The migration west into new territories and states left that hatred behind. Then later on there were plenty of folks moving from north to south and vice versa which abetted that hatred.

But for some, it continued right up to present day. Whether or not you want to consider Trump and his supporters racist is entirely up to you.

Whether or not you want to consider Trump and his supporters racist is entirely up to you.

Isn't racism a central tenet in Trumpism, seriously?

Maybe unwritten but certainly a core value.

Isn't racism a central tenet in Trumpism, seriously?

Maybe unwritten but certainly a core value.

I don't think so. But that doesn't mean a lot of racist have tied their boat to him. Over the last 10 years I have seen where a political difference has been tied to racism. Is securing out southern border, building a wall racism or an attempt to control who enters this country? It probably depends on how one views this, as a attempt to stop illegal border crossings or an attempt to keep brown skinned people out. There are many people for legal immigration regardless of race, but against illegal immigration. Does that make them racist? Personally, I think we ought to welcome all those who come to this country legally and stop all those who don't abide by our laws. Does that make me racist? My wife came here legally, she thinks everyone else ought to too. Does that make her racist?

Today's politics are nasty and dirty and throw words around which sometimes applies, but mostly do not to get the masses to support what ever policy or issue the politicians want you to support. Surprisingly, Hispanics which are most effected by a wall, you find 33% favor, 43% against. The region of the country that is most opposed to the wall, the Northeast which a wall doesn't effect them one way or the other. 37% for, 49% against. Question 21.

Up and until Trump both parties voted for more fence, the word wall wasn't used. More security on the southern border. Is the opposition to the wall only because Trump proposed it? It certainly is partisan. 88% Republicans for the wall, 83% Democrats against the wall.

Is Trump racist? I don't know. I won't be voting for him in 2020 if he runs again, I didn't vote for him 2016. Now I didn't vote for Hillary either, I voted against both by casting a ballot for a third party candidate. Will I vote Democratic in 2020, that all depends on whom their candidate is. Candidates matter, at least to me.

The Democrats have told trump to shove the wall up his ass.....He has no choice but call a National Emergency...Which will immediately be held up in courts...possibly for years...trump is like a trapped animal forced to chew off his leg....To escape
Shove it up his ass, No national emergency because there isn't one. Goofball may try but but tell me where is he going to get the money to do it.

.[/QUOTE]I'll repeat myself Scum bag is this countries biggest threat and in my opinion in 2019 it's biggest enemy. He is unsupportable. Just like many other dictators that have lied their policy into power. Hillary didn't win because of lies about her, Scum Bags lies about himself and support from Russia for scum bag. This is what your supporting if you support the right today. If they can continue they will destroy this democracy by taking away the vote of any group that is populated by Democrats, dirty tricks at elections and gerrymandering. If you support the right your simply the enemy. Get something straight , I support a conservative voice, it is a important part of our system and it has to have voice but this hate group has to go along with this monsters supporters. If we could get rid of these haters, I would gladly help in any way possible to put that conservative into a party that is about the people of this country and not just the wealthy.

This is all working out perfectly.

He will claim a disaster or whatever it is he needs to declare and build it.

Then in two years a Dem President will change our ways to protect against climate change.

In fact, we will no longer need the House and Senate, we will just have the President barking out orders on a whim.

Think of the money we can save without the need for all the swamp creatures.

Just one giant slime covered monster to deal with.

This is genius. A cleaver way to drain he swamp. It's down to one creature after this!
Other then no one suggesting your stupid ideas, or any support for it in this country were is your blithering comment meant to take us. IT's nonsense

Back
Top Bottom