• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mueller wants to know about 2016 Trump campaign's ties to NRA

The NRA lost me as a paying member the second they decided to embrace and push a false narrative about gun control that, through many democratic administrations, including Obama's, absolutely never materialized.

I fully support the 2nd amendment, and believe all americans have a right to be armed. I denounce all states that restrict, to an absurd level, ownership - like CA and NJ.

But I disagree with the right wing infestation and embracing of the NRA and their return of the foul hug. Thus, I left it.

obama.jpg

obama2.jpg

obama3.jpg

Yep, and gun sales absolutely soared during the Obama years, and people hoarded ammo. Weirdest thing to go into Walmart to buy a few boxes of shotgun shells and see rifle and pistol ammo shelves all but empty, only more obscure loads sitting there surrounded by emptiness....

The NRA is doing very well. They continue with their core mission that they have embraced for many, many years.
They are as strong as ever. 5 million+ paying members!!

Its too bad they were taken over by the right wing.

I want to know why the NRA would support a man who was vocally in favor of gun control his entire adult life, until about 5 minutes before he decided he wanted to win the Republican candidacy for POTUS.

Trump was even Tweeting right after Sandy Hook how Obama "spoke" for him when Obama called for gun control.

Trump suckered so many people it's painful.

Not only supported, but gave him more money than any other candidate before him. Hmmm Money.... where did it come from?

I guess Freedom of Association is now taboo, so let's just delete the 1st Amendment. :roll:
If it's proven that the $30 million dollars that was donated to Trump's campaign had come from Russia who only used the NRA as a vehicle to get money into his campaign under a legal premise is not simply illegal, it's out-and-out treachery and traitorous to this country.

Its too bad they were taken over by the right wing.

Stupid talking point.... The membership votes for the board. You just don't like the fact
that they are very effective is supporting candidates who support the 2nd amendment!

NRA 2020!

If it's proven that the $30 million dollars that was donated to Trump's campaign had come from Russia who only used the NRA as a vehicle to get money into his campaign under a legal premise is not simply illegal, it's out-and-out treachery and traitorous to this country.

Same as the Buzzfeed story....... "If" I guess no lesson has been learned from that fiasco? :lamo :peace

Same as the Buzzfeed story....... "If" I guess no lesson has been learned from that fiasco? :lamo :peace

Yes, 'IF'. Judgement is passed after indictment, not prior to. And that is precisely why investigations are done, to prove innocence, not guilt.

Stupid talking point.... The membership votes for the board. You just don't like the fact
that they are very effective is supporting candidates who support the 2nd amendment!

NRA 2020!

I would strongly urge you to educate yourself on this issue. If you read the book THE SECOND AMENDMENT; A BIOGRAPHY by Michael Waldman, he goes into great detail chronicling the right wing take over of the NRA and its transformation into a right wing organization.

Back
Top Bottom