• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSNBC's Dylan Ratigan talks revolt

I can't believe this guy is getting a pass just because he's talking violence from the left.
If the right said anything like that, it would be all over the news. Hell, we can't even reference the 2nd amendment without it being turned into some kind of threat.
And remember when Palin said Don't retreat, reload! LOL The left acted like she was declaring war.
Please watch. This is pretty funny.

YouTube - Sarah Palin Don't Retreat - Reload - Target Map - Cross hairs · Cached page

Well, now that the election didn't go their way, suddenly, "revolution" is necessary.

Dissent is patriotic again, at least in the House.

After 2012, I think we might start seeing the t-shirts again.

My Journey Through The Right-Wing Blogosphere
November 10th, 2010
I’ve made the mistake of reading hundreds of right-wing blogs over the past few days. They’re all abuzz/atwitter/whatever over my MSNBC appearance and, by extension, The Anti-American Manifesto. I have drawn three conclusions about right-wing blogs and their followers:

1. I would not at all be surprised to learn that many of them are astroturfed by major corporations and/or the GOP. I noticed that many of the posts are not only identical (though on different blogs). At first I thought they were just ripping each other off, cutting and pasting. Then I saw that they have identical post times. How could that be? Maybe there aren’t really that many right-wing bloggers. They’re just using codes to automatically circulate blogs on WordPress and Blogspot.

2. Right-wingers don’t think right. One common talking point is that, if a right-winger were to say this sort of thing, he would get into trouble. But they do. And they don’t. And anyway, they wouldn’t get into trouble from ME. So what’s their point? They also say that “us liberals” don’t like guns. Well, um, I do. Again, what are they talking about? Finally, they say that, in a fair fight, the Right will kick the Left’s asses because they’re more hostile and better-armed. Which brings me to…

3. The Right *are* better-armed and more hostile than the non-existent Left. Which I say in my book. In fact, it’s the central thesis: fascist assholes are poised to step in when the system collapses, and rather than allow that to happen, the Left had better get its act together. Which these guys would know, except for the fact that…

4. They’re commenting on a book they haven’t even read!

I can’t get much past 4.

If you haven’t read something, shut the **** up about it. I just received my copy of Bush’s new book, and I’m going to actually read it, with an open mind, before I comment.

Only in American politics is it considered OK to mouth off about **** you don’t know anything about.

My Journey Through The Right-Wing Blogosphere | Ted Rall's Rallblog

Who's commenting on Rall's book? (Seriously, who CARES about Rall's book? Chances are it'll be at the bottom of a remainder bin near you within weeks.) This is about what was said on MSNBC.

Ya know pbrauer, this isn't so much about this Rall guy as it is about the hypocracy of Dylan Radigan and bend over MSNBC.
Honestly, I was fine with what he said. Free speech and all that. It's that Radigan acted like he was fine with it.
During the campaign MSNBC constantly was reporting on some "violent" remarks people were making on the right. It was ridiculous and just plain stupid. Now we have a guy calling for a real revolution and not at the polls and MSNBC is all good with it.

Who's commenting on Rall's book? (Seriously, who CARES about Rall's book? Chances are it'll be at the bottom of a remainder bin near you within weeks.) This is about what was said on MSNBC.
Yeah, so? He addressed that. (Seriously, who CARES what you think about Rall's book? Chances are he doesn't a RW sugardaddy buying his book so it will make number one on Amazon) :mrgreen:

My thread about George Bush's book was based upon somebody who ostensibly had read his book, so I don't see the two situations the same. Nice try though.

And that reviewer ostensibly had a difficult time comprehending it.

My thread about George Bush's book was based upon somebody who ostensibly had read his book, so I don't see the two situations the same. Nice try though.

Yet you haven't, and you accept it as gospel.

Maybe not a traditional review, but it's a review.

If you say so.

Even if it is, are you saying that everything written in reviews is gospel? Objective, even?

Only if it agrees with him.

Rall said it was dumb to criticize a book without firsthand knowledge.

You criticized Bush's book without firsthand knowledge.

Rall said it was dumb to criticize a book without firsthand knowledge.

That's a mischaracteriztion as to what I bolded in his blog post. Apparently with his trip through the right-wing blogoshere there were comments about his book that were not correct.

You criticized Bush's book without firsthand knowledge.

Yes I did, based upon Ryan Grim writing at Huffington Post who actually read Bush's book. Ryan Gim writes:

Many of Bush's literary misdemeanors exemplify pedestrian sloth, but others are higher crimes against the craft of memoir. In one prime instance, Bush relates a poignant meeting between Afghan President Hamid Karzai and a Tajik warlord on Karzai's Inauguration Day. It's the kind of scene that offers a glimpse of a hopeful future for the beleaguered nation. Witnessing such an exchange could color a president's outlook, could explain perhaps Bush's more optimistic outlook and give insight into his future decisions. Except Bush didn't witness it. Because, as he himself writes later in the book, he wasn't at Karzai's inauguration.
That pretty much says it all for what supposed to be a memoir by President Bush.

That pretty much says it all for what supposed to be a memoir by President Bush.

It "says it all," does it?

Does Bush claim to have been at the inauguration in his book? What does he say about the meeting? What personal thing about himself does he tie into the meeting?

What, you don't know? You haven't read the book? Yet, you're sure this "says it all"?

PB... still waiting for all that liberal outrage at the Clintons and every other Dem who used a ghostwriter... come on... have at 'em!

PB... still waiting for all that liberal outrage at the Clintons and every other Dem who used a ghostwriter... come on... have at 'em!

Why should I care who used a ghost writer?

Why should I care who used a ghost writer?

Kind of my point. We shouldn't. But PB was all over Bush for doing it. I'm just curious if he showed the same distaste when he found out about all those other Democrats who used ghostwriters.

They all do it, it's almost a requirement in the publishing industry now. Time is money, and that's the fastest way to get a book out.

Does Bush claim to have been at the inauguration in his book?

According to Ryan Grim he does, when you finish reading the book you can determine if that's correct. If he's wrong you can give me 40 lashes with a wet noodle. What's your point anyway?

Ghost written books are not being discussed here. I see nothing wrong with writers who in close collaberation write books for other people. Professional writers know how organize and get thoughts from them.

Back
Top Bottom