• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSNBC Host: Detroit is becoming the most libertarian city in the US

Get your facts straight.

From 1950 through 61 two different Republicans were mayor of Detroit. And it was during that time that Detroit began its slide and lost 10% of its 1.8 million population. So if it partisan blame you want to hand out - start with the start of your 60 year arbitrary time period and start with two Republicans.

the other thing you may want to learn about is that Detroit races for mayor are NON PARTISAN. Nobody runs on a party designation. Its not hard to know which party a person affiliates with - but its been that way for almost a century now.

List of mayors of Detroit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

read and learn

Republicans are so super powerful that even 50+ straight years of Democrat rule cannot turn the tide...

So broken street lights = libertarian??? Calling Detroit libertarian is about as accurate as this:

I disagree. Detroit is a bottomless pit of corruption and throwing money in it isn't going to help. You'll just be supporting the corruption.

Just think of all the billions of dollars pissed away all over the world to countries that for the most part hate us.
We could have saved Detroit with some of that money.

I disagree. Detroit is a bottomless pit of corruption and throwing money in it isn't going to help. You'll just be supporting the corruption.

Greetings, JCC.:2wave:
If memory serves, I recall you are a Detroiter. I will therefore defer to you on all Detroit questions. I happen to agree with you that there's no point throwing good money after bad.:thumbs:

Hey Jack, haven't talked in a while :2wave:

I agree. Is all well with you?

Greetings, JCC.:2wave:
If memory serves, I recall you are a Detroiter. I will therefore defer to you on all Detroit questions. I happen to agree with you that there's no point throwing good money after bad.:thumbs:

Is he on crack?

No, he's a hyperpartisan hack, much like many who dispense their tripe on this very forum with a straight face.

Government corruption, utter failure to provide services which have been paid for and municipal bankruptcy have as much to do with libertarian philosophy as forest fires have to do with children's birthday parties.

Fine here, lot's of work, so I can't complain. I'm not a Tigers fan but am hoping the Lions get their disciplinary and special teams issues fixed so we can look forward to a decent season.

Glad to hear you're doing well!

All is very well indeed. Wish the Nats were playing better, but the Redskins seem ready for a good season.:peace

You?

Fine here, lot's of work, so I can't complain. I'm not a Tigers fan but am hoping the Lions get their disciplinary and special teams issues fixed so we can look forward to a decent season.

Glad to hear you're doing well!

Not a Tigers fan or not a baseball fan?

Baseball in general. Not a hockey fan either, even though the Red Wings have been such an awesome team. Unfortunately a Lions and Pistons fan only. :(

I would be excited about the Skins though if I lived down there. I really like RG3! Your running back's not bad either.

Not a Tigers fan or not a baseball fan?

[QUOTE

Is he on crack?[/QUOTE]

I believe he was referring to how they are selling many of their city assets to private interest and continue to do so.

Baseball in general. Not a hockey fan either, even though the Red Wings have been such an awesome team. Unfortunately a Lions and Pistons fan only. :(

I would be excited about the Skins though if I lived down there. I really like RG3! Your running back's not bad either.

Ah. I figured you might not be a baseball guy since the Tigers are such an attractive team. For myself, I've always been a baseball-first type, but it's impossible to live here and not get caught up in Redskins-mania. As for basketball, I hope our friendship can stand the strain of revealing to you that I've been a Pacers fan since the franchise was founded. (I grew up in Indiana.):peace

It would be awesome if I could get into baseball....I know the Tigers have somewhat of a dream team! And not upset about the Pacers....they weren't really on our radar when we were doing really well anyway. Great 30 for 30 documentary on Reggie Miller on ESPN if you ever get the chance.

Going for a walk now, but good running into you again! Was just thinking the other day about how we became friends on Politico after a baby boomer's argument. Take Care.

Ah. I figured you might not be a baseball guy since the Tigers are such an attractive team. For myself, I've always been a baseball-first type, but it's impossible to live here and not get caught up in Redskins-mania. As for basketball, I hope our friendship can stand the strain of revealing to you that I've been a Pacers fan since the franchise was founded. (I grew up in Indiana.):peace

Get your facts straight.

From 1950 through 61 two different Republicans were mayor of Detroit. And it was during that time that Detroit began its slide and lost 10% of its 1.8 million population. So if it partisan blame you want to hand out - start with the start of your 60 year arbitrary time period and start with two Republicans.

the other thing you may want to learn about is that Detroit races for mayor are NON PARTISAN. Nobody runs on a party designation. Its not hard to know which party a person affiliates with - but its been that way for almost a century now.

List of mayors of Detroit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

read and learn

So . . . for 52 years no Repub has been mayor, and you think this problem is bi-partisan? Too funny!!!:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo

The Federal government destroyed Detroit by destroying the US auto industry. Then, as unemployment rose and poverty grew, the local government swung to the radical left.

The "Big Three" destroyed the US auto industry (almost) with shoddy products and poor customer service. The UAW helped destroy the US auto industry (almost) by acting as if the golden goose did not need to be fed in order to produce golden eggs.:mrgreen:

Yes, since the US spends next to nothing on foreign aid.:peace

Really, ever heard of Pakistan? How much are spending in Afghanistan fighting a stupid pointless war? Even still send money to Egypt.

First you ask where we're spending billions. Now billions are next to nothing. Could you please decide where you're going to plant the goal posts?

The question about "where" was to confirm that my interlocutor is not insane. For the rest, billions are indeed next to nothing (about 1.4% of the budget), especially since most of the spending directly benefits the US.

Back
Top Bottom