• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Mr. Trump Knew It Was Deadly and Airborne

We have the community spread and deaths we do because Americans don’t cope with adversity. We had hoarding and price gouging because Americans couldn’t react rationally to the information they did have. What would you have Trump say that would help any of that? Because, frankly unlike the circumstances addressed by FDR or Bush, this pandemic is the worst nightmare realized and there was nothing the government or private sector could do for the American people. The only supposedly heinous crime you’re really accusing Trump of is providing false hope instead of telling the truth that we were screwed, people are going to die, and there’s nothing anyone can do to save you.

BULL****!!

There was plenty the POTUS could have said and done to mitigate the spread of this virus AND plenty government AND the private sector could have done, as well such as:

1. Be honest with the American people about the seriousness of this virus.
2. Take prompt and prudent steps to mitigate the spread of the virus, i.e., mandate wearing face mask, open up federal access to face mask knowing there was a severe domestic shortage, institute initiatives to mass produce more PPE.
3. Let science and scientist take the led of preventive measures people could take to limit contracting the virus and its spread.
4. Ramp up nation-wide testing ASAP to ensure EVERYONE was tested at least TWICE
5. Get emergency aid to those population centers where the virus was most ravaging (i.e., NYC) and NOT be draconian and partisan about who gets emergency assistance and when just because state leadership didn't "kiss the ring".
6. NOT encourage people (his supporters) to be antagonists against "Stay-At-Home/Shelter-In-Place" orders, but instead adhere to state-issued orders accordingly.

He could have done all these things and alot more in a more timely manner to save thousands of lives, but instead he downplayed the seriousness of this virus and failed to take prompt action when he had the power to act and as a result people died.

Want more?

* Stockpiles of PPE was sent to China that was desperately needed at home!
* Trump did not maintaining the government's inventory of PPE left to his Admin by his predecessor.
* Trump did not authorizing the Defense Production Act until April 2 when the US Covid-19 cases spiked from 26 on March 4 to 26,756 by April 1. )And mind you, by March 31 the U.S. had over 10,000 confirmed Covid-19 cases. See interactive map)

Trump could have acted on behalf of the country he claims to love so dear. Instead, he continued to downplay the threat. He's only recently begun to take it much more seriously...as election day looms nearer.

Mr. Trump Knew It Was Deadly and Airborne | The New York Times

010pandemic_print-articleLarge-v2.jpg

Quite frankly, I am at a loss to identify something comparable in US presidential history to Donald Trump's lies and deceptions to the American people regarding the deadly coronavirus.

Estimates say ~100,000 needless American deaths. And what about those that surround him? His enablers? Even today they are still trying to paper-over Trumps massive dereliction of duty.

A nothing burger lol.... Stand by.

Let’s talk about the masks. Masks were discouraged for the general public because there was a shortage and they needed to be reserved for medical professionals. Put another way, the government had to prioritize lives and decided that if someone was going to become infected with COVID and die it had to be you rather than a doctor or a nurse. So the options were telling you that outright or telling you that you don’t need a mask. Don’t buy a mask. Don’t wear a mask. Which do you think is the better announcement to make for a President? I say the latter and I read between the lines to understand the truth was the former.

I call :bs on this one for three reasons:

1) We would have had a decent supply of face masks to go around IF we hadn't sent a good junk of our federal PPE stockpile to China - you know, the country Pres. Trump is now rabidly blaming for the spread of this virus;
2) Had Trump's Administration simply maintained and replenished the stockpile of PPE that was passed down to them, the country would have been in a much better position to assist first responders to this virus; and,
3) Had he authorized the Defense Production Act sooner, there would have been enough PPE to go around for the entire country. Instead, people waited months before face masked finally started showing up on store shelves.

The supply shortages were all on him especially when he began to play politics as to which states would get aid and which ones wouldn't all because they didn't kiss his ass!

I do like that they called him Mister Trump.

BULL****!!

There was plenty the POTUS could have said and done to mitigate the spread of this virus AND plenty government AND the private sector could have done, as well such as:

1. Be honest with the American people about the seriousness of this virus.
2. Take prompt and prudent steps to mitigate the spread of the virus, i.e., mandate wearing face mask, open up federal access to face mask knowing there was a severe domestic shortage, institute initiatives to mass produce more PPE.
3. Let science and scientist take the led of preventive measures people could take to limit contracting the virus and its spread.
4. Ramp up nation-wide testing ASAP to ensure EVERYONE was tested at least TWICE
5. Get emergency aid to those population centers where the virus was most ravaging (i.e., NYC) and NOT be draconian and partisan about who gets emergency assistance and when just because state leadership didn't "kiss the ring".
6. NOT encourage people (his supporters) to be antagonists against "Stay-At-Home/Shelter-In-Place" orders, but instead adhere to state-issued orders accordingly.

He could have done all these things and alot more in a more timely manner to save thousands of lives, but instead he downplayed the seriousness of this virus and failed to take prompt action when he had the power to act and as a result people died.

Want more?

* Stockpiles of PPE was sent to China that was desperately needed at home!
* Trump did not maintaining the government's inventory of PPE left to his Admin by his predecessor.
* Trump did not authorizing the Defense Production Act until April 2 when the US Covid-19 cases spiked from 26 on March 4 to 26,756 by April 1. )And mind you, by March 31 the U.S. had over 10,000 confirmed Covid-19 cases. See interactive map)

Trump could have acted on behalf of the country he claims to love so dear. Instead, he continued to downplay the threat. He's only recently begun to take it much more seriously...as election day looms nearer.

You seem to be in denial about what the state of things really was.

1) Why? All you’re going to do is make the panic worse than it already was especially when the other things you mention are not within the realm of possibility for many months.

2) Mandating masks would have been a bad idea and not something the President can do anyway. The whole point of discouraging the general public from buying and wearing masks was to prioritize access to and availability of PPE for healthcare professionals amidst a national shortage.

3) Sometimes science hast to take a back seat to national priorities. Masks are a good example of that as Fauci explained.

4) Great. Where’s the manufacturing capacity for that and who is going to conduct and process over 600 million tests ASAP?

5) It has nothing to do with “kissing the ring.” States have to formally request federal assistance no matter who the President is or what the disaster is.

6) That is a matter of opinion. Shutdown orders are a kiss of death for the economy and should be avoided unless there is a demonstrable need. The President thought that some of those orders were, at minimum, premature. People of all political affiliations have chosen to disregard them at their own leisure so I don’t think you can pin their personal choices on Trump.

* Yes, a private charity shipped 17 tons of PPE to China not the Federal government.

* Um, that “inventory” consisted of dry rot riddled masks that expired in 2010.

* Why should a President do something as drastic as invoke the DPA before the number of cases justifies it?

I’m not a fan of Trump, but you have a lot more faith in America than it deserves and seem to think it’s capable of more than it really is. I’m sorry the rose tinted glasses have been smashed for you but America is what it is, it’s shortcomings are what they are, and that’s not Trump’s fault. You don’t have to agree with the President’s decision to lie but make more of an effort to understand the logical reasons behind it.

Last edited:
This reminds me of a meme that was circulating several months ago. It pointed out the testing and isolation that people who came in contact with the president had to go through. It then said 'This shows he knows what needs to be done to prevent the spread of the virus, he just doesn't care about you.'

The woodward tapes show he knew. The rally's he is still holding without masks or social distancing shows he doesn't care about us.

Imagine that. And egotistical, narcissistic politician not really caring for people.
Never heard of that before.
Are you really surprised? All you can do is vote him out.

That's it! I am NOT going to vote for Woodrow Wilson over that one.

I think Wilson should be drawn and quarter because he did not stop the spreading of the Spanish Flu the world over.
I don't care if he was near death at the time. He shoulda said something to somebody.

HE DELIBERATELY LIED ABOUT THE SEVERITY OF A HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS AND DEADLY VIRUS.

Is that getting through to you?

And, of course, back then everyone was taking him at his very word.
It is amazing to me how people can continually tell everyone what a big liar Trump is and then vilify him because he downplayed the severity of the virus so as not to cause a panic in this country.
Everyone wants it both ways with Trump.
You can't believe him but when he suggests using bleach to kill the virus then people are taking him at his word.

It's been spelled out many times. More Americans would have taken the crisis seriously...more wearing masks (which The Donald CONTINUES to dismiss), not social distancing, trying to end the economic shutdowns too soon (which worked unfortunately and then they ignored the guidelines for that too), etc.

Instead, more took risks, more spread it, and 10s of thousands, if not 100 thousand or more people died unnecessarily.

Good lord a 3rd grader could understand this! Altho if you look at my signatures, you'll see one that shows some people were never capable of grasping the concept or the seriousness.

Are you really serious?
You wrote: "More Americans would have taken the crisis seriously...more wearing masks (which The Donald CONTINUES to dismiss), not social distancing, trying to end the economic shutdowns too soon (which worked unfortunately and then they ignored the guidelines for that too), etc."

Here we are over six months into the pandemic and we see un-masked crowds at parties, on the beaches, hundreds of church goers, hundreds of thousands at a motorcycle rally, and stupid kids being sent home from college for violating rules; about 200,000 dead from Covid, and you say we would have taken the crisis seriously if Trump had been honest with the country.

WHY AREN'T WE BEING MORE SERIOUS ABOUT IT NOW, NOW THAT WE KNOW THE SEVERITY OF THE VIRUS!!??.

How much more do we need to know before stupid people (the spreaders) start doing the right thing?

Are you really serious?
You wrote: "More Americans would have taken the crisis seriously...more wearing masks (which The Donald CONTINUES to dismiss), not social distancing, trying to end the economic shutdowns too soon (which worked unfortunately and then they ignored the guidelines for that too), etc."

Here we are over six months into the pandemic and we see un-masked crowds at parties, on the beaches, hundreds of church goers, hundreds of thousands at a motorcycle rally, and stupid kids being sent home from college for violating rules; about 200,000 dead from Covid, and you say we would have taken the crisis seriously if Trump had been honest with the country.

WHY AREN'T WE BEING MORE SERIOUS ABOUT IT NOW, NOW THAT WE KNOW THE SEVERITY OF THE VIRUS!!??.

How much more do we need to know before stupid people (the spreaders) start doing the right thing?

What do you suggest? What is The Donald leading us and telling us to do? I'm following my state's guidelines.

You do realize that things can reach a tipover point, right? That some things can go too far and not be reveresed? Or completely reversed?

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Mr. Trump Knew It Was Deadly and Airborne | The New York Times

010pandemic_print-articleLarge-v2.jpg

Quite frankly, I am at a loss to identify something comparable in US presidential history to Donald Trump's lies and deceptions to the American people regarding the deadly coronavirus.

Estimates say ~100,000 needless American deaths. And what about those that surround him? His enablers? Even today they are still trying to paper-over Trumps massive dereliction of duty.

Yeah without a verified recording it's a lie. Kind of like the Atlantic lie or the Russia lie.

Yeah without a verified recording it's a lie. Kind of like the Atlantic lie or the Russia lie.

The recording is available and Trump did not even try to challenge its authenticity.

Now Trump claims that everybody knew in FEBRUARY that the virus was airborne and deadly

and here is the tape from February 7th

Notice that Trump reveals that he was talking with the Chinese president XI about how the virus is more deadly than the flue and how it is transmutable by air which makes it more tricky.

So Trump was lying also about China's and WHO's attempt to deceive him about the coronavirus threat.

Last edited:
The recording is available and Trump did not even try to challenge its authenticity.

Now Trump claims that everybody knew in FEBRUARY that the virus was airborne and deadly

The only people that didn't know about it were the media who were lying about it. But they knew about it so Trump is right.

The only people that didn't know about it were the media who were lying about it. But they knew about it so Trump is right.

You mean the Trump media which were trying to argue that China and WHO were hiding how serious the coronavirus was...

Again, notice the second video where Trump reveals that he was talking with the Chinese president XI about how the virus is more deadly than the flue and how it is transmitable by air which makes it more tricky. This is on February 7th...

You mean the Trump media which were trying to argue that China and WHO were hiding how serious the coronavirus was...
they weren't trying to argue that China and WHO did that. It's odd you're on the side of the authoritarian dictator.
Again, notice the second video where Trump reveals that he was talking with the Chinese president XI about how the virus is more deadly than the flue and how it is transmitable by air which makes it more tricky. This is on February 7th...
Again the only people lying about the virus was MSNBC CNN CBS and the rest of the mainstream media. They were saying you should be more afraid of the flu. those are the people Trump calls figures because they are because they lied and you believe it. I'm sorry you have to find out this way.

they weren't trying to argue that China and WHO did that. It's odd you're on the side of the authoritarian dictator.

Again the only people lying about the virus was MSNBC CNN CBS and the rest of the mainstream media. They were saying you should be more afraid of the flu. those are the people Trump calls figures because they are because they lied and you believe it. I'm sorry you have to find out this way.

Again, I prefer FACTS than your unsupported claims

This is from Rush Limbaugh (whom Trump chose to honor with the Medal of Freedom for his services to the country).

The following Rush Limbaugh show is from FEB 24

Overhyped Coronavirus Weaponized Against Trump - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Feb 24, 2020

RUSH: Folks, this coronavirus thing, I want to try to put this in perspective for you. It looks like the coronavirus is being weaponized as yet another element to bring down Donald Trump. Now, I want to tell you the truth about the coronavirus. (interruption) You think I’m wrong about this? You think I’m missing it by saying that’s… (interruption) Yeah, I’m dead right on this. The coronavirus is the common cold, folks.

So, either you are a professional liar or you just have a shot memory span when you say thing like

Originally Posted by CLAX1911

And your point contradicts even your side because the conservative media claim that the Democrats were hyping the coronavirus threat to attack Trump and you try to claim that the Democrats knew in February that the virus was airborne and deadly but they lied. But if you cannot detect the contradiction in these two positions, I am not surprised.

Now go back to listen to the "journalists" whose service to the nation is to spread lies that enable the spread of a deadly disease

Last edited:

The fact that you do not dare to quote more than the first four words from my post, shows that you cannot use logic and evidence to refute what I say

This meme is finally true.

miss-me-yet4.jpg

And you could replace that image with every single past American president and it would still be true.

Bush Jr was just uneducated and a simpleton. Trump is dangerously ignorant and narcissistically proud of it.

Link to "media" saying "you should be more afraid of the flu". The only one who keeps saying that is Rush.

Back
Top Bottom