• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Mr. Trump Knew It Was Deadly and Airborne

Yeah. Real smart, you is.

Hell yeah! We want a president who grabs the microphone and screams “We are in the grips of an epidemic and most of us will be dead in a year.”. Talk about panic, looting, and vigilanteism.

You guys are too funny!

Yeah, more 'black and white' thinking :roll:

I think this describes 'reality' a bit better:

Trump's stated reason for downplaying the virus was to avoid "panic." But that notion creates a false choice. It is simply not true that Trump could only either a) create total panic by telling the public the truth about what he knew about Covid-19 or b) downplay the severity of what he knew about the virus in order to maintain calm.

That's not an either/or! And even if it was an either/or, it still wouldn't excuse what Trump did. He didn't just downplay the virus. He openly mocked mask-wearing, one of the only proven tactics we have to mitigate the spread. He pushed hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for the virus, even though the FDA revoked its emergency use authorization for the drug in mid-June. Heck, he even suggested that people might benefit from shining a bright light inside their bodies or ingesting disinfectant to combat the virus.

That's MUCH more than just downplaying what he knew about coronavirus. That's openly rejecting science in favor of personal opinion and political point-scoring.

Donald Trump needs reminding that Bob Woodward isn't president of the United States - CNNPolitics

The only panic he worries about is the stock market.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

"Why didn't Woodward warn us sooner about the guy I'm going to vote for anyway?"

-every trump supporter.

:lamo :lamo

So funny, yet so sad.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Mr. Trump Knew It Was Deadly and Airborne | The New York Times

010pandemic_print-articleLarge-v2.jpg

Quite frankly, I am at a loss to identify something comparable in US presidential history to Donald Trump's lies and deceptions to the American people regarding the deadly coronavirus.

Estimates say ~100,000 needless American deaths. And what about those that surround him? His enablers? Even today they are still trying to paper-over Trumps massive dereliction of duty.

Democratic President Woodrow Wilson, 1918

He knew the Spanish Flu was transmitted via air, yet sent an additional hundreds of thousands of troops over to Europe in WWI travelling in Navy ships packed like sardines.

Why? Because the troops were needed to win the war, only many got ill and died before reaching the European Theater.

Wilson lied to the American people about all of this.

Hell yeah! We want a president who grabs the microphone and screams “We are in the grips of an epidemic and most of us will be dead in a year.”. Talk about panic, looting, and vigilanteism.

You guys are too funny!

Of course Trump didnt want us to panic and be afraid of COVID. After all, COVID is not Mexicans, Muslims, blacks, the caravan, the media, nasty women, low cost housing invading the suburbs, and the various catastrophes he listed recently that would befall us if Biden were elected. He’ll willingly grab the microphone to tell us to panic about those; an illness that might kill tens of thousands, never.

He knew the Spanish Flu was transmitted via air, yet sent an additional hundreds of thousands of troops over to Europe in WWI travelling in Navy ships packed like sardines.

Why? Because the troops were needed to win the war, only many got ill and died before reaching the European Theater.

Hmmmm. What's your source for this?

The Spanish Flu ebbed and flowed...it came in waves. It circled the globe twice. Were those troops loaded up and headed over in the middle of an outbreak? How could Wilson know the future? Whatcha got on specifics here? Cuz the details matter. Esp. the ones where he lied to the American people.

Of course Trump didnt want us to panic and be afraid of COVID. After all, COVID is not Mexicans, Muslims, blacks, the caravan, the media, nasty women, low cost housing invading the suburbs, and the various catastrophes he listed recently that would befall us if Biden were elected. He’ll willingly grab the microphone to tell us to panic about those; an illness that might kill tens of thousands, never.

:lamo

If Trump knew then so did a lot of other people, of course Trump was up against it like the time he banned travel from China and had the Demos come out against it, but by doing that Trump saved millions of lives.

Quite frankly, I am at a loss to identify something comparable in US presidential history to Donald Trump's lies and deceptions to the American people regarding the deadly coronavirus.

Estimates say ~100,000 needless American deaths. And what about those that surround him? His enablers? Even today they are still trying to paper-over Trumps massive dereliction of duty.

Who here didn't know that CV-19 was deadly?

The Spanish Flu ebbed and flowed...it came in waves. It circled the globe twice. Were those troops loaded up and headed over in the middle of an outbreak? How could Wilson know the future? Whatcha got on specifics here? Cuz the details matter. Esp. the ones where he lied to the American people.

Source youtube - Deadliest Plague of the 20th Century: Flu of 1918 - YouTube

How can Trump know the future?

This reminds me of a meme that was circulating several months ago. It pointed out the testing and isolation that people who came in contact with the president had to go through. It then said 'This shows he knows what needs to be done to prevent the spread of the virus, he just doesn't care about you.'

The woodward tapes show he knew. The rally's he is still holding without masks or social distancing shows he doesn't care about us.

That's it! I am NOT going to vote for Woodrow Wilson over that one.

I've read that Wilson did put the lid on news of the epidemic, at least in 1918 when it was running rampant stateside. Of course there wasn't a whole lot you could do about it back then, although some cities did start social distancing measures. I didn't know it had anything to do with the war. That certainly isn't what we hear was the big killer in the trenches of WW I.

FDR didn't do that after Pearl Harbor. George W. Bush didn't do that after 9/11.

But you assume Trump would have to scream COVID! like Chicken Little. In addition, you assume Americans cannot cope with adversity.

You are one crappy American, I'll say that.

If I’m a crappy American compared to you I’ll take that. You haven’t had a positive thing to say about the country since Trump got elected. Read the Chinese and Russian Twitter feeds. You’ll find your friends there. They all agree with you.

You guys are too funny!

And the worst strawman ever award goes to...

I take it he lost your vote because you believe he deliberately killed at least 100,000 people because he didn't move as fast as you would have liked him to move. That must mean you know so much more about leading a country of 330 million people through a pandemic that no one expected.

HE DELIBERATELY LIED ABOUT THE SEVERITY OF A HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS AND DEADLY VIRUS.

Is that getting through to you?

LOL that might be the most pathetic whataboutism in the history of political debates.

You guys are too funny!

Can you imagine if FDR had downplayed the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor? You know, in order avoid a panic?

No, this is about Trump lying about the severity of the virus. Stop gaslighting and deflecting.

I’m still waiting for someone to explain how telling the truth would have been helpful rather than harmful. In the words of Hillary Clinton, “What difference does it make?!”

Last edited:
Can you imagine if FDR had downplayed the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor? You know, in order avoid a panic?

He knew it was a distinct and probable possibility at least three days before it happened. He didn’t make that information public along with other potential Japanese targets on the West Coast. Why do you think that is?

He knew it was a distinct and probable possibility at least three days before it happened. He didn’t make that information public along with other potential Japanese targets on the West Coast. Why do you think that is?

“I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.” - Admiral Yamamoto after the attack on Pearl Harbor

So what strategic plan did Trump have in soft-peddling the virus?

“I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.” - Admiral Yamamoto after the attack on Pearl Harbor

So what strategic plan did Trump have in soft-peddling the virus?

I’ve outlined that numerous times without response.

If Trump knew then so did a lot of other people, of course Trump was up against it like the time he banned travel from China and had the Demos come out against it, but by doing that Trump saved millions of lives.

I believe Trump said BILLIONS of lies.

Back
Top Bottom