• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Moscow concert hall terrorist attack: Shooting and explosion reported

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Extended rounds of gunfire could be heard on multiple videos posted by Russian media and Telegram channels. One showed two men with rifles moving through a concert hall. Another one showed a man inside the auditorium, saying the assailants set it on fire, with incessant gunshots ringing out in the background.

Andrei Vorobyov, the governor of the Moscow region, said he was heading to the area and set up a task force to deal with the damage. He didn’t immediately offer any further details.

Russian media reports said that riot police units were being sent to the area as people were being evacuated.

The video and footage are extremely intense. The U.S. embassy in Russia posted a cryptic announcement two weeks ago about an imminent terrorist attack in Moscow.

Hopefully, the Russian government will find out who was involved and any co-conspirators.

ISIS influenced probably.
Horrible stuff and videos from the scene including close range executions and what not, over 100 dead and rapidly increasing. Not sure how many from being shot at and how many died in the flames.

Regardless of who did this, Putin will use it as propaganda against Ukraine.

ISIS influenced probably.
Horrible stuff and videos from the scene including close range executions and what not, over 100 dead and rapidly increasing. Not sure how many from being shot at and how many died in the flames.

We don't know if ISIS is involved. It very could be very much an attack from the CIA.

The U.S. embassy in Russia posted a cryptic announcement two weeks ago about an imminent terrorist attack in Moscow.

The embassy did not elaborate on who or what poses the apparent threat to the Russian capital, or what kind of attack may be imminent.

But Russia's FSB security service said Thursday that it had foiled a planned attack by an Afghan offshoot of the Islamic State terrorist group on a synagogue in the Kaluga region, southwest of Moscow.

We don't know if ISIS is involved. It very could be very much an attack from the CIA.
It looks like ISIS.
Don't know many CIA operations in Moscow from the past that involved murdering random civilians at a concert from point blank in such a brutal manner.

Regardless of who did this, Putin will use it as propaganda against Ukraine.

That's a Reichstag-fire type of event if I ever saw one.

The video and footage are extremely intense. The U.S. embassy in Russia posted a cryptic announcement two weeks ago about an imminent terrorist attack in Moscow.

Hopefully, the Russian government will find out who was involved and any co-conspirators.
Hint...check out Ukrainian special forces.

No Russian.

That was my initial thought as well. If not special forces, then pro-Ukraine terrorists... though there is little difference if they are Ukrainian special forces operating out of uniform and targeting civilians then they are terrorists.

Either way, ISIS of Ukraine, I'm sure Putin will blame Ukraine. It would help recruitment.

Hell, being Putin I wouldn't be all that surprised if the attackers were Russians.

That was my initial thought as well. If not special forces, then pro-Ukraine terrorists... though there is little difference if they are Ukrainian special forces operating out of uniform and targeting civilians then they are terrorists.

Either way, ISIS of Ukraine, I'm sure Putin will blame Ukraine. It would help recruitment.

Hell, being Putin I wouldn't be all that surprised if the attackers were Russians.

U.S. intelligence knew of a potential terrorist attack earlier this month. I doubt they shared that with Russian officials.

Ukrainians should be dropping bombs in the vicinity.

Can you imagine, Puttin do that.

Don't doubt it, don't try to see, don't give Putin energy.

He bombed his own people in their sleep.

Go Ukraine, I want to hear more terrorist activities in Russia.

U.S. intelligence knew of a potential terrorist attack earlier this month. I doubt they shared that with Russian officials.

... they issued a public warning of potential attacks on March 8th... do you think the Russians weren't scanning notifications from the US Embassy in Moscow?

... they issued a public warning of potential attacks on March 8th... do you think the Russians weren't scanning notifications from the US Embassy in Moscow?

The US should have shared all of its intelligence and data with Moscow. That's something Trump would have done.

If this is the case, then this is the maximum stupidity.
In general, it is possible for Kiev to commit sabotage in Russian capitals, yes, there are two capitals in Russia. The peculiarity of Muscovites and Petersburgers is that they live in a slightly different world and common concerns in Russia do not particularly concern them. The standard of living in these cities is higher and it is in no way inferior to the European or American standard of living... and there are also many fashion trends that are not alien to the Western man in the street.
It was the terrorist attacks on Dubrovka more than 20 years ago that allowed the Kremlin to receive the most unconditional support to close the Chechen issue, the Moscow intelligentsia has already fully approved the military outcome of the long-term conflict, pushing back any negotiations.
If Ukraine is involved in today's terrorist attack... then nothing will save her.
But let's not jump to conclusions. The perpetrators of this terrorist attack will not survive this night, but their corpses, weapons, phones, etc. will give enough information about who they are and who is responsible for it. In Russia, it is very difficult to find 5 Kalashnikov assault rifles and a large number of cartridges, such weapons are not freely in circulation here.

The US should have shared all of its intelligence and data with Moscow. That's something Trump would have done.

So now you are presuming what might not have happened based on the sheer power of ignorance.

You really should hold off on these kinds of declarations in general, but especially within 5 minutes of hearing about something....

Russia already knew something was in the wind:

The embassy did not elaborate on who or what poses the apparent threat to the Russian capital, or what kind of attack may be imminent.

But Russia's FSB security service said Thursday that it had foiled a planned attack by an Afghan offshoot of the Islamic State terrorist group on a synagogue in the Kaluga region, southwest of Moscow.

Russian social media is describing the attackers as Central Asian. They are more likely than not ISIS, which has been very public about their intent to go after Russia for some time now.

Back
Top Bottom