• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

More evidence that Christians Really are the American Taliban

IO'm for 1st amendment right to believe anything you want. But, I draw the line at abuse. This is obvious abuse.

BTW: I see many instances, like with the FLDS and other religious extremists, where the line is crossed, but the State fears to reign these people in because of the protections brought about by "religious freedom". Be it regulating homeschooling, where the cult teaches children fiction disguised as history and science, or something more direct, like beating children and women into submission.

This is craziness taken from the Old Testament, which is why there was a New Testament based on the teachings of Jesus Christ. I'm not a Christian but this ignorance is just a variation of the Westboro Church craziness and is not representative of Christianity at all. I's amazing to me that despite 2000 years of history there are still those who remain ignorant on the New Testament.

Too bad. Boo-hoo-hoo. My heart bleeds for you.

You're in America. You have your freedom to choose! Nobody's forcing you to marry into anything you don't agree with.

Grow up!

Not if I want to marry a man in several States.

That's right. In America we don't spank women for "misbehaving" as if they were a petulant 3-year-old. Hey do that in the lands of Mohammed. Maybe these people should move.

Pray tell, give me one reason a women deserves a spanking. Food was cold? Sandwich was soggy? Beer was warm?

Wtf is wrong with people?

Luckily we have someone who knows all about wife beating and includes the reasons why it should be done as well as instructions.

How to "properly" beat your wife - YouTube

Well, if ever there was any doubt that fundie Christians and Muslim fanatics are of the same vein, especially when it comes to subjugating women…

Let’s see…

1. Muslim women are not allowed an education…Christian women are encouraged to get an education.

2. A Muslim woman must cover herself head-to-toe in heavy, black burqas even thought they live in the desert…Christian women wear what they like.

3. A Muslim woman must keep her face covered at all times or she will have acid thrown in her face…Christian men enjoy seeing the beautiful faces of Christian women.

4. If a Muslim woman is raped she may be murdered by her own family in an “honor killing”…if a Christian woman is raped we imprison the rapist.

5. Muslim women can’t leave their homes without a male chaperon…Christian women go where they like, with whom they like, when they like.

6. Muslim women raise their children to be suicide bombers…Christian women raise their children to be missionaries.

So, yea, I can definitely see “Christian and Muslim fanatics are of the same vein, especially when it comes to subjugating women”.

…the practice of Christian Domestic Discipline puts it to rest forever.

Read the website and it sounds like some nutbags put this together. What I can tell you as a fact is that there is nothing in the Bible that requires / permits a husband to spank his wife.

And if it ain’t in the Bible then it ain’t Christian and I don’t care if some nutbag on the internet wants to call it “Christian” it doesn’t make it so.

God apparently has no connection to women…

Exactly what in the Bible led you to this bizarre conclusion?

Let’s see…

1. Muslim women are not allowed an education…Christian women are encouraged to get an education.

2. A Muslim woman must cover herself head-to-toe in heavy, black burqas even thought they live in the desert…Christian women wear what they like.

3. A Muslim woman must keep her face covered at all times or she will have acid thrown in her face…Christian men enjoy seeing the beautiful faces of Christian women.

4. If a Muslim woman is raped she may be murdered by her own family in an “honor killing”…if a Christian woman is raped we imprison the rapist.

5. Muslim women can’t leave their homes without a male chaperon…Christian women go where they like, with whom they like, when they like.

6. Muslim women raise their children to be suicide bombers…Christian women raise their children to be missionaries.

So, yea, I can definitely see “Christian and Muslim fanatics are of the same vein, especially when it comes to subjugating women”.

Read the website and it sounds like some nutbags put this together. What I can tell you as a fact is that there is nothing in the Bible that requires / permits a husband to spank his wife.

And if it ain’t in the Bible then it ain’t Christian and I don’t care if some nutbag on the internet wants to call it “Christian” it doesn’t make it so.

I honestly hope you are right.

It appears, when looking at various verses in the Bible, that God favors the men. It begins with Eve being blamed for the Fall, moves on the Lott's wife and the pillar of salt He turns her into and ends, somewhat, with Mary Magdaline in the N/T, although it does appear that she is fully redeemed due to her love for the Jesus Man.

Well, of course, I’m right.

It appears, when looking at various verses in the Bible, that God favors the men.

Then you should read the whole of the Bible. For example…

Genesis 1:27
“God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.”

Notice the language here. God created man…male and female. Or, in other words, from God’s perspective:

Man = 1 Male + 1 Female.

God made no distinction when he created man in His image. There was only one man and they were created male and female.

Of course he's right. The evidence is all around you. There is no way you can tell a Christan woman from any other woman unless you see them attending Church or share that information with you. It is impossible to be a Christian without the New Testament. It has become a very peaceful religion, which is what Jesus Christ preached.

Also few men in our democracies, Christian or otherwise, would put up with a woman being treated this way.

You made an error by suggesting that all Christians were like that Link you submitted but I think you know that was an error. We all make hasty mistakes sometimes when we perceive injustices.

The title of this thread alone deserves a long loud stinky fart in the OP's general direction.

Did you really just compare christians to the taliban? How can anyone take this thread seriously after such an absurd comparison? I'm not even religious and even I find that comparison insulting. It's so stupid to compare a religion that hasn't killed people in ages to a group of people that kills people as part of their everyday operations. You're comparing a religion that is charitable to the poor to a group of people that use the poor as suicide bombers. At what point does someone feel ashamed of themselves when they do such stupid things as compare these two obviously different groups?

As for topic, who really cares? Almost no one practices that anymore.

Let’s see…

Every single one of those points relating to muslim women is a complete load of rubbish.

Let’s see…

Jesus Christ, how little you know...

WHo on earth can believe this nonsense?

Apparently you, and any idiot who'd put stock in this crazy BS...

Trying to pass fetish freaks off as the whole of religion....eh huh...

Last edited:
That's right. In America we don't spank women for "misbehaving" as if they were a petulant 3-year-old. Hey do that in the lands of Mohammed. Maybe these people should move.

Pray tell, give me one reason a women deserves a spanking. Food was cold? Sandwich was soggy? Beer was warm?

Wtf is wrong with people?

You're how old? Excuse me for asking that.....but you're projecting your naivette by latching on to the first pseudo-"Christian" cult you've hit on google and couldn't tell the difference between that and Christianity!
Furthermore, you've given quotes that actually contradicted what you're arguing about without even realizing it! :lamo

So, when I say "naivette," - that's being kind. :lol:

Anyway....if you aspire to be treated seriously, spend more time improving your comprehension skills and learn something about the subject you're criticising. What this thread is right now is simply what one would call, a "comic relief."

Hey, we can't always be serious all the time....we need a break every now and then.

Last edited:

Well, of course, I’m right.

Then you should read the whole of the Bible. For example…

Genesis 1:27
“God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.”

Notice the language here. God created man…male and female. Or, in other words, from God’s perspective:

Man = 1 Male + 1 Female.

God made no distinction when he created man in His image. There was only one man and they were created male and female.
If that's true, why did he come out later and define it as:
- multiple women + man
or
- multiple women + man + hookers

Quite a conundrum.

The title of this thread alone deserves a long loud stinky fart in the OP's general direction.

Did you really just compare christians to the taliban? How can anyone take this thread seriously after such an absurd comparison? I'm not even religious and even I find that comparison insulting. It's so stupid to compare a religion that hasn't killed people in ages to a group of people that kills people as part of their everyday operations. You're comparing a religion that is charitable to the poor to a group of people that use the poor as suicide bombers. At what point does someone feel ashamed of themselves when they do such stupid things as compare these two obviously different groups?

As for topic, who really cares? Almost no one practices that anymore.
Christians, until only a few short years ago, used to condone slavery in the US, and burned "witches" at the stake, which they still do in Africa to this day. So, spare me your sanctimonious bull****.

You're how old? Excuse me for asking that.....but you're projecting your naivette by latching on to the first pseudo-"Christian" cult you've hit on google and couldn't tell the difference between that and Christianity!
Furthermore, you've given quotes that actually contradicted what you're arguing about without even realizing it! :lamo

So, when I say "naivette," - that's being kind. :lol:

Anyway....if you aspire to be treated seriously, spend more time improving your comprehension skills and learn something about the subject you're criticising. What this thread is right now is simply what one would call, a "comic relief."

Hey, we can't always be serious all the time....we need a break every now and then.

Fundie Christians are a radical bunch. THey blow up abortion clinics and start wars with countries that did us no harm.

Yes, and that's where our focus should be.

I agree.

Gunmen kill 9 foreign tourists in Pakistan

ISLAMABAD (AP) — Islamic militants wearing police uniforms shot to death nine foreign tourists and one Pakistani before dawn Sunday as they were visiting one of the world's highest mountains in a remote area of northern Pakistan, officials said.

The foreigners who were killed included five Ukrainians, three Chinese and one Russian, said Pakistani Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan. One Chinese tourist was wounded in the attack and was rescued, he said.
Looks like the real Taliban just raised the ante.

Fundie Christians are a radical bunch. THey blow up abortion clinics and start wars with countries that did us no harm.
:roll:

Whatever. :lol:

Christians, until only a few short years ago, used to condone slavery in the US, and burned "witches" at the stake, which they still do in Africa to this day. So, spare me your sanctimonious bull****.

Exactly how long ago is a few short years ago?

Exactly how long ago is a few short years ago?

When compared to the 1000-plus years when they were burning heretics, a blink of an eye.

Back
Top Bottom