• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MLB 2024

Mikolas sounds off on Dodgers playing “checkbook baseball”.
Dodgers tee off on Mikolas for 5 after 3;
Reds score 7 on the Nats; Astros 4-0 on Yanks; O’s 8-1 on the Angels;

Webb and SF up 1-0 on SD and Darvish after 4.

Well this really sucks.

The Arizona Diamondbacks will be without their top prospect, Jordan Lawlar, for at least two months after the shortstop tore a ligament in his right thumb and will require surgery.

Nick Piecoro of AZCentral.com reports that Lawlar's surgery is scheduled for Thursday.

According to Diamondbacks farm director Shaun Larkin, Lawlar's injury happened on Sunday when he jammed his thumb while trying to pick up a ball off the ground during a minor league spring training game. Larkin told Piecoro he expects Lawlar to have a "full return to baseball activity in eight to 10 weeks."

"We're expecting a full recovery," Larkin said. "He'll be ready to go when the time is right and we expect good things from him once he's back."

Lawlar was scheduled to start the season at Triple-A and I was hoping to see him on opening day. He's young and should recover fully. He'll be a boost to the Aces in mid-season and hopefully work his way back to the bigs.

I've seen enough. I know whose gonna to be in the playoffs.

Quite the comeback by the Yankees.

The fact that guys like Josiah Grey and Kyle Freeland are starting on Opening Day shows there's not enough competent starting pitchers to go around.

Can we forget about opening day for a moment and get back to the most pressing issue related to MLB??

My avatar.

Can we forget about opening day for a moment and get back to the most pressing issue related to MLB??

My avatar.
It's a fine avatar. Sadly the team it represents will probably have another disappointing season. The will most like finish 3rd behind the division winning Braves and the 2nd place Phillies. Of course the Braves, after winning the division, will choke in the playoffs, because that's what the Braves do.

"Checkbook baseball" vs "hard working midwest farmers" was his quote. Then he got spanked.

Work harder, midwest farmers.

1711727995853.jpeg

Mikolas sounds off on Dodgers playing “checkbook baseball”.
Dodgers tee off on Mikolas for 5 after 3;
Reds score 7 on the Nats; Astros 4-0 on Yanks; O’s 8-1 on the Angels;

Webb and SF up 1-0 on SD and Darvish after 4.

Last edited:
"Checkbook baseball" vs "hard working midwest farmers" was his quote. Then he got spanked.

Work harder, midwest farmers.

View attachment 67501689
I’m surprised to hear you say that when Midwest farmers are your political ilk.

I prefer the Midwest teams that have to stick to a budget. They build internally, as the Cardinals have done three times back to the 1920s & eleven World Series titles.

External building with mega-contracts to Yama, Betts, Ohtani, Freeman and the rest are what today’s fans see. I did like deserving Will Smith being rewarded with an ‘internal’ contract.

SNY or MLBN for the Mets game?
Darling at least makes it more palatable to listen to on SNY.
Strider/Wheeler should be good at the top of the hour.

Apple already scooping up two huge market games.
Don’t know how extra-innings and others will be affected.

Five late game, led by Pivetta/Kirby imo.
NESN has a good broadcasting team.

SNY or MLBN for the Mets game?
Darling at least makes it more palatable to listen to on SNY.
Strider/Wheeler should be good at the top of the hour.

Apple already scooping up two huge market games.
Don’t know how extra-innings and others will be affected.

Five late game, led by Pivetta/Kirby imo.
NESN has a good broadcasting team.
Sny..

Last edited:

Wished I'd gone, but still incredibly fun to watch, the runs came on base hits, only one HR...that happened before the 3rd.

Last edited:
Benches clearing... Ex-philly of course... Loo
It was a ‘legal’ and dirty slide by Hoskins.
All sorts of bad injuries could have resulted.
He needs that type of play brushed back, again.

Mets got a 5-inning one-run start by Lucchesi, albeit against the Nats’ AAA. All other minor league levels start next Friday. Our closest is Peoria of the Midwest High A.

The dodgers have the leagues best farm system. Kershaw, Seager, Bellinger, Smith, Pederson, Buehler, Urias, Gonsolin, May. And those are just the ones off the top of my head. You could win a world series with that lineup.

The strategy has always been to grow prospects, promote them and rely on big money free agents when it made sense. That strategy hasn't changed.

I’m surprised to hear you say that when Midwest farmers are your political ilk.

I prefer the Midwest teams that have to stick to a budget. They build internally, as the Cardinals have done three times back to the 1920s & eleven World Series titles.

External building with mega-contracts to Yama, Betts, Ohtani, Freeman and the rest are what today’s fans see. I did like deserving Will Smith being rewarded with an ‘internal’ contract.

Back
Top Bottom