• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MLB 2022

Braves have a scary, very good lineup... For them to strikeout 19 times yesterday is, IMO, shocking as hell..

I know deGrom is great and all of that.. But the Braves have a good, quality lineup...

Only 8 outs in play...

Braves have a scary, very good lineup... For them to strikeout 19 times yesterday is, IMO, shocking as hell..

I know deGrom is great and all of that.. But the Braves have a good, quality lineup...
They do have a very dangerous lineup...but they are also second in the league in strikeouts, behind only the Angels. So any team striking out that often is surprising, but the Braves are, unfortunately, as ripe for it as anyone.

They do have a very dangerous lineup...but they are also second in the league in strikeouts, behind only the Angels. So any team striking out that often is surprising, but the Braves are, unfortunately, as ripe for it as anyone.
2nd in strikeouts? I did not know that... For such a dangerous lineup, that's surprising...

BTW... Iirc last year Ron Darling said that 40 percent of the at bats now aren't put in play.. Walks... Strikeouts.. Foul outs... Only 6 out of 10 at bats are put in play..

That's a big problem for mlb...

Damn, not sure who had the bigger weekend ... the Metropolitans or those streaking Cards.

And it looks like the Dodgers are still laughing at San Diego...
Also known as a win, win!

Damn, not sure who had the bigger weekend ... the Metropolitans or those streaking Cards.

And it looks like the Dodgers are still laughing at San Diego...

Paul Dejong killed the Yankees, and he was batting like 150.

The Padres are 1-5 since they added Soto. They are 16 games back.

It is done. The Padres will overtake the Dodgers with Machado, Soto, Tatis, and Hader. They also added Josh Bell.

The Padres are 1-5 since they added Soto. They are 16 games back.

The Dodgers are a better regular-season team than the Padres, but in the playoffs, it's a completely different game.

+ They don't have Tatis back. He is a difference maker.

Why are teams still throwing to Judge?????

BTW... Iirc last year Ron Darling said that 40 percent of the at bats now aren't put in play.. Walks... Strikeouts.. Foul outs... Only 6 out of 10 at bats are put in play..

That's a big problem for mlb...
Contrasting that 40% statement that is probably true in this day and age which as you say is a big problem for mlb.

Hall of Fame catcher Ernie Lombardi, who had a good eye & rarely Struck out had 352 official at bats in 1935
season with only 22 Walks & Strikeouts that amounted to only 6% of his plate appearances.

He was also a very slow runner. I'm almost certain he was the only major league player ever to have hit into more
double plays than he was struckout!

Contrasting that 40% statement that is probably true in this day and age which as you say is a big problem for mlb.

Hall of Fame catcher Ernie Lombardi, who had a good eye & rarely Struck out had 352 official at bats in 1935
season with only 22 Walks & Strikeouts that amounted to only 6% of his plate appearances.

He was also a very slow runner. I'm almost certain he was the only major league player ever to have hit into more
double plays than he was struckout!

The new rules and deference for baseball analytics are reasons why someone like Joey Gallo plays the way he does.

Anybody else notice when Bryce Harper is away from the team he's on, that team plays better?

He leaves the Caps, they win the WS... This year he's out for the year, and now the Phillies are on fire...

Coincidence? I don't think so...

Btw.. Yankees only on Amazon tonight.. Mets on Appletv+..

I don't care... I'm old, nothing better for me than sitting outside listening to a baseball game on the radio... But, NY, the biggest market in the country... And no baseball game on OTA TV.. Weird...

Yankees win!(?)!

An absolutely shocking conclusion to a game tied thru 8 innings.

Back
Top Bottom