• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mitt Romney backing of Supreme Court vote paves way for election-year confirmation

2/3rds of fertilized eggs do not end in a child. So that makes God the biggest abortionist in history. There is a huge difference between a zygote being "alive" and it being a human. It has no more human characteristics than a fingernail clipping.
I dont believe in any god so I couldn't give a flying fart.

But do please continue your science denialist ramblings, they are quite entertaining

Of course. If garland had a fair hearing, they republicans might have avoided the hypocrisy allegations but they didn't even do that.
Honestly, I think so. If they had even just gone through the motions of fulfilling their duty to the Republic and the People, they'd be in a much better position to argue that they should hear Trump's pick now.

I dont believe in any god so I couldn't give a flying fart.

But do please continue your science denialist ramblings, they are quite entertaining

You might not believe in God but you certainly want to play him. Who died and gave you the right to punish women you never met because you "know" that abortion is wrong?

Correct. Let's get back to the precedent that has existed for many decades. Republicans have clearly realized how wrong they were in 2016, and since the past can not be changed one can only take comfort in that they are doing the right thing in 2020. Democrats should be celebrating Republicans coming around; turns out they're disgusting opportunistic hypocrites as well. Oh well.
That precedent never existed until mitch mconnel set it. No dice. Republicans never realized they were wrong, they are just hypocrites.

She also wants the next president to replace her? But of course you don't care what she wants, so your quotes are irrelevant.

He thinks whatever his cult leader The Donald tells him to think. If The Donald says she's lying, then she's lying. That's how it works in cults. Dissent against Father is verboten.

Correct. Let's get back to the precedent that has existed for many decades. Republicans have clearly realized how wrong they were in 2016, and since the past can not be changed one can only take comfort in that they are doing the right thing in 2020. Democrats should be celebrating Republicans coming around; turns out they're disgusting opportunistic hypocrites as well. Oh well.

I actually don't think it's a bad justification but the GOP can't even admit that what they were doing in 2016 was wrong. Their egos wont let them.

Trump has yet to figure out that Turtleman's unseemly rush to fill the seat means that he expects Trump to lose!

Trump has yet to figure out that Turtleman's unseemly rush to fill the seat means that he expects Trump to lose!
exactly. That's why it's critical he gets it done before the election. It would be even more hypocritical to let a lameduck decide after saying in 2016 that the people need to have a say.

I work for his campaign and am a solid supporter of Mitt's, have met with him personally and have a great respect for him. What everyone needs to remember is he is still a member of the GOP and a centrist. I don't think it's a fair statement as I have heard today that he aligns with the Never-Trump movement, ne has never given me that impressions.

Early on after RBG's death his constituents including myself have been lobbying hard for him to allow the vote. Remember, even us Never-Trumpers want conservative judges, we just don't want Trump in the White House.

You might not believe in God but you certainly want to play him. Who died and gave you the right to punish women you never met because you "know" that abortion is wrong?
No I have no interest in playing god. Just interested in defending the right of life guaranteed in our founding documents of those who cannot and do not have the voice to defend themselves.

Last edited:
Making DC a state requires a constitutional Amendment. Not likely gonna happen

No it doesn't. The Constitution just limits their number of electoral votes to three.

No I have no interest in paying god. Just interested in defending the right of life guaranteed in our founding documents of those who cannot and do not have the voice to defend themselves.

Then I am sure that 200,000 Americans who died to the trump virus is a catastrophe to you?

Honestly, I think so. If they had even just gone through the motions of fulfilling their duty to the Republic and the People, they'd be in a much better position to argue that they should hear Trump's pick now.

If they had gone through the motions, it would have avoided the “hypocrisy” argument four years later....

No it doesn't. The Constitution just limits their number of electoral votes to three.
Nope, the constitution establishes it as federal land, seceded from any state, under the authority and governorship of the federal government as the capital of the nation. Statehood for DC requires an amendment to change the constitution.

Right!? Absolutely agree. How anyone has an argument against considering a nominee is crazy. We saw the consequences last time; no need to repeat it. Good analogy.

There is a very big difference between the two.

Last time was nine months between the nomination and the election, now we have five weeks.

Republicans were willing to leave the seat empty for a year. So their sudden urgency is complete bullshit.

The main difference though is the fact that voting has already begun.

This is not during an election year,this is during an ongoing election...

Last edited:
I work for his campaign and am a solid supporter of Mitt's, have met with him personally and have a great respect for him. What everyone needs to remember is he is still a member of the GOP and a centrist. I don't think it's a fair statement as I have heard today that he aligns with the Never-Trump movement, ne has never given me that impressions.

Early on after RBG's death his constituents including myself have been lobbying hard for him to allow the vote. Remember, even us Never-Trumpers want conservative judges, we just don't want Trump in the White House.

Yes and no (to your last line). As a #NeverTrumper myself, I don't want to see uber conservative judges any more than I want to see uber liberal judges on SCOTUS. That's why I like Roberts. He's middling and fair. Moderate.

Nope, the constitution establishes it as federal land, seceded from any state, under the authority and governorship of the federal government as the capital of the nation. Statehood for DC requires an amendment to change the constitution.

What was the number of the Constitutional Amendment making Hawaii a state?

You posted a link to a blog. Not the Constitution.

You can't do that? So you lied, in other words.
I posted a link to an article that explains it and quotes the relevant parts of the constitution. Read it or dont, that's up to you. No, son, just because you're too damn lazy to read what was provided does not mean I "lied". My truthfulness is not dependent on your laziness and unwillingness to read, so kindly go pound sand.

Show me the exact text that says that DC cannot become a state.

While you're looking that nonexistent text up, there's also nothing in the Constitution that prevents dividing up Washington into the government section that isn't represented and the populated region that is. The latter could be just a couple acts of Congress away from becoming the 52nd state, after Puerto Rico.

I posted a link to an article that explains it and quotes the relevant parts of the constitution. Read it or dont, that's up to you. No, son, just because you're too damn lazy to read what was provided does not mean I "lied". My truthfulness is not dependent on your laziness and unwillingness to read, so kindly go pound sand.

You need to post a link to the Constitution. That wasn't an "article". It was a blog. Why do you lie so much?

You can't quote the part of the Constitution yourself because....you can't think without someone's blog?

Then I am sure that 200,000 Americans who died to the trump virus is a catastrophe to you?
People die all the time to all sorts of diseases. When they are deliberately killed, like those in nursing homes under Cupmo and Whitmer, certainly that is an outrage.

You need to post a link to the Constitution.
First off, I dont need to do anything, so let's get that out of the way right away, sparky. You are not in control of me. Secondly, I already posted a link to an article which directly cited the relevant parts of the constitution. If you cannot grasp what was said I suggest talking to your grade school teacher about how she failed you in teaching reading comprehension
That wasn't an "article". It was a blog. Why do you lie so much?

You can't quote the part of the Constitution yourself because....you can't think without someone's blog?
*shrug* That's on you. I already did my due diligence to support my argument. I can lead a moron to water but cannot force him to drink.

Back
Top Bottom