• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mitt Romney backing of Supreme Court vote paves way for election-year confirmation

Yet another article that goesinto detail why a constitutional amendment would be needed for DC statehood:

If you are not able to click on the articles and read whilst using your grey matter, I understand.......

A paywalled newspaper article? Really, quote the Constitution; I’m ready to learn........

A paywalled newspaper article? Really, quote the Constitution; I’m ready to learn........
It's not paywalled. Keep making up excuses though,as it's clear you have no interest in learning.

Yet another article that goesinto detail why a constitutional amendment would be needed for DC statehood:

If you are not able to click on the articles and read whilst using your grey matter, I understand.......
Another opinion piece. Do you know what opinion means? Are you not able to form your own? Here is my opinion. You are a racist and don't want DC to be a state because of its black majority. There is no constitutional obstacle. Just my opinion. Feel free to refute that with the actual passage that you think helps your claim.

Another opinion piece. Do you know what opinion means? Are you not able to form your own? Here is my opinion. You are a racist and don't want DC to be a state because of its black majority. There is no constitutional obstacle. Just my opinion. Feel free to refute that with the actual passage that you think helps your claim.
That's nice. According to the left I am not capable of racism, as I am not white.

Now, you have the opportunity to read to different articles relating the constitutional issues of DC statehood. Your refusal to even read let alone grasp the argument is your own issue. Come back when you've read and understood. Or not, I couldn't care less.

That's nice. According to the left I am not capable of racism, as I am not white.

Now, you have the opportunity to read to different articles relating the constitutional issues of DC statehood. Your refusal to even read let alone grasp the argument is your own issue. Come back when you've read and understood. Or not, I couldn't care less.
It would be easier for you to just admit that there is nothing in the constitution about DC statehood instead of constantly looking like you are dodging the question.

Did you respond to the right person? My post was about Puerto Rico.
I responded to the right person, but it grabbed the wrong quote

Democrats are in love with neocons now, too. Who'da thunk it?

I hear Bill Kristol is circling Biden's campaign as we speak.
I don’t think Republicans have principles. Saying you’re anti neocon today, means about as much as you saying you were for free trade and low deficits before Trump. The republican base simply follows whatever dogma their leader sells them.

It would be easier for you to just admit that there is nothing in the constitution about DC statehood instead of constantly looking like you are dodging the question.
Why would I admit something that is demonstrably untrue when I have already posted numerous links that explain the issue in detail? That you arare incapable of or unwilling to read them is not my problem

There is a very big difference between the two.

Last time was nine months between the nomination and the election, now we have five weeks.

Republicans were willing to leave the seat empty for a year. So their sudden urgency is complete bullshit.

The main difference though is the fact that voting has already begun.

This is not during an election year,this is during an ongoing election...
Of course it's bull. And Democrats who argued in September of 2016 to hold confirmation hearings are now urging against them. Complete bull. On both sides. Nobody cares, as long as it's their guy doing it. So we are left with what is right; and considering a nominee when one is presented is right, and has been repeatedly done in election years before.

I actually don't think it's a bad justification but the GOP can't even admit that what they were doing in 2016 was wrong. Their egos wont let them.
Oh well. No one cares. Best to celebrate they are doing the right thing now, even if they are egotistical opportunists that were wrong before.

That precedent never existed until mitch mconnel set it. No dice. Republicans never realized they were wrong, they are just hypocrites.
No worries. They were wrong then, and are right now. Get back to following the precedent they broke. Great news that Republicans are doing the right thing now, even though they were wrong in 2016.

I think the judge from FL checks too many boxes to ignore.........🤷
I agree. But she hasn't previously been vetted for the position, and Trump looks like he wants this through as quickly as possible, so I doubt it.

No I have no interest in playing god. Just interested in defending the right of life guaranteed in our founding documents of those who cannot and do not have the voice to defend themselves.
Nothing in the Constitution guarantees any rights for a zygote or fetus. You are making that up yourself.

I agree. But she hasn't previously been vetted for the position, and Trump looks like he wants this through as quickly as possible, so I doubt it.

According to my research, Barrett was confirmed by the Senate by a vote of 55-43; Logoa was confirmed by a Senate vote of 80-15.

Nothing in the Constitution guarantees any rights for a zygote or fetus. You are making that up yourself.
Our founding documents directly recognize the right to the life and liberty of every human in this nation. You just want to pick and choose which humans are counted as humans, much like slave owners did.

According to my research, Barrett was confirmed by the Senate by a vote of 55-43; Logoa was confirmed by a Senate vote of 80-15.
Which means little to Trump. Barrett was vetted for the position a year ago, when she was being seriously considered before Kavanaugh was finally chosen. Logoa has not been vetted for the position.

Good. Block the progressive agenda in the court. Democrats love court since they can't get any of their left wing nonsense passed.

The republicans have had a long game strategy of packing the courts. McConnell even admitted it in his autobiography. What the GOP is doing right now, is packing the court. I want a moderate court. I don’t want a packed court. It’s already far more right wing than the general public, but that’s the point
a moderate court being one that pretends some constitutional rights-usually ones the Right cherishes-can be bargained away?

I don’t think Republicans have principles. Saying you’re anti neocon today, means about as much as you saying you were for free trade and low deficits before Trump. The republican base simply follows whatever dogma their leader sells them.
and you think the collectivist left are independent thinkers?

a moderate court being one that pretends some constitutional rights-usually ones the Right cherishes-can be bargained away?
We have more rights than guns.

We have more rights than guns.
we do-sadly left-wingers often ignore the ones that are actually set forth in the Bill of rights

Back
Top Bottom