• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mitochondrial Eve

Wait. Are you under the impression that this link disproves...something? Can you elaborate on what this supposedly disproves?
I want to be provided some ancestors of hominids. This could help to not disprove evolution theory.
A theory is valid until it has been invalidated. Well, validate evolution theory.

I want to be provided some ancestors of hominids. This could help to not disprove evolution theory.
A theory is valid until it has been invalidated. Well, validate evolution theory.

Homo erectus? Homo habilis? Ardipithecus kadabba?

Australopithecus anamensis?

Except it's not. She's singling out a d-loop mutation rate and ignoring everything else.
As I previously indicated, this is not particularly my area of great expertise, for clarity sake I was only pointing out she was NOT doing what you said she was doing.

Does all this mean that God doesn't want transsexual people to use public restrooms?

As I previously indicated, this is not particularly my area of great expertise, for clarity sake I was only pointing out she was NOT doing what you said she was doing.

Right, right. You're not actually presenting any opinion. Wouldn't want to do that, might get proven wrong.

Do you think the earth is billions of years old, or thousands?

Right, right. You're not actually presenting any opinion. Wouldn't want to do that, might get proven wrong.

Do you think the earth is billions of years old, or thousands?
I don't think you really care what I think, you care about what you think, which is normal. As stated by myself from the beginning, this is not my area of expertise... so, I do not know, I do know that science is generally improving, yet that there are causes and relationships among differing sets of circumstances that are still quite unknown, perhaps unknowable. I will let the evidence lead me, neither side has been particularly persuasive to me as yet.

You, on the other hand, would have done better to present your evidence rather than to go off committing errors that did not describe the actual problem correctly.

As a sidenote to the Neanderthal-ish and cro magnon-ish human ancestors of man, of which Neanderthals actually interbred with humans with little success Neanderthal-Human Sex Rarely Produced Kids, Study Suggests | Neanderthal & Human Interbreeding | Neanderthal Genome & Human Genome , who were ancestors of cro magnons and neanderthals? Who or what were the ancestors of hominids (the non-scientific term for original humanoids) and so on and so on...? Show me instances that don't disprove your hypothesis, evolution-theory lovers. Not you, Gaugingcatenate, you aren't an evolution-theory lover.

Sidenote: From where did your id originate, Gaugingcatenate? Do you link something?
I like trying to connect the dots, and to catenate means: to connect in a series : link... then once I get it all connected, best I can, I like to assess or gauge whatever it is to come up with my own understanding... that's all she wrote on that, ha ha ha.

Wait. Are you under the impression that this link disproves...something? Can you elaborate on what this supposedly disproves?
I ll take up that question from my own perspective and for my own edification. First step, do you agree or disagree with the study referenced in the link?

Does all this mean that God doesn't want transsexual people to use public restrooms?
I do not think most want to stop anybody from using a public restroom for which there is, we all know from personal experience, often a true need. Just trying to get the correctly plumbed folks to use the correct plumbing where it fits best for all of society, not just a select few. I will inquire of you, what does that has to do with the topic?

I do not think most want to stop anybody from using a public restroom for which there is, we all know from personal experience, often a true need. Just trying to get the correctly plumbed folks to use the correct plumbing where it fits best for all of society, not just a select few. I will inquire of you, what does that has to do with the topic?
This is just another overt jab at the religious or pseudo-religious crowd, connector. Connect the dots and ask Risky Thicket if he/she is an atheist.

Last edited:
Catarrhini. Split into hominoidea and cercopithecoidea.
Monkeys... And before? And before? And before and before and before and before? No more and before? Dude, did you misplace your car?

And where is your proof?

Last edited:
Monkeys... And before? And before? And before and before and before and before? No more and before? Dude, did you misplace your car?

And where is your proof?
Are you still asking for what the common ancestor was?

Last edited:
This is just another overt jab at the religious or pseudo-religious crowd, connector. Connect the dots and ask Risky Thicket if he/she is an atheist.
Risky isn't an atheist from what I've gathered.

Are you still asking for what the common ancestor was?
Yes, and I'm 'borrowing' a classic line from one of my favorite movies, "Dude, Where's My Car?"

Yes, and I'm 'borrowing' a classic line from one of my favorite movies, "Dude, Where's My Car?"
Never watched that movie before, but I know Ashton Kutcher from That 70's Show.

But to answer your question, it is hard to exactly pinpoint when the common ancestor was created, but scientists estimate that it was created at least 4 billion years ago. But to what exactly the common ancestor was, it was most likely a single cell organism.

Never watched that movie before, but I know Ashton Kutcher from That 70's Show.

But to answer your question, it is hard to exactly pinpoint when the common ancestor was created, but scientists estimate that it was created at least 4 billion years ago. But to what exactly the common ancestor was, it was most likely a single cell organism.
Physicists also say that dark energy was greatly involved in the creation and expansion of the universe. Funny thing with dark energy (and dark matter), the descriptor, dark, isn't referring to the color, it's referring to a class of object that is unknown. For example, who is going to win the presidency in 2016? The dark president.

Scientists venture hypotheses with explicitly unknown entities. Who would've thunk? Kinda hard to disprove a hypothesis with unknown variables.

Last edited:
Chimps never started turning human. You fundamentally misunderstand evolution. Here's an image I showed another forums poster who made the same error:
bQ7CyfJ.png

People often get this linear idea of evolution. Often from images like this one:
evolution.jpg

But it's really more like a tree. The image above just shows one of the branches. Chimps are on a different branch. Branches never reconnect, and chimps will never become humans. Nor will mice turn into birds. It just doesn't work that way.
Yetis are a myth, dude. They never existed. You might as well ask me to show evidence for the existence of werewolves.
I just wish I could double thumbs up your posts, Deuce.

What is the common ancestor of chimps and humans? How did that common ancestor originate?
The same way the common ancestors of birds and dinosaurs originated? Or the common ancestor of horses and rhinos?

So....that means we have to invite rats to family reunions?
If you had been to some of my family reunions...Just saying.

Just another tid bit to help this along some, instead of trying to teach evolutionary theories myself:
The Common Ancestor and Why we Don't See Them Today

Physicists also say that dark energy was greatly involved in the creation and expansion of the universe. Funny thing with dark energy (and dark matter), the descriptor, dark, isn't referring to the color, it's referring to a class of object that is unknown. For example, who is going to win the presidency in 2016? The dark president.

Scientists venture hypotheses with explicitly unknown entities. Who would've thunk?

But that's not comparable to evolution, though. The Evolutionary Theory is not a hypothesis, it's a scientific theory.

And evolutionary scientists have been able to infer what the common ancestor may have been because of the mountains of evidence they have gathered.

But that's not comparable to evolution, though. The Evolutionary Theory is not a hypothesis, it's a scientific theory.

And evolutionary scientists have been able to infer what the common ancestor may have been because of the mountains of evidence they have gathered.
Is the bolded because of mountains of evidence or a propensity of prejudice? Like the flat-earthers before the Renaissance? Whatever, it isn't science.

Is the bolded because of mountains of evidence or a propensity of prejudice? Like the flat-earthers before the Renaissance?

It is because of the scientific evidence. None of this is based on prejudice.

And yes, it is in fact science. Whether you choose to accept that fact or not is up to you.

It is because of the scientific evidence. None of this is based on prejudice.
Anthropogenic global warming isn't based on prejudice? It's considered science.

I like trying to connect the dots, and to catenate means: to connect in a series : link... then once I get it all connected, best I can, I like to assess or gauge whatever it is to come up with my own understanding... that's all she wrote on that, ha ha ha.

I ll take up that question from my own perspective and for my own edification. First step, do you agree or disagree with the study referenced in the link?

Since you're unwilling to answer straightforward questions of mine, I'll do the same.

Back
Top Bottom