• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Miscegenation

Anti miscegenation has all but vanished from legal code. America is the great melting pot, there's a lot of cultural crossover, especially in urban areas. Is miscegenation wrong or right for the future of our culture?

Can I ask what the point of this thread was? Were you expecting someone to come out and say "Yeah, keep em' separate"?

Can I ask what the point of this thread was? Were you expecting someone to come out and say "Yeah, keep em' separate"?

He's hoping someone would agree with him, yeah.

I don't expect that. Should someone say "keep em' separate," we would have to debate the issue of race, but that's not necessarily the topic of the thread. Broadly speaking, fragmentation or cloning are examples of asexual reproduction. While the sex is a big part of it, there are cultural differences that can present a challenge when miscegenation occurs in otherwise culturally homogeneous communities. I'm looking for more response about miscegenation than yes or no, because globalization and technological advances increase cultural friction.

I don't support inbreeding, however it is relative to the level of similarity throughout generations. One might say "I think miscegenation should take place but at a very slow rate."

I don't expect that. Should someone say "keep em' separate," we would have to debate the issue of race, but that's not necessarily the topic of the thread. Broadly speaking, fragmentation or cloning are examples of asexual reproduction. While the sex is a big part of it, there are cultural differences that can present a challenge when miscegenation occurs in otherwise culturally homogeneous communities. I'm looking for more response about miscegenation than yes or no, because globalization and technological advances increase cultural friction.

I don't support inbreeding, however it is relative to the level of similarity throughout generations. One might say "I think miscegenation should take place but at a very slow rate."

Rather than a hypothetical "one" maybe possibly saying something, what do you say?

Rather than a hypothetical "one" maybe possibly saying something, what do you say?

It's not racist to say "I like Black women," though it would be racist to say "I prefer black women to Caucasian women."

I haven't formed an opinion on the subject, which is why I came here to ask the question in the thread, so what do you say?

It's not racist to say "I like Black women," though it would be racist to say "I prefer black women to Caucasian women."

I haven't formed an opinion on the subject, which is why I came here to ask the question in the thread, so what do you say?

As I've said already:

People choose their own mates. What is hypothetically good or not good for society is entirely irrelevant.

And evolution shows us that genetic diversity has advantages.

You know, you start an awful lot of "just asking questions" threads. I'm starting to wonder if you have any opinions at all.

Humans around the globe have many different physical characteristics which do not immediately change when they are introduced into another region. That's part of what race is. The Newsweek article is just splitting hairs. You're trying to get to the bottom of the issue of race while we talk about miscegenation, as though describing race in a different manner would change the way we talk about miscegenation. Miscegenation is just interbreeding among racial groups, i.e. humans with different physical characteristics from foreign regions where many other such humans exist as a group, together.
the discussion on miscegenation is moot. Race isn't biological, so a person with a wide noise mattress with a person with a narrow nose. That's just called breeding. Nothing else.

Not at all. People have their sexual differences. Since racial differences are almost all cosmetic, it makes sense that just about anybody is going to prefer members of some "races" to others. It's only racist when it's based on something other than cosmetic factors, like racial fetishes typically are. I don't like the stereotypical African nose, so black women are on average less attractive to me than women of other races; I'm attracted to black women without that nose just fine. Asian women are typically smaller than women of other races, and I prefer larger women, so I am generally less attracted to Asian women than women of other races; I'm attracted to taller and more muscular Asian women just fine. I actually find epicanthic eye folds attractive, so I find Native American and (larger) Asian women more attractive.

It's not any more racist than having a specific sexual orientation is sexist.

As I've said already:

People choose their own mates. What is hypothetically good or not good for society is entirely irrelevant.

And evolution shows us that genetic diversity has advantages.

You know, you start an awful lot of "just asking questions" threads. I'm starting to wonder if you have any opinions at all.

I do have opinions, thank you. I believe I have shared some of my opinions with you, if not, I've shared with others my opinion on other matters.

If genetic diversity, as you say, has its advantages, I would expect that you should like to maximize those advantages. Therefore, with gene sequences, the best combination (for variety's sake) would be orthogonal gene sequences. In other words, miscegenation being right means that we should actively pursue sexual partners that have different genetics than ourselves. Of course, this is all hypothetical, since you do not appear to be comfortable discussing it in detail.

Not at all. People have their sexual differences. Since racial differences are almost all cosmetic, it makes sense that just about anybody is going to prefer members of some "races" to others. It's only racist when it's based on something other than cosmetic factors, like racial fetishes typically are. I don't like the stereotypical African nose, so black women are on average less attractive to me than women of other races; I'm attracted to black women without that nose just fine. Asian women are typically smaller than women of other races, and I prefer larger women, so I am generally less attracted to Asian women than women of other races; I'm attracted to taller and more muscular Asian women just fine. I actually find epicanthic eye folds attractive, so I find Native American and (larger) Asian women more attractive.

It's not any more racist than having a specific sexual orientation is sexist.

Yeah, great, the beauty is only skin deep argument.

Well, you say that it's ok to be attracted to someone based on cosmetics. What's the difference between being attracted to someone based on their culture, or physiology?

No, I think it becomes racist when you attribute that cosmetic to a single race exclusively.

Well, you say that it's ok to be attracted to someone based on cosmetics. What's the difference between being attracted to someone based on their culture, or physiology?

Unless you are fetishizing a culture, if you are attracted to someone because of their culture, you are actually attracted to them because of their individual expression of that culture, just like you are attracted to their individual phenotype rather than their actual genetic code.

I do have opinions, thank you. I believe I have shared some of my opinions with you, if not, I've shared with others my opinion on other matters.

If genetic diversity, as you say, has its advantages, I would expect that you should like to maximize those advantages. Therefore, with gene sequences, the best combination (for variety's sake) would be orthogonal gene sequences. In other words, miscegenation being right means that we should actively pursue sexual partners that have different genetics than ourselves. Of course, this is all hypothetical, since you do not appear to be comfortable discussing it in detail.

There's no right or wrong about it. People should choose sexual partners based on whatever criteria they desire.

Your jabs about not being comfortable discussing it are pure projection, and quite amusing.

There's no right or wrong about it. People should choose sexual partners based on whatever criteria they desire.

Your jabs about not being comfortable discussing it are pure projection, and quite amusing.

What's amusing is that you came to my thread to talk to me and not about the subject of the thread. Pathetic.

Genetic diversity is healthy. A positive trait for survival of a species.

And it doesn't matter whether it's "good for society" or not. It's not anyone's place to tell anyone who they should or should not copulate with.

for the most part i agree with you. however, many physicians who approve of sterilization and abortion tell patients who may be carriers of a genetic disease to be tested. if the chances of passing their genetic defect on are great, they recommend sterilization and they have every fetus checked for defective genes. they advise abortion when they believe it warranted
to that degree diversity should be restricted

Last edited:
Despite some of the articles which have been provided, there seems to be an ongoing controversy about whether or not race exists. In the fluid way that race is treated in this thread, it seems to be the case that every act of breeding is nearly miscegenation, or miscegenation to some degree.

Anti miscegenation has all but vanished from legal code. America is the great melting pot, there's a lot of cultural crossover, especially in urban areas. Is miscegenation wrong or right for the future of our culture?

I know my parents despised miscegenation. I'm undecided. I don't think we are allowed an opinion on this topic. We are supposed to parrot the expected opinion. Don't think; don't analyze; just obey.

Now THIS closed the discussion.

I know my parents despised miscegenation. I'm undecided. I don't think we are allowed an opinion on this topic. We are supposed to parrot the expected opinion. Don't think; don't analyze; just obey.

I was trying to avoid this. You might be right that we're not allowed an opinion on this topic. I hadn't intended to indicate that it was wrong in the sense that it should not be done, but I was wondering where you all thought miscegenation lies on a scale from (best, worst). I guess in a political forum, it's easy to get caught up in belief, so it's my hope that people will be able to form an opinion and then substantiate it with reason, rather than "nope, can't do anything about it" or "sorry, that's just the way it is." I am actually a little bit surprised that someone who is not a moderator would want to end a thread. As you pointed out, don't analyze.

How terrible that people criticize you if you suggest that black people have inferior blood that shouldn't be mixed with pure white superiority.

I was trying to avoid this. You might be right that we're not allowed an opinion on this topic. I hadn't intended to indicate that it was wrong in the sense that it should not be done, but I was wondering where you all thought miscegenation lies on a scale from (best, worst). I guess in a political forum, it's easy to get caught up in belief, so it's my hope that people will be able to form an opinion and then substantiate it with reason, rather than "nope, can't do anything about it" or "sorry, that's just the way it is." I am actually a little bit surprised that someone who is not a moderator would want to end a thread. As you pointed out, don't analyze.

I'm not a fan of the word, "Miscegenation." But, as far as interracial dating, breeding, marriage, whatever...I have no qualms with it. Of course, if I had a white daughter who dates black men, I prefer she choose an Air Force lieutenant over a gang member or an engineer over a slug who sleeps all day and cheats on her all night. But, that would apply to white or black men. So, I see it as a moot point.

How could it be wrong or right? its neither, its simply personal choice. It's a meaningless choice based on "our" culture as a country. It would be completely wrong to outlaw it, just like it would be completely wrong to legally force it. Let me guess, you personally are against miscegenation. Luckily for you, you live in a country where you are free to make that choice and luckily for the rest of us your personal opinion doesn't matter to our rights and freedoms.

I think whatever is right between two people --> is none of our business! :doh

hell I had to look up the word

I came from a small white waspish community and there were only a handful of blacks in town. A black family lived on our street. It was interesting from a child's perspective to hear different views and comments from neighbours as I grew up.

I knew they "looked" different but I really didn't know why, and I didn't care. Their kids were older than me so out of my league.

The oldest boy married some gorgeous tall blonde that had been a model. There were a lot of comments about the contrast and "what would happen to the kids"

I never really understood what that meant since nothing had happened to him as a kid growing up on our community that I could see from my little perspective.

Now I doubt anyone would even comment or likely have an opinion if we took those same people and moved them forward into the world today.

Thus that was just about growing pains.

Genetic diversity is healthy. A positive trait for survival of a species.

And it doesn't matter whether it's "good for society" or not. It's not anyone's place to tell anyone who they should or should not copulate with.

Unless you are fetishizing a culture, if you are attracted to someone because of their culture, you are actually attracted to them because of their individual expression of that culture, just like you are attracted to their individual phenotype rather than their actual genetic code.

I'm not a fan of the word, "Miscegenation." But, as far as interracial dating, breeding, marriage, whatever...I have no qualms with it. Of course, if I had a white daughter who dates black men, I prefer she choose an Air Force lieutenant over a gang member or an engineer over a slug who sleeps all day and cheats on her all night. But, that would apply to white or black men. So, I see it as a moot point.

Just wondering if you guys and gals agree that miscegenation, if it exists in its presently known form, is a matter of personal right. I think it is a personal decision about who we associate with in our intimate relationships. To that end, miscegenation implies the existence of a family via breeding. If we are at liberty to choose our sexual partners, we should also choose whether or not they are family members.

Just wondering if you guys and gals agree that miscegenation, if it exists in its presently known form, is a matter of personal right. I think it is a personal decision about who we associate with in our intimate relationships. To that end, miscegenation implies the existence of a family via breeding. If we are at liberty to choose our sexual partners, we should also choose whether or not they are family members.

I do not support criminal laws against consensual incest between adults. I also do not support allowing close relatives to marry.

That was not the intent of my statement "family via breeding." Instead, I meant the generation of family by conception and marriage of people not previously related by family or marriage.

Just wondering if you guys and gals agree that miscegenation, if it exists in its presently known form, is a matter of personal right.
Yep.

1) Two consenting adults, who are not too closely related, should have the right to marry and/or have children.

2) No one has ever demonstrated any real harm resulting from two people of different races marrying and/or having children that could potentially abrogate that right.

3) Race is a social construct, and has almost no correlation to genetic information in the first place. This should not be a surprise, since it was largely developed to foster the enslavement and oppression of groups by other groups. As such, barring a relationship on the basis of race has no real justification, especially as it is primarily a tool of oppression.

Not that complicated.

I can't respond to this because I have no idea what the hell you are trying to say.

Back
Top Bottom